That is a BS horror attention getting headline from CNET. But it seems as though the author edited it.

You're specifically told what apps will access before you download. You have full warning and can decide to do what you want. And some apps can't work without your info or connecting to the internet, so what do you do? Download no apps?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You know a report is good journalism when they have to go back and add things like this:

Updated 10:30 a.m. PDT to change misleading headline and add information throughout stating that users are granting permission to apps when they download them.
    Gotta love media fear-mongering.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    What bothers me is the fact that the article overlooks the fact that many apps, no matter the platform, must use your info to work. Many Apple fans yelling in the thread on CNET that Apple is more secure, but many Apple apps too must have your info to work.

Also, if there are apps secretly dialing calls and SMS, expose them. No app names are given. That part is worrisome, but without more info,I wonder.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    and the report was prepared by a company selling a mobile security solution at $30 a pop....scare even 100K mobile users (across BB, WM, S60, and Android) and you have a handsome $3 million in the bank!