Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Not sure what exactly in the quote(s) that you are referring to, but all said is truth. Thirty days is not always enough; a lot of the problems that I've had in the previous months didn't surface until after the thirty days.

So again, where do I not speak the truth? And a quick by the way, there is a distinct difference between bashing and expressing your difference of opinion in frustration. I'm not here to persuade others into a platform of my choosing, I'm here to dispute things that I see as incorrect or just absurd.

And if you read what I just most recently said in FULL, you'll see that I noted the Evo as being a loaner.
    so your here to correct people and point how absurdities of webos? Sounds a lot like bashing to me... I mean, you said your using the EVO now regardless of it being a loaner or not..., your not exactly stuck with the pre are you?

I visit the forum religiously everyday (no idea why truthfully) and I see more people ignoring the faults of the Pre when they're brought to the table than those actually admitting to them. But that's beside the point ..
    You don't know why you visit a site for a device you are disappointed in and "frustrated" with although you admit you don't have to use the device? You want to correct people who are happy with their pre and can deal with or ignore the faults, just to point out their absurdities? Are you just opposed to people being happy with their device, because you couldn't find that happiness with the same device?

The Hero, I chalk up the terrible performance to 1.5. I have a Hero lying around that I have the leaked Sprint 2.1 ROM running on, and needless to say the difference between 1.5 and 2.1 Android is night and day. The thing is lightening fast.
    Here is where you say, you have a hero lying around as well. Since you can easily switch devices with sprint.com, I still don't get your "locked" into a contract argument. You bought the Pre, had 30 days to decide and since newer stuff has come out (stuff you say you have) you are complaining about the contract you signed and the device you seem to not have to use at all if you don't want to. Your here bashing it, why?

If your not happy with it, and you have newer hardware to use... what "frustration" can you possibly still hold? So in your mind you made a mistake, happens to a lot of people with a lot of things, now you are here.... but your not here to bash it?

I think your here to bash it to try and justify why you bought it in the first place.... You wont find a better answer then stupidity. If the device doesn't do everything you want and you cant tell that within 30 days.... well...... sounds like sour grapes to me...

***makes perfect sense, you have a hero lying around for development purposes and you put leaked roms on it, but you can't activate it?? I am sure most developers use unofficial hacked roms to develop on. I mean, why use official stuff that wont have code that may change, or betas right from the manufacture, when you can use unofficial stuff that you may have to rewrite stuff for at the last minute, when the official stuff hits....***

your right about the jacking, sorry OP..
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 06/25/2010 at 02:36 AM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    so your here to correct people and point how absurdities of webos? Sounds alot like bashing to me...

You don't know why you visit a site for a device you are disappointed in and "frustrated" with although you admit you don't have to use the device? You want to correct people who are happy with their pre and ignore the faults, to point out their absurdities? Are you just opposed to people being happy with their device, because you couldn't find that happiness?

Here is where you say, you have a hero lying around as well. Since you can easily switch devices with sprint.com, I still don't get your "locked" into a contract argument. You bought the Pre, had 30 days to decide and since newer stuff has come out (stuff you say you own) your complaining about the contract you signed and the device you seem to not have to use at all if you don't want to. Your here bashing it, why?

If your not happy with it, and you have newer hardware to use... what "frustration" can you possibly still hold?
    Because the Pre is my personal phone. Did it ever occur to you that just maybe I might be a mobile developer and have a lot of phones at my disposal to play with? These aren't phones that I can call my own or throw onto my own personal Sprint account.

I'm not going to continue this argument of me vs. you vs. anyone else. This thread has been hijacked, if you want to add anything else then have it be a contribution to the topic at hand.
    I just had a play with an iPhone 4 a colleague just got. It is as narrow as a Pre, but thinner and longer. Proportions look a bit weird to me. It also feels very boxy in the hand with rather sharp edges. Pre feels a lot nicer in the hand. The 3GS form factor was definitely better in my opinion.

The screen looks great, although the difference to my Pre isn't so huge that I feel I need it. The UI is extremely snappy, just awesome. So are the buttons, I'd love to have such a power button on the Pre! Front facing camera, nice, but I don't need it.

Multitasking works nice, but no 'long' gesture to swipe to move to the next app. A thing that I use a lot. On the iPhone you have to push a button twice and then select an icon. Three taps versus 1 swipe...

Things I'd sorely miss on that phone: hardware keyboard and LED notifications.

My verdict: awesome hardware quality, super snappy UI, but overall I'm not blown away by it.
    If, for the Pre 2, Palm keeps the Pre form factor with iPhone hardware quality, upps the performance and manages to get a few more good apps in the catalogue, I'm a happy camper!
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    It also feels very boxy in the hand with rather sharp edges. Pre feels a lot nicer in the hand.
    I was wondering that, as I felt it looked to flat on the edges and would be awkward,no contours to feel comfy when holding it. I'll get to try one when one of the isheep I know buys one.
    I fully agree that the best thing about the Pre, in my opinion, is the form factor. It just feels very natural in the hand and easy to hold. The iPhone does take getting used to to hold, and there is no way to easily "cradle" it in your neck, for a sec when you need both hands. (In fact, every drop I have had is when I tried to do that.)

I'd prefer a larger screen, and I don't know if that would interfere with the feel much but there is no question IMO, the size and shape is the Pre's biggest win, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    HI all,

You are missing a point about the batteries. A removable battery can be replaced by the consumer, when it dies. So far, my Centro which is 21 months old has it's 1st battery. However, my Treo 650 needed it's battery replaced.

That is something one can do oneself, on a Palm and not on an Apple. To me that is a bug deal!

Take care, Jay
    So you're saying that your deal-breaker with an iPhone is your requirement to be able to replace the phone's battery yourself every 5 or six years? Do you really keep using a 6-year-old phone?

Hi all,
    here are 5 more reasons,
    take care, Jay
    That's pretty funny. Your list of iPhone's shortcomings reads like a list of Pre shortcomings (including the Verizon one given the slow sales and inoperative GPS issues there). Were you just pointlessly piling on in this thread or were you simply exhibiting your unsupportable zealotry for the Pre?
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    So you're saying that your deal-breaker with an iPhone is your requirement to be able to replace the phone's battery yourself every 5 or six years? Do you really keep using a 6-year-old phone?

That's pretty funny. Your list of iPhone's shortcomings reads like a list of Pre shortcomings (including the Verizon one given the slow sales and inoperative GPS issues there). Were you just pointlessly piling on in this thread or were you simply exhibiting your unsupportable zealotry for the Pre?
    Hi, I actually had to replace a battery for one of my Treo's, in under one year! I also will not own a smart phone without a keyboard. I also dislike the way, Apple crams it's way down their customer's throats, they are very arrogant! Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi, I actually had to replace a battery for one of my Treo's, in under one year! I also will not own a smart phone without a keyboard. I also dislike the way, Apple crams it's way down their customer's throats, they are very arrogant! Take care, Jay
    So your dislike of the iPhone is based on a malfunctioning Treo battery, personal taste regarding hardware keyboards, and the perception that a company seems arrogant. Now I'm convinced, more than ever, of the inferiority of the iPhone.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    So your dislike of the iPhone is based on a malfunctioning Treo battery, personal taste regarding hardware keyboards, and the perception that a company seems arrogant. Now I'm convinced, more than ever, of the inferiority of the iPhone.
    Good day,

I believe I stated earlier, that I only want a phone with a keyboard 7 a replaceable battery. BTW, I have a friend who also had to have a battery changed in less than a year. However his was an Iphone, so his battery change was much harder to deal with then mine.

Unfortunately, batteries die, sometimes sooner than they should. I do not like the entire concept of having to go thru a headache b/c your battery died. I also have found that Apple unlike many firms seems to tell is customer base how it is going to be, instead of the other way around! (ie: usb ports, memory upgrade battery change or additional battery, etc.).

take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Good day,

I believe I stated earlier, that I only want a phone with a keyboard 7 a replaceable battery. BTW, I have a friend who also had to have a battery changed in less than a year. However his was an Iphone, so his battery change was much harder to deal with then mine.

Unfortunately, batteries die, sometimes sooner than they should. I do not like the entire concept of having to go thru a headache b/c your battery died. I also have found that Apple unlike many firms seems to tell is customer base how it is going to be, instead of the other way around! (ie: usb ports, memory upgrade battery change or additional battery, etc.).

take care, Jay
    When your battery dies on an iPhone it's less of a hassle than a battery dying on any other device as you don't have to worry about it –*you simply take it into an Apple store (or authorized retailer), and get a brand new iPhone on the spot fully restored to the exact state of the old phone you gave them. Can't beat that.
    Pre doesn't need to beat the iPhone in any way, because it beats it in the most important way: it can make phone calls.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/26/i...%28Engadget%29
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  12.    #52  
    When your battery dies on an iPhone it's less of a hassle than a battery dying on any other device as you don't have to worry about it –*you simply take it into an Apple store (or authorized retailer), and get a brand new iPhone on the spot fully restored to the exact state of the old phone you gave them. Can't beat that.
    hi, I no longer live in NYC, so that will be at least a 50 mile round trip for an authorized dealer, (add the price of gas, wear and tear to car and my time)...when I can change a battery myself...on a Palm....besides....webOS encourages customization...on Apple you would have to jail break the phone....Apple makes you type on a piece of glass...Palm allows you to type on a keyboard......
    Graham Hancock – Podcasting, Filmmaking, and New Media » Blog Archive » Seeing is believing: iPhone 4 vs. EVO 4G

The camera on the iPhone is just SICK. It puts the Evo to shame in this side-by-side HD video comparison.
    Now i have seen it all. 2 people arguing about a frikkken battery. my goodness. this forum is the suck latley. And to base whether a phone is better then another based on the battery. wow. silliness at is finest. . again wow. and again anyone that compares a year and a half old pre to a brand new Iphone is just not getting real. I have a Pre . There not in the same league.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Now i have seen it all. 2 people arguing about a frikkken battery. my goodness. this forum is the suck latley. And to base whether a phone is better then another based on the battery. wow. silliness at is finest. . again wow. and again anyone that compares a year and a half old pre to a brand new Iphone is just not getting real. I have a Pre . There not in the same league.
    Then to keep things fair, what should we compare to? The mythical C40?
    Graham Hancock – Podcasting, Filmmaking, and New Media » Blog Archive » Seeing is believing: iPhone 4 vs. EVO 4G

The camera on the iPhone is just SICK. It puts the Evo to shame in this side-by-side HD video comparison.
    What really sinks it isn't the camera, but rather the audio, which was also a problem on the HTC Hero. Something about HTC's compression makes all of their phone recordings sound complete and utter crap. The optics seem fine to me otherwise once you set the settings to the max instead of the QVGA default this guy was using.

If camera/video is a big thing and you're on Sprint, better to wait for the Galaxy S. The camera and video on that is easily on par with iPhone 4 if not better on low light conditions. There are samples all over YouTube.
    Last edited by mikah912; 06/27/2010 at 08:22 PM.
    I havent heard this mentioned before so excuse me if it has...

Has it been confirmed that the next WebOS phone...

Is the next gen phone going to be a slider with keyboard or an iphone-like slab?

I think with all the fantastic phones recently and almost all slabs and basically it is now the accepted form factor unlike iPhone was 4 years ago... Rumor is that blackberry is announcing 2 new products and even though the CEO never took slabs as serious devices... I believe they are gonna cave with one.

And I have no doubt that HP Webos phone line up will include a slab... will they go for maximum possible audience and go with a slab next?

hi, I no longer live in NYC, so that will be at least a 50 mile round trip for an authorized dealer, (add the price of gas, wear and tear to car and my time)...when I can change a battery myself...on a Palm....besides....webOS encourages customization...on Apple you would have to jail break the phone....Apple makes you type on a piece of glass...Palm allows you to type on a keyboard......
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123