Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 159
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Yes, we know Apple is always perfect for you.


    Apple's underwhelming response. Supposedly Steve Jobs real response.

    Apple responds over iPhone 4 reception issues: you're holding the phone the wrong way -- Engadget
    OMFG!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Good 'ol Steve
    Gripping any mobile phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases.
    LMAOROTFL!!!

    So...crApples R&D Fubar'd the design, users are having issues.....AND APPLE BLAMES THE USERS!!




    Oh wait...there is no issue, the iPhone4 is perfect...
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Yes, we know Apple is always perfect for you.


    Apple's underwhelming response. Supposedly Steve Jobs real response.

    Apple responds over iPhone 4 reception issues: you're holding the phone the wrong way -- Engadget
    Ah Diva, your at it again. I guess you want me to make something up then to make you feel better. Ok, I wish it was available in blue. Satisfied now? Sorry, my iPhone is working perfectly, and that doesn't fit in with your agenda.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Yes, we know Apple is always perfect for you.


    Apple's underwhelming response. Supposedly Steve Jobs real response.

    Apple responds over iPhone 4 reception issues: you're holding the phone the wrong way -- Engadget
    LOL, well it's certainly worse than the "well if you can't find drivers for your hp all-in-one, ask hp to develop them" response I've gotten from their tech support once.
    Sony Clie --> Tungsten t2 --> iPhone3g --> Palm Pre --> Droid
  4. #24  
    No reception issues here with 3 iphone 4's. Two got bumpers anyways. I'm not exactly searching for videos on how to duplicate dropped calls though. Ignorance is bliss.

    Screen is amazing. 3G speed has increased especially uploading..averaging 3.5mpbs download, 1.3 upload. Facetime works great. Camera is very good and quick.

    This is a killer phone.
  5. Balzak's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    I guess we'll find out soon enough how widespread it is. Between these issues and AT&T's overly-fraught network, this could get nasty. And while I feel for the people gypped out of enjoying their cool new toy, I still might giggle.

    . . . a little.
    Me too. A lot of new users are going to get sticker shock with the new ATT data plans. How could you not video conference and over use the web with a cool new phone?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    No reception issues here with 3 iphone 4's. Two got bumpers anyways. I'm not exactly searching for videos on how to duplicate dropped calls though. Ignorance is bliss.

    Screen is amazing. 3G speed has increased especially uploading..averaging 3.5mpbs download, 1.3 upload. Facetime works great. Camera is very good and quick.

    This is a killer phone.
    You better find something wrong with it quickly, or the Phone Diva will start complaining.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    OMFG!!



    LMAOROTFL!!!

    So...crApples R&D Fubar'd the design, users are having issues.....AND APPLE BLAMES THE USERS!!

    Oh wait...there is no issue, the iPhone4 is perfect...
    Maybe Apple's beta testers should have spent more time using the phone, and less time drinking & dropping their phones in bars. ;-)
  8. #28  
    I'm not sure it was a good idea to make the back all glass. People do drop phones unintentionally.

    FUUUUUU Gizmodo's First Accidentally Dropped iPhone

    I think I may just get a 3GS off Craig's if I decide to get another iPhone.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. #29  
    I got the 4, I have on office on the edge of service/Roam, and it wouldn't work. Repair Center denied any problem, so I jumpted to ATT.
    Retentions decided to send me new Pre if I would stay along with a temp line to test.

    First, my new Pre worked great but wanted to see the Iphone 4.

    Got my Iphone on Wed, had fits activating. Then found the salesman "mislead" me on my programs, needed to spend more money to kinda get close to my Sprint programs. Thinking on this, was really getting unexcited about unlimited calling, data, paying for Navigation then using data so I could pay even more, eliminted MHS, eliminated any streaming.

    Finally I looked at the bar situation - holding my new phone normally, I went from 5 bars to 2, -3. My problem area starts at 3, so think what the results are!! So for the extra $1000 a year cost with so many restrictions, no brainer.

