Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 159
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Hmm.... Really?







    Soo....that Galaxy, EVO, and Droid X couldn't do that either eh?
    Actually, no.
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Wow. Mikah, I just gave you some examples of things I can do on the iPhone4 that I cannot do on any other phone. Ofcourse instead of refuting anything I say, you choose to attack. Anybody that knows your history here will recognize your pattern (you are the thread killer). Your posts are amusing to me.
    Saying I like reading about your love affair with Apple in a non-sarcastic way is an attack? Uh...ok. Let me "go in for the kill", then.

    I really do like reading your posts in this forum. You are a superfan for all things Apple the way many here are for Palm. It's great counterbalance because both you and Palm superfans act like mirrors for each other. Personally, you seem fine to me, too.

    Hopefully, that was the kind of savage personal attack you have come to expect from me. Next time...uh....I go for blood?
  3. #103  
    Oh...in all seriousness, tho, almost every flagship device has things you can't do on another. As long as you find the one suited to you, it's all good. The iPhone is the perfect device for you, so I take anything you say about other devices and OSes with that in mind.

    That's nothing bad or personal. I wouldn't take a vegan's word on where to find a really great steakhouse either.
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Saying I like reading about your love affair with Apple in a non-sarcastic way is an attack? Uh...ok. Let me "go in for the kill", then.

    I really do like reading your posts in this forum. You are a superfan for all things Apple the way many here are for Palm. It's great counterbalance because both you and Palm superfans act like mirrors for each other. Personally, you seem fine to me, too.

    Hopefully, that was the kind of savage personal attack you have come to expect from me. Next time...uh....I go for blood?
    Well that added a lot to the topic. Thanks for posting.
  5. #105  
    I'll take WebOS over CrApple any day. Even if the Pre has "problems". Also, no itOOlunes to deal with too.
  6. #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I have an EVO. The video chat quality is awful so far. Also, the 720p video ( and picture quality) is poor compared to the new iPhone. My EVO might not loose any reception when holding it, but it's screen is peeling off. Still waiting on htc to fix that with a software update. If you want an android device, get a nexus 1.

    Considering your obvious bias, I have no choice but to take everything you say with a grain of salt. So forgive me when I ask: can you post a pic of your EVO screen peeling?

    In any case, you didn't refute anything I said, nor did you prove the EVO can't do any of what you claimed the iPhone alone can do.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  7. #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Well that added a lot to the topic. Thanks for posting.
    You seem really sensitive today. Everything ok?
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Considering your obvious bias, I have no choice but to take everything you say with a grain of salt. So forgive me when I ask: can you post a pic of your EVO screen peeling?

    In any case, you didn't refute anything I said, nor did you prove the EVO can't do any of what you claimed the iPhone alone can do.
    Considering your obvious bias, I have no desire or no need to offer you any proof to my EVO screen issue at all. Believe me or not, I don't care.

    If you don't believe me about the EVO video chat, I invite you to search the net for hands on reports. Should be plenty. Even if the quality was good (which it isn't), the biggest advantage to FaceTime is no need to sign in, or launch an extra app. Integrated right into the OS.

    Taking video and pictures on the EVO is extremely disappointing. Again, there are plenty of direct comparison between the new iPhone and EVO on the net. Google it. To sum up, there is nothing on Android even close to iMovie for video editing, and no video chat experience that yet matches FaceTime.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Considering your obvious bias, I have no desire or no need to offer you any proof to my EVO screen issue at all. Believe me or not, I don't care.

    If you don't believe me about the EVO video chat, I invite you to search the net for hands on reports. Should be plenty. Even if the quality was good (which it isn't), the biggest advantage to FaceTime is no need to sign in, or launch an extra app. Integrated right into the OS.

    Taking video and pictures on the EVO is extremely disappointing. Again, there are plenty of direct comparison between the new iPhone and EVO on the net. Google it. To sum up, there is nothing on Android even close to iMovie for video editing, and no video chat experience that yet matches FaceTime.
    Oh I kinda expected your response regarding proof of your Evo peeling. Who knows if you actually have an EVO. I guess you gave up the Incredible?

    Anyway my original point wasn't to discuss which is better. Just the fact that the EVO is capable of doing what you claim no other phone except the iPhone could. Not sure why you chose to deflect. Quality is another subject altogether and one I certainly won't discuss with you because of your predictable answers.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Considering your obvious bias, I have no desire or no need to offer you any proof to my EVO screen issue at all. Believe me or not, I don't care.

    If you don't believe me about the EVO video chat, I invite you to search the net for hands on reports. Should be plenty. Even if the quality was good (which it isn't), the biggest advantage to FaceTime is no need to sign in, or launch an extra app. Integrated right into the OS.
    Actually, I consider that a HUGE disadvantage because I don't want a video chat app locked to the hardware I use. My parents aren't buying iPhone 4s or any other smartphone. So it would make the feature useless for me. I want to chat via Skype so they can videochat with us on their aging PC and Webcam using equipment they already know. They aren't leaving Verizon and embracing the Apple experience any time soon.

    No one I would want to video chat with has any Apple equipment whatsoever.

    Taking video and pictures on the EVO is extremely disappointing. Again, there are plenty of direct comparison between the new iPhone and EVO on the net. Google it. To sum up, there is nothing on Android even close to iMovie for video editing, and no video chat experience that yet matches FaceTime.
    Again, this seems bizarre to cite as an advantage. Why would one want to edit video on a 3.5-inch screen? Aside from trimming a segment here or there from the beginning or end of the video, I've almost never used video editing on my Pre or wanted to. It's cell phone video.
  11. #111  
    I was thinking editing would be a big help for keeping storage space freed up.
    I know when we shoot, a lot is useless, and some is really worth saving. So, I could see on the go editing being a really good feature.
  12. #112  
    Not to mention not being able to show that video on your tv via HDMI because CrApple wants you to buy another over priced proprietary TV out cable which won't work on the next firm update because they need to sucker you into buying another one on the next gen phone.
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Oh I kinda expected your response regarding proof of your Evo peeling. Who knows if you actually have an EVO. I guess you gave up the Incredible?

    Anyway my original point wasn't to discuss which is better. Just the fact that the EVO is capable of doing what you claim no other phone except the iPhone could. Not sure why you chose to deflect. Quality is another subject altogether and one I certainly won't discuss with you because of your predictable answers.
    Nope. Still have the incredible, droid, blackberry bold, blackberry 9700, nexus 1, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, storm, storm 2, pre, pre plus, evo.

    Hopefully getting a droid x, and galaxy over the next few weeks. I do mobile support for my company. This includes cell phones, laptops, VPN acces, etc. One of the perks of my job is I get a lot of different devices to play with. My company has mostly been a Blackberry shop, but we have recently begun an iPhone pilot that has grown from a few hundred devices to many thousands. We have been looking at Android for awhile now, but the email and security capabilities are weak.

    You keep bringing up the EVO....do you have one? Have you done any type of comparison to the iPhone? What video editing program do you use on your EVO? How is your enterprise email experience been on android? I can tell you it's been very poor on mine.
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I was thinking editing would be a big help for keeping storage space freed up.
    I know when we shoot, a lot is useless, and some is really worth saving. So, I could see on the go editing being a really good feature.
    This reasoning is why I shoot in small bursts. Delete the clips you don't need as you go.

    Well, that and the fact that the longer you shoot on Pre, the more likely it is your recording will be full of glitches and freezes.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Actually, I consider that a HUGE disadvantage because I don't want a video chat app locked to the hardware I use. My parents aren't buying iPhone 4s or any other smartphone. So it would make the feature useless for me. I want to chat via Skype so they can videochat with us on their aging PC and Webcam using equipment they already know. They aren't leaving Verizon and embracing the Apple experience any time soon.

    No one I would want to video chat with has any Apple equipment whatsoever.



    Again, this seems bizarre to cite as an advantage. Why would one want to edit video on a 3.5-inch screen? Aside from trimming a segment here or there from the beginning or end of the video, I've almost never used video editing on my Pre or wanted to. It's cell phone video.
    Ofcourse you would say that about video editing, because you device can't. Go to the apple site and take a look at iMovie for the iPhone. It's very impressive. I shot and edited (and then emailed out) a whole movie at the beach yesterday. Very slick and a kind of amazing experience. I don't expect you to agree because you have an agenda.

    What device are you using to do Skype video calls? The front camera on the new iPhone is open to developers. What makes you think fring, Skype, and others aren't working on it now?
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    This reasoning is why I shoot in small bursts. Delete the clips you don't need as you go.

    Well, that and the fact that the longer you shoot on Pre, the more likely it is your recording will be full of glitches and freezes.
    You have no desire to splice those little clips together, add some transitions, and background music? I do.
  17. #117  
  18. #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Ofcourse you would say that about video editing, because you device can't. Go to the apple site and take a look at iMovie for the iPhone. It's very impressive. I shot and edited (and then emailed out) a whole movie at the beach yesterday. Very slick and a kind of amazing experience. I don't expect you to agree because you have an agenda.
    Agenda? Hahahaha! I don't want to edit cell phone video on any device. I have Premiere on my home PC and a 22-inch monitor. If I had to edit video on the go, I'd take my HP Mini 311 with a 12-inch screen. Video editing benefits from screen real estate. The more, the better. There is nothing that would compel me to edit a video with any software suite on a cell phone. Nothing. I'm a semi-professional musician. Same goes for that.


    What device are you using to do Skype video calls? The front camera on the new iPhone is open to developers. What makes you think fring, Skype, and others aren't working on it now?
    Until that changes, it's useless. The Galaxy S does it now with great quality comparable to iPhone 4, and goes with several apps including ones that goes to my parent's PC now (The HP already does too). If I were to get a phone for video chat, that would be it.
  19. #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Nope. Still have the incredible, droid, blackberry bold, blackberry 9700, nexus 1, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, storm, storm 2, pre, pre plus, evo.

    Hopefully getting a droid x, and galaxy over the next few weeks. I do mobile support for my company. This includes cell phones, laptops, VPN acces, etc. One of the perks of my job is I get a lot of different devices to play with. My company has mostly been a Blackberry shop, but we have recently begun an iPhone pilot that has grown from a few hundred devices to many thousands. We have been looking at Android for awhile now, but the email and security capabilities are weak.
    LOL, you said this the last time, it's like you just cut and pasted it. Anyway why have an EVO, droid and incredible when they all run the same version of Android? Same with the Pre, why do you have to have a Pre Plus?

    You keep bringing up the EVO....do you have one? Have you done any type of comparison to the iPhone? What video editing program do you use on your EVO? How is your enterprise email experience been on android? I can tell you it's been very poor on mine.
    I brought up the EVO because it's the only Android phone with a ff camera. Why do I need to compare it to the iPhone? Qik lets you chat and edit video on the EVO. And I don't need to have one to know that.

    Since I use Touchdown, my email experience has been excellent so far. Nothing to complain about. Not sure why that came up in this convo, but whatever.
    Last edited by darreno1; 06/27/2010 at 09:10 PM.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    You have no desire to splice those little clips together, add some transitions, and background music? I do.
    No. My parents want to see my son feeding duckies and saying cute things. They don't want to see screen dissolves set to Dido. I'm showcasing my son, not making an Apple commercial.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions