Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 148
  1. #21  
    Some guys who made comments on gizmodo are mad and some gave some funny ideas like the iGlove , telekinesis, and a scotch tape for fixing the issue.lol

    Scroll down all of them as well as the videos

    iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?
  2. #22  
    Check this video out:
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  3. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    The problem is, when the signal is way down in some areas, and this issue pops up, the call that's riding on an already weak signal will probably drop. Or you may not be able to make reliable calls. Of course this will affect some more than others (especially those in areas with weaker signal strength) but it is a rather serious problem nonetheless.

    With one bar wavering in and out, my Droid can hold a call with my hands all over it. I do it all the time at work as my office gets a very weak signal.
    I tried to duplicate this in a low signal area, and I still couldn't
  4. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I tried to duplicate this in a low signal area, and I still couldn't
    Congratulations then - you are probably one of many that don't have the problem. That still doesn't discredit the issue though.

    To flip it...just b/c my third Pre hasn't had to be returned doesn't mean a lot of other folks didn't have problems with their 4th, 5th, or even 6th.

    Bottom line is that for a company that proudly, and admittedly rightfully so in a lot of case (yet still arrogantly), touts its quality this is not a good thing. Not too serious unless it becomes habit but still not a good thing at all.
  5. #26  
    AppleInsider | Death Grip hysteria may end Monday with iOS 4.01

    Looks like a software update to resolve the problem is already on the way slated for next week.
  6. #27  
    this could cause a real safety issue if you need assistance. i can not believe something of this magnitude was not caught before they shipped them. i guess you could tell a robber to hold on while you wipe your hands off
  7. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    this could cause a real safety issue if you need assistance. i can not believe something of this magnitude was not caught before they shipped them. i guess you could tell a robber to hold on while you wipe your hands off
    Hmm... So Steve doesn't want left-handed people to be able to call for help in case of an emergency?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  8. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Bottom line is that for a company that proudly, and admittedly rightfully so in a lot of case (yet still arrogantly), touts its quality this is not a good thing. Not too serious unless it becomes habit but still not a good thing at all.
    Less than 12hrs. Thats the amount of time it took for a problem to be mentioned and then the public to give a final verdict.

    I'm not saying people should pretend it's not an issue, but considering in less than 48hrs then so many people have declared this to be a complete failure. And most of those people aren't iPhone users and have zero interest in buying one.

    I'm not making excuses for Apple, but since I don't own one then I'm just not as interested in their problems as I am in my own Pre issues. I had a launch day Pre that had broken peices, oreo, reception, sluggishness and all sorts of problems that I simply put up with. A few weeks ago I finally got Palm to replace it and the exact same issues are happening.

    If this problem reveals itself to be widespread and continues to have this problem still in a few months then I'll join the "doom and gloom" crowd. But for now then I'd like to see what the next update does because all this judgement seems premature.
  9. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Hmm... So Steve doesn't want left-handed people to be able to call for help in case of an emergency?
    im left handed, thank goodness i own a pre
  10. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    im left handed, thank goodness i own a pre
    Yea, better watch out. Steve Jobs is out to get you...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  11. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    With one bar wavering in and out, my Droid can hold a call with my hands all over it. I do it all the time at work as my office gets a very weak signal.
    Ah, the beauty of Verizon CDMA. You're probably dealing with an 850Mhz tower which gets you the building (and hand) penetration, and CDMA is not as susceptible to low signal strength issues as GSM in the first place.

    There's no mystery to this issue at all. Bill Gates is left-handed - mystery solved - you're all welcome.
  12. #33  
    Rumor: iOS 4.01 Update Coming on Monday, Will Fix Reception Problems

    guess we'll see anyways... every since first gen... always something to get peoples attention... negative black on the first gen to the last gen of people complaining overheating, white phones discoloring and oleophobic coating rubbing off, etc. i like apples track record compared to other phones so we'll see.
  13. #34  
    speaks for itself... Well, I am surprised the mighty apple is delivering defect to it's loyal consuner base. Looks like there are some BUGS to work out of iphone 4. Can you say... "eat crow" ....
    one of the #1 arguments made by iphans towards pre users is the quality of R and D and the products . This antenna was proudly touted by Mr. Jobs as a solution to iphone recption issels in the past. Between this and his failure to connect to wifi for three minutes at conference... Embarrasement
    iPhone 4 Problems: Display Error And More! | Pinoytutorial Techtorial
  14. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    speaks for itself... Well, I am surprised the mighty apple is delivering defect to it's loyal consuner base. Looks like there are some BUGS to work out of iphone 4. Can you say... "eat crow" ....
    one of the #1 arguments made by iphans towards pre users is the quality of R and D and the products . This antenna was proudly touted by Mr. Jobs as a solution to iphone recption issels in the past. Between this and his failure to connect to wifi for three minutes at conference... Embarrasement
    [url= 4 Problems: Display Error And More! | Pinoytutorial Techtorial[/url]
    all companies run into bugs when releasing tech into the field.... This is pretty minor for iphone... But just embarrassing that it was not discoverred prior to launch. They release 1 phone a year and take a lot of pride in build quality etc... To the point of arrogance. Looks like they have some display issues as well. It's to be expected... But the reason people jump all over it is because of jobs arrogance. When you are arrogant... People have little tolerance for you. As you sow... So shall you reap.
  15. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    Between this and his failure to connect to wifi for three minutes at conference... Embarrasement
    Yes. Almost as embarrassing as wasting several hours a week in researching and obsessing over a product you don't have any interest in ever actually buying. I'm sure those million dollar bills aren't absorbent enough for all the tears he's shedding in embarrassment.
  16. #37  
    would be nice if any manufacturer could bring out a flawless unit at release... acutally would be a first if apple brought out any of their phones that someone didnt find some issue whether real or made up. what will be really surprise is if they dont resolve the issue one way or another whether a sw update or a future tweak in manufacturing. From history, I like Apples record.

    lol... it's only been two days out and haters having fun. two days and the story above said rumor is a sw update by monday.. they are on it and not waiting to read and ignore an "exchange poll" on a forum to deal with.

    You wont see apple let design flaws like an oreo go unfixed or let their beautiful bodies develop cracks around their ports.

    Let's hope that HP will handle issues like that better than Palm did in the past year.

    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    speaks for itself... Well, I am surprised the mighty apple is delivering defect to it's loyal consuner base. Looks like there are some BUGS to work out of iphone 4. Can you say... "eat crow" ....
    one of the #1 arguments made by iphans towards pre users is the quality of R and D and the products . This antenna was proudly touted by Mr. Jobs as a solution to iphone recption issels in the past. Between this and his failure to connect to wifi for three minutes at conference... Embarrasement
    iPhone 4 Problems: Display Error And More! | Pinoytutorial Techtorial
  17. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Yes. Almost as embarrassing as wasting several hours a week in researching and obsessing over a product you don't have any interest in ever actually buying. I'm sure those million dollar bills aren't absorbent enough for all the tears he's shedding in embarrassment.
    delusional... What's up with you man? What about the millions of hours you spend defending apple? Disgruntled pre user?
    how about the next time you buy any elecrtronicsor tech / car etc... You spend half as much time researching the product and make sure it has a reliable history before you purchase, as you do *****ing on this site. You buy a first gen phone based on what... ? Better question, with so many options out there.. What made you get the pre? I'm assumming you are a launch day pre owner. Do your research on products before you buy. If you want to be an early adopter... Then take the consequences that come along with that. i4th gen iphone users bagging on the quality of a first gen phone is pathetic. Your loyal defense of the apple empire... Is als bizarre. You spend hours bashing a 1st gen phone... Webos... Which have the potential to be an excellent choice for consumers with subsequent releases... And nothing but healthy for the competition.
    I can see what I get out of defending / debating a fledgling webos... It's survival.What do you get out of defending one of the most established phones on market... Except for assiting jobs in loading millions into his vault? Helping crush any competition? Please.. Don't spin and avoid.. Man up and explian. I am curios what motivates you and others to staunchly defend an already successful os that needs no defense ? Ego? Iphone will always be better than webos? Webos has a small awarness and market share. I believe in it so I debate why I think it's better than the other options out there.... What's your motivation... Other feel free to chime in.
  18. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    would be nice if any manufacturer could bring out a flawless unit at release... acutally would be a first if apple brought out any of their phones that someone didnt find some issue whether real or made up. what will be really surprise is if they dont resolve the issue one way or another whether a sw update or a future tweak in manufacturing. From history, I like Apples record.

    lol... it's only been two days out and haters having fun. two days and the story above said rumor is a sw update by monday.. they are on it and not waiting to read and ignore an "exchange poll" on a forum to deal with.

    You wont see apple let design flaws like an oreo go unfixed or let their beautiful bodies develop cracks around their ports.

    Let's hope that HP will handle issues like that better than Palm did in the past year.
    way to not reae my second post... Or just want to bash so bad you didn't want acknowledge it.
    keep bashing palm ist gen webos phone... Time is running out .. So get it all out....
    btw - what happened to all the palm is dead / doomed/ failure posts... Ohh yeah , time ran out on that.
    Mr. Jobs appreciatedyour blind loyalty to his products... He spent billions in ad placemenst and comercials to give you the impression that is the best. It's no surprise that you are convinced it is. Competition is healthy.. I do not hate the iphone... I do not buy into the apple culture. I do think webos is better , mo.
  19. #40  
    if you wanted your comments to be taken as a whole, then you should have edited your post and combined your post into one thread. I think you are bright enough to know what you were doing with two threads... gotta get that anger out in the first eh? and then more diplomatic in the second

    Wow, so much anger... you hate a person for creating a phone and doing his way and spending the billions he spent (and you have to remember that he had to EARN those billions to spend it) and blame people love for another phone for palms past failures? lol.

    gosh you gonna keep using '1st gen' as an excuse? cant wait to read your 'its a second gen comapared to a 4th gen' posts. lol.

    i like the webos... think it can be great... last year could have been great. it's not the product i had a problem with... it's palms failures to make it what it should have and not being honest of where it really was that was the problem. and i have no problem in trying to have voice my opinions so that it can make it better. just like apple ******* bringing up the signal issue and screen discoloring issue to make the issues known and better. If only palm had addressed the concerns than to ignore or pretend not there.

    Hopefully the second gen will be as awesome as all the competitors out there... android is really rocking and have no problem giving them credit when credit is due but should be critical when deserved.

    take is easy dude... just a forum... enjoy

    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    way to not reae my second post... Or just want to bash so bad you didn't want acknowledge it.
    keep bashing palm ist gen webos phone... Time is running out .. So get it all out....
    btw - what happened to all the palm is dead / doomed/ failure posts... Ohh yeah , time ran out on that.
    Mr. Jobs appreciatedyour blind loyalty to his products... He spent billions in ad placemenst and comercials to give you the impression that is the best. It's no surprise that you are convinced it is. Competition is healthy.. I do not hate the iphone... I do not buy into the apple culture. I do think webos is better , mo.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions