1.    #1  
    Well I was watching attack of the show today(the show that gave their very first ever 5 star rating for a gadget to the palm pre plus), and one of the hosts, keven p, who has an iphone and takes it out alot during shows, was showin off his iphone with the new update and what he thought about it. First he said, "wow home screen wallpapers! It's so simple too all you do is go to photos and click set as wallpaper! No wonder apple took so long to give this to us, they made it so simple!". Made me laugh. Then he talks about the multitasking. He opens a vuvuzela app, gets out of it and opens another app, then gets out of that app and goes back to the vuvuzela app which reloads from the beginning instead of starting where it left off. He then says, "thanks apple for the crappy multitasking that isn't anywhere close to the palm pre"
    Music to my ears
    Priceless...

Apple iOS4 Overview Review - Apple iOS4 Overview in High Definition – G4tv.com

Thanks for the thumbs up AOTS and by the way...the Apple Koolaid fans are already jumping in saying...those apps just need to be upgraded for full multitasking.

Which means, Apple didn't think of something first (amazing) and those millions of apps developed for the iPhone will (all) have to be updated. Yikes...I'd be ****ed if I was an iPhone developer.

Either way, thanks for the note on the AOTS video. Need to add them to my Podcast Downloads. Sorli...
    Wow, people really are petty when it comes to Apple. I like that developers are being forced to upgrade, why not? Millions of people use the apps and upgrades help customers with issues and helps developers make more money with improved functionality. Not to mention it gets competition rolling something Palm needs to start doing anytime now.
    wow i just watched that and WOW just wow
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Wait a sec... on the new iPhone you can put a picture from your photos up as a wallpaper?!?!?!?!?! That's magical and revolutionary! I'll buy 3.

:\
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Priceless...

Apple iOS4 Overview Review - Apple iOS4 Overview in High Definition – G4tv.com

Thanks for the thumbs up AOTS and by the way...the Apple Koolaid fans are already jumping in saying...those apps just need to be upgraded for full multitasking.

Which means, Apple didn't think of something first (amazing) and those millions of apps developed for the iPhone will (all) have to be updated. Yikes...I'd be ****ed if I was an iPhone developer.

Either way, thanks for the note on the AOTS video. Need to add them to my Podcast Downloads. Sorli...
    Pretty backwards that you have to specifically write an app to continue doing something in the background, eh? Shouldn't the APIs have done that from the start, even with the first iteration not continuing to execute? No rewrite necessary that way.

Seems Apple's OS is a mess.

Not that WebOS is amazing on the API front. Where is our raw socket access???? "The Cloud" is a lot more than AJAX, guys.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    Pretty backwards that you have to specifically write an app to continue doing something in the background, eh? Shouldn't the APIs have done that from the start, even with the first iteration not continuing to execute? No rewrite necessary that way.

Seems Apple's OS is a mess.

Not that WebOS is amazing on the API front. Where is our raw socket access???? "The Cloud" is a lot more than AJAX, guys.
    It's all about Hindsight. Apple started their project in 2006, Palm had a great opportunity to see what they did and capitalize. Not a bad thing at all.

Apple Developers are jumping all over iOS.. I think it's a non-issue