    Going back today, love my Pre and realized after playing with the Iphone, its no cooler, definitely not easier to use, and I don't want it.

    However, I can understand why the masses love it, a lot of our Pre's are based on it and for that reason, should be happy for their users.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Apple responds over iPhone 4 reception issues: you're holding the phone the wrong way
    LMAO, Ur Doing it Wrong. Fail.
  11. #31  
    I'll say the same thing I did when reports of Evo screen issues came in: I think there is a LOT of pent up frustration from Pre owners at seeing iPhone and Android sail in popularity over the "superior" WebOS, and some are taking a bit too much glee in seeing these users "suffer".

    Call it jealousy. Hating. Whatever. It's offputting. I enjoy my Pre, even with all its issues. It's still the best device for me at the moment. But that's true whether iPhone 4 has a flawless launch where it sells 2 million the first day and is lauded as the best phone ever or if they run into issues that are unfortunate for the people who stood in line for hours only to drop money on a wonky phone. Lots of Pre owners go through the same with numerous refurbs. It sucks, and it's not something I take pleasure in other people having to go through.
  12.    #32  
    I do actually feel for the people that thought they were getting a sweet new toy only to find they've gotten an upright-only, sinistrophobic phone.

    I don't feel for the unapologetic f.a.n.b.o.y.s and Apple the company, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I'll say the same thing I did when reports of Evo screen issues came in: I think there is a LOT of pent up frustration from Pre owners at seeing iPhone and Android sail in popularity over the "superior" WebOS, and some are taking a bit too much glee in seeing these users "suffer".

    Call it jealousy. Hating. Whatever. It's offputting. I enjoy my Pre, even with all its issues. It's still the best device for me at the moment. But that's true whether iPhone 4 has a flawless launch where it sells 2 million the first day and is lauded as the best phone ever or if they run into issues that are unfortunate for the people who stood in line for hours only to drop money on a wonky phone. Lots of Pre owners go through the same with numerous refurbs. It sucks, and it's not something I take pleasure in other people having to go through.
  13. #33  
    The "air of Apple superiority" does them no favors, and it's also very offputting. I was on another message board today where some guys were talking about their new iPhone 4. One remarked that Facetime only works on iPhone 4's, and the other said "Is there any reason to own any other smartphone?"

    Ugh.
  14. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I think there is a LOT of pent up frustration from Pre owners at seeing iPhone and Android sail in popularity over the "superior" WebOS, and some are taking a bit too much glee in seeing these users "suffer".
    I think this could be a good lesson for those who are open minded enough to see whats happening. People blame the failure of the Pre on hardware, hardware, hardware and that is the reason for the weak sales. The conspiracy theory is that Hardware issues were talked about too much on boards, it spread to the media and suddenly the world stopped wanting a Pre.

    But here we are with the iPhone 4 and their initial hardware problems. People are talking, meme's are created, it's hit the media and... people still wait 8hrs in line to buy one. The more bitter of the Pre-defenders will claim these are lemmings or brainwashed consumers. But the truth of it is more simple than that. People don't look for "perfection" in their products because "good enough" is good enough IF they believe in the company that makes it. These arent "stupid consumers", these are people who know what they want and accept the problems that come with it.

    Back to Palm, maybe Palm would have been better to just release ANYTHING instead of sitting on their hands all this time because every day they fail to deliver they lose the faith of their faithful.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    The conspiracy theory is that Hardware issues were talked about too much on boards, it spread to the media and suddenly the world stopped wanting a Pre.
    The world never started to want the Pre. There was no sudden stop.
  16. #36  
    I never had an issue with my Pre (launch day), and still don't. A friend of mines was going to get the iPhone4 but then decided not to when all the reports come up, and just decided to put iOS4 on his 3gs, which apparently works wonderful for him. Now his new concern is that by having iOS4 installed on his 3gs, Apple will lock up his phone for being "jailbroken".

    Nakodari reports an Apple Employee called "Alpha" who claims that Apple is using FaceTime to steal user information, and wrote:

    I will let you off with one last bit of information if your gonna write a story on this and that is Facetime, the iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 Wifi video connecting. The issue is with Wifi is that anyone can get on a Wifi Signal and potentially see what the viewers and broadcasters are looking at without them know, now Apple will deny this and say its not our problem you where not on a secure connection, in my mind I think that its all bull****.

    People should be able to have some type of security during those calls. Worst yet is once a person connects to another person on FaceTime it for some reason non of us in the office can figure out, sends us APPLE a message and says those two people are connecting via Facetime and gives out their location to us. So for whatever reason we need that information just blows my mind. As a consumer why would you need to let Apple know that you are connecting with a person via FaceTime, its non of Apple's business.
    Apple's privacy problem doesn't stop there. The iPhone 4 maker can also know if their users have jailbroken their iPhone to escape AT&T. The iPhone 4 system sends what are called "Over The Air" (OTA) updates to Apple every 7 to 14 days.

    ..........your only option is to "Accept" Now you can try to work your way around it until you get the second mandatory message again "You must plug iPhone into iTunes and update" If you don't do this you will then receive no Signal from the network anymore and your iPhone will potentially lock up with no signs of use until you update your iPhone via iTunes. You all agreed to this terms and condition when you installed iTunes 9.2 and then again once you updated to iOS4.
    Read more: City Brights: Zennie Abraham : iPhone 4 problems: FaceTime privacy and "sexviding" are new issues


    So... if this is really true, god bless all those new iPhone owners...

    Last edited by Mr Roman; 06/25/2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: steve jobs made me do it
  17. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    The world never started to want the Pre. There was no sudden stop.
    I disagree. Look at all the media buzz surrounding the Pre post CES announcement (FEB2009). Considering how much Palm fell out of the game, they were always a recognizable brand that people were curious in. Palm had everything going for them but the reason they failed is because once their product got launched then they simply had no focus. Instead of optimizing a disappointingly sluggish system or announcing plans for competitive new hardware then the only news stories about them were based on the pointless iTunes-Sync battle. So both fans and non-fans simply got sick of Palm.

    Imagine if Palm was quicker to address the major issues with the Pre and where would they be? IF they were able to optimize the OS... IF they were able to recognize the hardware issues... IF they released a slab instead of the Pixi... then I truly believe that Palm would be in a healthy battle with Android and iPhone DESPITE it's flaws because People are willing to settle with product flaws IF they believe in the company. But here we are a year later and Palm has given zero incentive for current users to stay or non-users to switch. So in terms of mindshare then Palm has given no reason for anyone to believe in them (except the few current users who are incapable of having an objective discussion because every response ends with a bitter slam against iOS/Android in attempt to lower the bar for WebOS expectations)
    Last edited by Urkel; 06/25/2010 at 12:48 PM.
  18. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #38  
    Its not the hardware issue I find the problem with - just about every phone has at least a batch or two that aren't up to "spec". But Apple's response is pretty ridiculous - "hold it a different way"!! What an arrogant "the customer is the enemy" attitude.

    I can't say I'm an Apple fan but I expected better from them, even if the issue does end up being limited to a few first run devices - they usually take good care of their customers.
  19. #39  
    ..
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Its not the hardware issue I find the problem with - just about every phone has at least a batch or two that aren't up to "spec". But Apple's response is pretty ridiculous - "hold it a different way"!! What an arrogant "the customer is the enemy" attitude.

    I can't say I'm an Apple fan but I expected better from them, even if the issue does end up being limited to a few first run devices - they usually take good care of their customers.
    I agree that Apple isn't handling it great at all.

    But really, that response "hold it different" is the hard truth. There's nothing to be done besides that or get a case...if you're having issues. Of course, there's always the choice of going with another device. Or apple sending out a mysterious software "fix"

    I didn't have such a clear cut solution when i was having reception problems with the Pre. Wish it was as simple as how i held the phone or throwing a bumper on.

    Or how muffled people sounded on the Pre. Don't hold it pressed against your face.. Your using it wrong..covers up the mic.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions