1.    #1  
    I was on Phonedog reading up on Sprints new Galaxy s phone due out this summer and came across this info about 6 future Sprint phones including the Hp c40. Like I said before the future is bigger screens whether you like it or not.

ceeaser28 @ Jun 16 12:30 PM

heres a list of 6 phones coming to sprint 4G enabled by years end, from my high up source at HP....

Any who, there are atleast another 6-10 4G devices coming to sprint by the end of the year.

Those that are known about are as follows.

1. Samsung Glalaxy S Pro- This phone is nice but it is by no means an Evo. It has a 5 mp camera, front facing camera, 4" high res super amoled screen, qwerty keyboard, 1ghz processor. It is slower thatn\ the Evo (different processor) and lacks sense UI as it comes with touch wiz which is very iPhoney. You are not missing anything out on this one. It will compete with the Droid and mytouch 3G slide. I will prob get this for my mom though who would be sooo soo confused with an Evo =] Q3 2010
    Samsung Galaxy S Pro from Sprint

2. LG LS680- This is a device that was expected to be released at CTIA wayyy back in January, days before the "Supersonic" was leaked. LG decided they wanted to make it a 4G device however and increase the screen size to compete with, well the phone above, the S-Pro. It will come with a 3.7" amoled (i have also heard lcd but i have reason to believe amoled) high res screen, 5mp camera, qwerty, 750 mhz processor (unless this was also upgraded), android 2.1 (depending on release 2.2). They went back and tried to make it more like there prada line, it will have smoother edges though, and more than likely a silver color. Q3 2010

3. HP c40- THis was formerly known as the palm c40 until the company was bought out by HP. This device will be the first of HP's new mobile line featuring web OS. It will have a large 4.0 + " high res screen, LCD, 8mp camera, 720p recording, just an overall larger and better device than the pre. The time frame for this was supposed to be Q3 2010 but that could be pushed back to Q4.

4. Motorola MS400- This device was originally thought to be a windows phone but several sources have said that is has been converted to android. It will be something similar to the verizon droid X, but with a 4G radio, and a smaller size especially in height. Q3-Q4 2010

5. HTC SABOR- HOLY CRAP. Do you remember me talking about the HTC Scorpion, a rumored 1.5 ghz device? Well Sprint gave that one up. Sad? NOOOOO! Instead they are getting the HTC Sabor (code name ofcourse) that is a 2ghz device to compete with the 2ghz moto device coming to Verizon wireless!!!! THANKYOU SPRINT?! This change was recently made as this phone will be the successor of the Evo and will hit shelves either Q4 2010 or Q1 2011. This is all dependent on the moto release date. Be looking for an over 1000 res screen, android 2.5 (gingerbread), 2 cams one being a 10 mp, 1080p recording, kickstand =], HTC has also been working closely with parteners to develop their own version of super amoled and this will more than likely be their first device with it, as long as everthing goes according to plan!

^ I'll keep you posted on this one!!!

There are also several other but nothing has been leaked to me or the public yet!
    <moved thread>
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    3. HP c40- THis was formerly known as the palm c40 until the company was bought out by HP. This device will be the first of HP's new mobile line featuring web OS. It will have a large 4.0 + " high res screen, LCD, 8mp camera, 720p recording, just an overall larger and better device than the pre. The time frame for this was supposed to be Q3 2010 but that could be pushed back to Q4.

I have to question the reliability of this source. The author is clearly wrong where he suggests that hp BOUGHT Palm, this has yet to take place. As of now, Palm is still an independent company.
    This sounds more like a person who is piecing random rumours together to make what appears to be good information.
    Whilst I think there will be a new webOS device, I am disregarding any specifics in this post as the author is just guessing.
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/24/2010 at 06:48 AM.
    please let it not be called hp. I like the palm name
    they did buy Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    they did buy Palm
    So they currently own Palm? Wow I missed this, when did all the transactions go through?
    Last edited by pip smith; 06/24/2010 at 07:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I thought the transaction was supposed to close in late July?
    Cost: 1.2billion
    correct nothing is official yet until the shareholders vote at the this month I thought, next friday...
    It's from a reliable source, Jackson from the Android and Sprint forums. He sent an email to Soorma, who posted that exact quote in this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/future-...-c40-info.html
    As with most things of this nature, I'll thank the poster for bringing it to us... but I'll believe it when I see it. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    correct nothing is official yet until the shareholders vote at the this month I thought, next friday...
    That is correct. HP does not own Palm right now. The shareholders are voting on Friday. There is a chance that the deal won't even go through...

I don't get why people think HP bought Palm already...
    Originally Posted by NitOxYs
    3.8" IPS Capacitive Touch Screen
    Cortex A9 1.0-1.2Ghz
    512MB RAM
    OMAP4430 - POWERVR SGX540 Graphics
    16GB - 32GB Internal Memory
    Improved Vertical keyboard - Larger Buttons, better design
    No MicroSD Slot.
    Gesture Area
    1550 MaH Battery
    WebOS 1.5 will introduce a horizontal virtual keyboard.
    4G will be optional, but it will have the modem present.
    This phone will be announced shortly before the closing deal with HP. Early July.
    i like these rumored specs alot better.
    Sigh...too many discrepancies for C40 specs.
    and the point of posting this other than to be a donkey's posterior towards the ops speculation?
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    So they currently own Palm? Wow I missed this, when did all the transactions go through?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    If we get a 4" portrait slider with a kickass keyboard, I will be really happy.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    you mean like the Dell Lightning....

If 1.5 brings about widgets and a real visual voicemail app, I'd give it a go. Well, minimum 32gb of memory since they probably won't have a card slot, again. Otherwise, I'll stick with Android.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    If you are that concerned about whether the sale formally closes, I will be happy to give you 10-1 odds that it will. Let me know how much you want to put up on that bet.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    The Samsung galaxy is actually a lot more powerful than the EVO. All the EVO has is a fast processor that is barely able to play a 3D game properly unlike the Pre. The Galaxy scored really high in some tests.

Sounds like a bunch of made up info
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    you mean like the Dell Lightning....

If 1.5 brings about widgets and a real visual voicemail app, I'd give it a go. Well, minimum 32gb of memory since they probably won't have a card slot, again. Otherwise, I'll stick with Android.
    Dell, RIM, look at all these portrait sliders coming out. Looks like companies are catching on that people like a good portrait slider.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo