Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 159
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    No. My parents want to see my son feeding duckies and saying cute things. They don't want to see screen dissolves set to Dido. I'm showcasing my son, not making an Apple commercial.
    Hahaha, good point. Nothing irritates me more than having crappy music playing to a video when you just want to hear what's going on.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    LOL, you said this the last time, it's like you just cut and pasted it. Anyway why have an EVO, droid and incredible when they all run the same version of Android? Same with the Pre, why do you have to have a Pre Plus?



    I brought up the EVO because it's the only Android phone with a ff camera. Why do I need to compare it to the iPhone? Qik lets you chat and edit video on the EVO. And I don't need to have one to know that.

    Since I use Touchdown, my email experience has been excellent so far. Nothing to complain about. Not sure why that came in this convo, but whatever.
    A few things. I can tell you haven't tried Qik on the EVO yet. I suggest you do before you discuss it in any positive manner. It's super buggy and unusable at the moment. Why do I have many different devices? Different carriers, different UI, different OS levels when shipped, different vendors, different email clients, and mostly......I get them all for free.

    Ha, touchdown. So I need to purchase a 3rd part app in order to use email? Try doing that when your company wants to buy 10,000 devices, some running different levels of the android OS then others.
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever92 View Post
    I'll take WebOS over CrApple any day. Even if the Pre has "problems". Also, no itOOlunes to deal with too.
    I've been a mac guy for a long time. I've programmed for macs long enough that I have used macintosh common lisp on OS 9. However I'm getting tired of apple's BS. If adobe made their CS suite for linux, I'd switch and never look back.
  4. #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Hahaha, good point. Nothing irritates me more than having crappy music playing to a video when you just want to hear what's going on.
    I love it when people put down a great feature of another device, because either their device doesn't have it, or because it's not important to them.

    The iPhone shoots very respectable 720p video. Easily on par with the flip recorder. I always have my cell phone with me (I usually have 3 or 4 with me). Therefore I always have my video recorder with me. Is it really that hard for you guys to recognize why some people wouldn't want video editing? And you say you have no agenda. Ha.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I love it when people put down a great feature of another device, because either their device doesn't have it, or because it's not important to them.

    The iPhone shoots very respectable 720p video. Easily on par with the flip recorder. I always have my cell phone with me (I usually have 3 or 4 with me). Therefore I always have my video recorder with me. Is it really that hard for you guys to recognize why some people wouldn't want video editing? And you say you have no agenda. Ha.
    Is every feature and every app of every phone of use to you? Of course not. Video editing on a cell phone is useless to me. I'm not putting it down. Just saying it is useless TO ME. The lack of precision controls and screen real estate make it bad for ANY cell phone,. If the Pre 2 gets announced tomorrow with 1080P video, 5MP front facing camera, and Final Cut mobile onboard, I WOULD STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY.

    What video is so pressing that it needs to be edited with music and transitions, but cannot wait until I get home to do it on the PC I bought specifically for heavy duty stuff like that or on my super light and portable laptop?
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Is every feature and every app of every phone of use to you? Of course not. Video editing on a cell phone is useless to me. I'm not putting it down. Just saying it is useless TO ME. The lack of precision controls and screen real estate make it bad for ANY cell phone,. If the Pre 2 gets announced tomorrow with 1080P video, 5MP front facing camera, and Final Cut mobile onboard, I WOULD STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY.

    What video is so pressing that it needs to be edited with music and transitions, but cannot wait until I get home to do it on the PC I bought specifically for heavy duty stuff like that or on my super light and portable laptop?
    My goodness. Mikah has declared video on a cell phone is useless. I guess it must be true then. We should probably just remove all video features from every phone then. Nobody should feel the need to shot video on their phone. Do you feel the same way about still pictures? Just wow. You really are amazing.
  7. #127  
    First off, I said video EDITING on a cell phone.
    Second, I said TO ME.
    Third, you are really emotional today.
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Third, you are really emotional today.
    And your like this everyday. You can have the last word. Goodnight.
  9. #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    A few things. I can tell you haven't tried Qik on the EVO yet. I suggest you do before you discuss it in any positive manner. It's super buggy and unusable at the moment. Why do I have many different devices? Different carriers, different UI, different OS levels when shipped, different vendors, different email clients, and mostly......I get them all for free.
    Like I said earlier, I'm not talking quality, just what can be done. I have no desire to video chat anyway. And yes I've read that qik is pretty buggy, however it seems to work well for some. The quirks will undoubtedly be worked out and I'm sure we'll see other apps soon. Fring is an alternative BTW.


    Ha, touchdown. So I need to purchase a 3rd part app in order to use email? Try doing that when your company wants to buy 10,000 devices, some running different levels of the android OS then others.

    Hmmm you gave me the impression your company wasn't heavy into Android at all before. Now they want to buy 10,000 devices? What percentage of those are going to be Android? Anyway we're straying way off topic here.

    I'll just add that Froyo promises better enterprise support out of the box and it's nice to see your company is hopping on the Android bandwagon .
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I love it when people put down a great feature of another device, because either their device doesn't have it, or because it's not important to them.
    I don't see your point. If I shoot video with my Droid, I can upload them to my PC and add music and whatnot. It has nothing to do with the fact that I don't do it on Droid. It's just a feature that's not important to me at all.

    The iPhone shoots very respectable 720p video. Easily on par with the flip recorder. I always have my cell phone with me (I usually have 3 or 4 with me). Therefore I always have my video recorder with me. Is it really that hard for you guys to recognize why some people wouldn't want video editing? And you say you have no agenda. Ha.
    I've seen several videos of the iPhone's quality and even though they're a little smoother than the competition, they're still pretty choppy and wavery. The colors are also noticeably washed out on some. Also, IMO, the word 'respectable' can be used to describe the video quality of most of the high end phones on the market today including the EVO.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  11. #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Like I said earlier, I'm not talking quality, just what can be done. I have no desire to video chat anyway. And yes I've read that qik is pretty buggy, however it seems to work well for some. The quirks will undoubtedly be worked out and I'm sure we'll see other apps soon. Fring is an alternative BTW.





    Hmmm you gave me the impression your company wasn't heavy into Android at all before. Now they want to buy 10,000 devices? What percentage of those are going to be Android? Anyway we're straying way off topic here.

    I'll just add that Froyo promises better enterprise support out of the box and it's nice to see your company is hopping on the Android bandwagon .
    Ok, I will play for a few more minutes. We can't do a large rollout because the email capabilities of android are very weak. My point being that a third party solution is no option for an enterprise rollout. I have tested Froyo, it still doesn't work with our self signed certificate.

    We are far from jumping on the android bandwagon. We get very few requests for it anyway.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    I don't see your point. If I shoot video with my Droid, I can upload them to my PC and add music and whatnot. It has nothing to do with the fact that I don't do it on Droid. It's just a feature that's not important to me at all.



    I've seen several videos of the iPhone's quality and even though they're a little smoother than the competition, they're still pretty choppy and wavery. The colors are also noticeably washed out on some. Also, IMO, the word 'respectable' can be used to describe the video quality of most of the high end phones on the market today including the EVO.
    Why send email from your phone, when you can just do it from your computer?

    Again, why don't you try an iPhone yourself before passing judgement. Go to any apple store and shoot some video. You will see it's neither "choppy or wavery (huh?).
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Ok, I will play for a few more minutes. We can't do a large rollout because the email capabilities of android are very weak. My point being that a third party solution is no option for an enterprise rollout. I have tested Froyo, it still doesn't work with our self signed certificate.

    We are far from jumping on the android bandwagon. We get very few requests for it anyway.
    Man, you are alllll over the place. I'm not sure what to believe.

    Can't get Froyo to work??? Maybe it's time for some new talent at your company
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Why send email from your phone, when you can just do it from your computer?
    No it's more like:

    Why edit on your phone when you can just do it from your computer.

    Again, why don't you try an iPhone yourself before passing judgement. Go to any apple store and shoot some video. You will see it's neither "choppy or wavery (huh?).
    I will eventually, when I have lots of free time. But with every ifanboy site / forum posting videos upon videos, there's really no need to right now. And I've seen the 'jello' in every one of them when there is more movement.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Man, you are alllll over the place. I'm not sure what to believe.

    Can't get Froyo to work??? Maybe it's time for some new talent at your company
    Wow. Do you know what a self signed certificate is?do you know anything about Exchange active sync? Becareful what you talk about when you clearly have no knowledge of the subject. You come off sounding like a fool.
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    No it's more like:

    Why edit on your phone when you can just do it from your computer.
    Come on, man....amateur-edited video of people/things in the wild scored by whatever MP3s happen to be on your device simply cannot wait until you get home.

    I am so glad Apple solved this nigh-intractable problem that plagued smartphone owners for so long.
  17. #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Wow. Do you know what a self signed certificate is?do you know anything about Exchange active sync? Becareful what you talk about when you clearly have no knowledge of the subject. You come off sounding like a fool.
    Hey you're the one who has issues getting Android to work with your servers (or so you claim) when others around the web have no issues with self signed certs or active sync. As for my knowledge, well you can't possibly know what I know over a forum so I won't even bother replying to that.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Come on, man....amateur-edited video of people/things in the wild scored by whatever MP3s happen to be on your device simply cannot wait until you get home.

    I am so glad Apple solved this nigh-intractable problem that plagued smartphone owners for so long.
    I guess your a pre user. Your right. Video and video editing are useless on that device.
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Hey you're the one who has issues getting Android to work with your servers (or so you claim) when others around the web have no issues with self signed certs or active sync. As for my knowledge, well you can't possibly know what I know over a forum so I won't even bother replying to that.
    Oh yeah? You seem to have a lot of hands on experience with this ( just like the EVO and the iPhone). Clearly you have no idea what your talking about and little to no knowledge of the subject manner. There are tons of posts, blogs, messages from google about the enterprise shortcomings of android email. At this time google has no solution for this issue. We were told first hand from google engineers. Go ahead and do a little looking around and maybe you will learn a thing or two. Or just maybe you shouldn't get into a discussion about a matter you know nothing about. By the way, the iPhone loads our certificate just fine.
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Oh yeah? You seem to have a lot of hands on experience with this ( just like the EVO and the iPhone). Clearly you have no idea what your talking about and little to no knowledge of the subject manner. There are tons of posts, blogs, messages from google about the enterprise shortcomings of android email. At this time google has no solution for this issue. We were told first hand from google engineers. Go ahead and do a little looking around and maybe you will learn a thing or two. Or just maybe you shouldn't get into a discussion about a matter you know nothing about. By the way, the iPhone loads our certificate just fine.
    Everything you write about is extremely vague and contradictory so it's hard to know for sure what you're talking about. Supposedly Android doesn't work but yet you have an EVO, Incredible, Droid and Hero all for support. So that alone tells me it is working or you're just full of it. Simple question. If Android isn't working, why the need to support it? Are these people using multiple phones? One for Android and another for email? Doubt it.

    Also you haven't given any details about your Active Sync setup so discussing that with you is impossible. Yes there are problems with default mail client but it's not impossible to get it working:
    A quick look at Android 2.1's Exchange support | Brightpoint GB Blog

    That was just one tiny example I've found when googling the issue so it is possible and does work. I've googled and found many other links to workarounds that have gotten it to work in different situations with signed certs (even third party).

    So please, elaborate a little on your setup and educate me since you seem to know so much.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions