Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From Mashable:

Critical iPhone 4 Issues and Complaints Are Mounting

Several early iPhone 4 customers have discovered critical issues with the phone’s display and reception that could pose major problems for Apple’s newest mobile device.

Multiple Apple- and gadget-focused websites are receiving reports that the iPhone’s much-discussed “Retina Display” is susceptible to a yellow discoloration, either as a thin line of yellow or as a circular tint.

That’s not the only problem: there are now countless videos online that show how holding the new iPhone by its sides can decrease reception quality.

We’ve received a growing number of tips about these complaints, as well.

. . .

(more at the link)

This post brought to you by: Pure Schadenfreude. Now in a convenient 20oz size!
    Pre had more issues still.

Some videos point out the antenna issue happens with some 3g's and 3gs's too. Might be more software than hardware.
    Sucks though cause steve touted both the antenna and the magical screen.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Pre had more issues still.
    I disagree, the pre had more inconsistent build quality issues. As there are many pre owners around here with launch day pre's that are fine.

Also the pre didn't have any major flaw across the board at launch, atleast not any that was crippling. Material issues yes, QA issues yes, but not a major design blunder like this one by apple.

The screen blotches are minor to me, as they are hardly evident on my pre when it gets hot. I just hope those that leave the pre for iphone4 also criticize apple for these same little things they where whining about(screen blotches) on the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog421 View Post
    I disagree, the pre had more inconsistent build quality issues. As there are many pre owners around here with launch day pre's that are fine.

Also the pre didn't have any major flaw across the board at launch, atleast not any that was crippling. Material issues yes, QA issues yes, but not a major design blunder like this one by apple.

The screen blotches are minor to me, as they are hardly evident on my pre when it gets hot. I just hope those that leave the pre for iphone4 also criticize apple for these same little things they where whining about(screen blotches) on the pre.
    I think it's to early to say, but alot of people had problems with the pre, it has more moving parts (oreo, keys) and that can be expected.

my brother should be getting his iphone4 soon by mail, and I sincerely hope he dosnt have to monkey around getting it fixed or replaced.

if anything I hope it is something we all can remember, first gen of a new device (iphone 4 is not the same device as the 3gs and 3g) often has issues. If you want to avoid problems, don't be first ib line, wait a few months.
    It would be interesting if this does lead to recalls, as hinted in the article. But we do need to see if this is widespread.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    I guess we'll find out soon enough how widespread it is. Between these issues and AT&T's overly-fraught network, this could get nasty. And while I feel for the people gypped out of enjoying their cool new toy, I still might giggle.

. . . a little.
    I can say that on my two new iPhone 4's, I have no signal or screen issue. I have actually tried to duplicate the signal issue in multiple locations and I could not. Just did my first facetime call (between NY and California), it was pretty sweet. Got to see my baby nephew.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I can say that on my two new iPhone 4's, I have no signal or screen issue. I have actually tried to duplicate the signal issue in multiple locations and I could not. Just did my first facetime call (between NY and California), it was pretty sweet. Got to see my baby nephew.
    This is good news! I still think people should test the units in-store before taking them home if the issues are widespread and yellowing is supposed to disappear after more use from Gizmodo reports.

Regarding Facetime, from what I read they say that Facetime doesn't use your minutes to talk (maybe to connect). If so once the jailbreak is out people can more or less do VOIP instead of use minutes.
    Ruh-roh. Seems Jobs didn't use enough Unicorn Power at the plant and now the new "Magical iPhone4" is having issues!

Super iPhone Unbreakable screen...breaks
    iPhone 4 drop test yields results (video) -- Engadget

Super Unscratchable screen...scratches
    Yes, you can certainly scratch the iPhone 4 (updated with more photos) -- Engadget

Build Quality(TM)....nuff said.
    Poll: is your iPhone 4 retina display seeing yellow spots? (update: losing bars in the hand?) -- Engadget

Oh, and don't HOLD the phone when calling...
    Some iPhone 4 models dropping calls when held left-handed, including ours (video) -- Engadget

Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Ruh-roh. Seems Jobs didn't use enough Unicorn Power at the plant and now the new "Magical iPhone4" is having issues!

Super iPhone Unbreakable screen...breaks
    iPhone 4 drop test yields results (video) -- Engadget

Super Unscratchable screen...scratches
    Yes, you can certainly scratch the iPhone 4 (updated with more photos) -- Engadget

Build Quality(TM)....buff said.
    Poll: is your iPhone 4 retina display seeing yellow spots? (update: losing bars in the hand?) -- Engadget

Oh, and don't HOLD the phone when calling...
    Some iPhone 4 models dropping calls when held left-handed, including ours (video) -- Engadget

^^You need to be burned at the stake!!! How dare you betray the Holy Lord Messiah Steve Blow-Jobs by posting negative info about one of his holy devices!!!

But seriously, why am I not surprised? Cheap parts with a nice outer casing = iPhone.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
    lol it's no excuses this is Apples 4th device in there line up, it should be somewhat fine tuned. Maybe they shouldve stuck with the old design for a little longer
  12.    #13  
    On Twitter I have decided that anything I tweet about the new iPhone will bear the #sinistrophobia hashtag.

Sinistrophobia:
    the fear of left-handedness.
    Funny. People on the PREcentral board complaint about hardware issues on another device.

My iPhone 4 has been fine.
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/iphone-4s-yellow-spot-issue-goes-away-with-a-bit-of-time/

Update on the yellow blotches.

BTW I saw posts about scratches appearing already, I think on CNET. I expected the glass to shatter after hard drops though. I don't believe there's such a thing as truly unbreakable glass and I hope no one at Apple actually said that.

As for the antenna, that may be a bigger issue if widespread. That would be a design flaw.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Funny. People on the PREcentral board complaint about hardware issues on another device.

My iPhone 4 has been fine.
    Same here... absolutely flawless. (I verified in store to be sure)

Lightening fast, app folders rock! Camera quality is really good!

The hardware is beyond elegant, nothing on the market even comes close.
    hahahahahahahahahaha

no really

ahahahahahahahahaha
    August 2009 - January 2011. Thank god I'm no longer a Pre user!

STEVE JOB'S reaction
    Last edited by darkzone; 06/24/2010 at 03:24 PM.
    My iPhone 4 is fine, but my EVO has a screen peeling off, my Nexus 1 has screen sensitivity issues, my original Pre has too many problems to list, my Storm 2 hurts my thumbs, and so on.
    Yes, we know Apple is always perfect for you.

Apple's underwhelming response. Supposedly Steve Jobs real response.

Apple responds over iPhone 4 reception issues: you're holding the phone the wrong way -- Engadget

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast