Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
Results 141 to 159 of 159
  1. #141  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Everything you write about is extremely vague and contradictory so it's hard to know for sure what you're talking about. Supposedly Android doesn't work but yet you have an EVO, Incredible, Droid and Hero all for support. So that alone tells me it is working or you're just full of it. Simple question. If Android isn't working, why the need to support it? Are these people using multiple phones? One for Android and another for email? Doubt it.

    Also you haven't given any details about your Active Sync setup so discussing that with you is impossible. Yes there are problems with default mail client but it's not impossible to get it working:
    A quick look at Android 2.1's Exchange support | Brightpoint GB Blog

    That was just one tiny example I've found when googling the issue so it is possible and does work. I've googled and found many other links to workarounds that have gotten it to work in different situations with signed certs (even third party).

    So please, elaborate a little on your setup and educate me since you seem to know so much.
    I will try to keep this simple because you keep digging yourself a bigger hole. I receive new devices to play with and test because my very large company has a relationship with every carrier and almost every phone vendor. They supply us devices in the hopes of us one day supporting them ( pretty standard stuff in the business world). Currently, the only devices we give out to users are blackberries and iPhones. Perhaps one day when android devices are more capable we will support those too.

    Now I'm not going to educate you about exchange activesync and digital certificates. I am also not going to get into the differences between purchasing a public cert or creating your own because i have an idea you know very little of the subject. Let's just say currently, Android devices do not support the use of our self created certificate. You say others are using self signed certs with Android, I have my doubts. Can you please provide a link to back that up?

    Now with all that being said, my company will probably eventually move to buying a cert through verisign or another company. Still, the android email client needs some serious work before it can be considered to be on the iPhone and blackberry level. Whether you choose to believe that or not is up to you.

    By the way, did you read the web page that you linked to? Read the part again when the author tried to accept the self signed cert. See the error?.....sigh.
  2. #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I will try to keep this simple because you keep digging yourself a bigger hole. I receive new devices to play with and test because my very large company has a relationship with every carrier and almost every phone vendor. They supply us devices in the hopes of us one day supporting them ( pretty standard stuff in the business world). Currently, the only devices we give out to users are blackberries and iPhones. Perhaps one day when android devices are more capable we will support those too.
    Nice backpedal, I officially do not believe anything you post at this point. You seem to make stuff up as you type.


    Now I'm not going to educate you about exchange activesync and digital certificates. I am also not going to get into the differences between purchasing a public cert or creating your own because i have an idea you know very little of the subject. Let's just say currently, Android devices do not support the use of our self created certificate. You say others are using self signed certs with Android, I have my doubts. Can you please provide a link to back that up?

    Now with all that being said, my company will probably eventually move to buying a cert through verisign or another company. Still, the android email client needs some serious work before it can be considered to be on the iPhone and blackberry level. Whether you choose to believe that or not is up to you.
    I really don't think you know much about what you write either.

    By the way, did you read the web page that you linked to? Read the part again when the author tried to accept the self signed cert. See the error?.....sigh.
    The point is he got it working. Duh.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  3. #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Nice backpedal, I officially do not believe anything you post at this point. You seem to make stuff up as you type.




    I really don't think you know much about what you write either.



    The point is he got it working. Duh.
    Backpedal, are you out of your mind? I think I officially found the most inept person at this website. You talk about things in which you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. You already admitted you never used an evo, or new iPhone, but you talk about these devices like you have first hand knowledge.

    Then, you try to get into a discussion about a matter that clearly you have no right to discuss. It is clear that you have no idea what a digital certificate is. Read the link again buddy. Did he really get it working? Or did he use a work around that defeats the whole purpose of using certificates?

    It is pointless continuing this conversation with you. In the future I will have to consider the source with any other posts or statements you say around here. I often (almost never) agree with things that Mikah posts, however he never just pulls random junk out of nowhere (in which he knows nothing about) to try to get his point across.
  4. #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Backpedal, are you out of your mind? I think I officially found the most inept person at this website. You talk about things in which you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. You already admitted you never used an evo, or new iPhone, but you talk about these devices like you have first hand knowledge.
    Personally I doubt you even have an Evo. And if you have one you're clueless about it, and Android in general.

    Then, you try to get into a discussion about a matter that clearly you have no right to discuss. It is clear that you have no idea what a digital certificate is. Read the link again buddy. Did he really get it working? Or did he use a work around that defeats the whole purpose of using certificates?
    No he got his device to accept the certificate using the workaround. Fact is, since your IT department is the one setting up the accounts and not the end user, what's the big deal? Do you not trust your own server's identity?

    It is pointless continuing this conversation with you. In the future I will have to consider the source with any other posts or statements you say around here. I often (almost never) agree with things that Mikah posts, however he never just pulls random junk out of nowhere (in which he knows nothing about) to try to get his point across.
    Yeah, whatever, you're stuck in that Apple bubble and it's obviously clouding your brain.
    Last edited by darreno1; 06/28/2010 at 09:05 AM. Reason: grammar
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  5. #146  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Fact is, since your IT department is the one setting up the accounts and not the end user, what's the big deal? Do you not trust your own server's identity?

    Wow, you know nothing of this matter, and every time you open your mouth you sound more idiotic. You should avoid giving your opinion on things you are clearly not familiar with. You can have the last word.
  6. #147  
    It was entertaining at work yesterday but... will you two idiots put a sock in it already... ?
  7. #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Wow, you know nothing of this matter, and every time you open your mouth you sound more idiotic. You should avoid giving your opinion on things you are clearly not familiar with. You can have the last word.
    You sound like a broken record and have obviously nothing to refute what I said.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  8. #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    It was entertaining at work yesterday but... will you two idiots put a sock in it already... ?
    It's simple, don't read. And cool it on the name calling if you don't want it right back at you.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  9. #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    It's simple, don't read. And cool it on the name calling if you don't want it right back at you.
    agreed. Leave me and my good buddy Darren alone.
  10. #151  


    Wat? Seriously? a Crapple owner made this vid AFTER he was going to be fired and could only resort to personal attacks on the guy but couldn't back up his/her Crapple phone? AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  11. #152  
    All I want to know is where's the program for the computer generated voices? I knew of one on AT&T once, believe it or not, but I don't think the link is valid anymore. It was funny, you could make them say anything and then download the wav files.


    Found it!! The link is still valid.

    http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 07/11/2010 at 03:07 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    All I want to know is where's the program for the computer generated voices? I knew of one on AT&T once, believe it or not, but I don't think the link is valid anymore. It was funny, you could make them say anything and then download the wav files.


    Found it!! The link is still valid.

    AT&T Labs Natural VoicesŪ Text-to-Speech Demo
    Very cool find Ms. Diva --

    It might be broken, cause for some reason Crystal keeps repeating: "BARYE is the greatest, BARYE is the greatest, BARYE is the greatest ..."
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  13. #154  
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  14. #155  
    hey mobile man. Instead of educating on self-signed certificates, please explain how neighbor-signed certs work. Also, have you worked much with certs signed by famous people?

    :grin:
  15. #156  
    http://gizmodo.com/5584887/consumer-reports-changes-its-mind-retracts-iphone-4-recommendation-over-reception-issues
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. #157  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    http://gizmodo.com/5584887/consumer-reports-changes-its-mind-retracts-iphone-4-recommendation-over-reception-issues
    Wow!
    It is odd that CR first said all was okay without first testing it.
  17. #158  
    Most "official" reviews should be taken with a grain of salt IMO. CR apparently is no longer reputable either. Recommending something on brand name alone is bad.


    http://blogs.consumerreports.org/ele...twork-gsm.html
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  18. #159  
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions