Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Reading the reviews, the new iPhone hardware and software seems amazing. Main thing is the battery life..38hrs..??????!?!

iPhone 4 review -- Engadget
    I couldn't force myself to read that review but I doubt the battery last 38hrs with normal usage espically with that video chat
    It's no doubt that the new iphone and iOS are pretty impressive...
    lol maybe if it was powerd by stem cells.
    Its a nice phone but I cant stand the iphone OS. I've tried them all. Webos is the best and it doesnt matter how fast other phones are I doesn't like using them.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Just look at the pic of the screen from the review:

the screen on the galaxy is way better i saw one the other day in display. amazing picture
    Quote Originally Posted by mindonmillions08 View Post
    I couldn't force myself to read that review but I doubt the battery last 38hrs with normal usage espically with that video chat
    Actually, the review cited "normal to heavy" usage.

"In fact, we managed to squeeze more than 38 hours -- yes, 38 hours -- of life out of a single charge using the phone as we normally would. We're talking calls, some gaming, lots of push email and calendar invites, playing music over Bluetooth in the car, and just general testing (like downloading new apps, rearranging icons, tweaking settings). We went from 10:30AM on a Saturday morning till 1:00AM on Monday without needing to charge the phone. "
    I've seen the screen and its like the difference between 720p and 1080p on my tv. I cant see a big difference unless my face is in it. Its definitely more clear when zoomed in like that though. It also looked darker for some reason. Maybe it was my brothers brightness.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post

"In fact, we managed to squeeze more than 38 hours -- yes, 38 hours -- of life out of a single charge using the phone as we normally would. We're talking calls, some gaming, lots of push email and calendar invites, playing music over Bluetooth in the car, and just general testing (like downloading new apps, rearranging icons, tweaking settings). We went from 10:30AM on a Saturday morning till 1:00AM on Monday without needing to charge the phone. "
    Now THAT is doggone impressive!
    Na I'd rather them try and beat the evo. Seems like the evo is the better phone if you ask me. Only thing the iphone has is that fancy named screen.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    i like how somehow they manage to get 38 hours of battery life but on Apple - iPhone 4 - Size, weight, battery life, and other specs
    the only possible way to do so is it you have it and never touch it then you have 300 hours to stare at your iphone
    but with talk, web, games, video, and whatever else the most is 40 hours if your only playing music and not using anything else
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    So, they are somewhere in between using the phone on 3G for 6 hours, and staring at it for 300.
    well palm-HP has a all order to fit in. Hopefully w get few things right, like GUI enhanced UI or better hardware and resolution.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by engadget
    The big question is obviously whether or not this fixes or helps with the constant dropped calls iPhone users on AT&T's network have gotten used to. Well in our testing, we had far, far fewer dropped calls than we experienced on our 3GS.
    "we had far, far fewer dropped calls"?

far fewer?

I don't have dropped calls with my Treo Pro.
    I didn't have them with my q9h.

I wonder why the iPhone keeps having this issue.
    Just call me Berd.
    And no one has talked about the most important thing of all. I wonder why...

So, does Apple pull it off? Can this scarce handful of APIs makeup for true backgrounding? In a word: yep.

Here's the thing -- this may not be "true" multitasking for a lot of us, but it amounts to multitasking for most of us. That is, it looks, feels, and acts like multitasking, so it's pretty tough to complain about it. In fact: we're not going to complain about it, especially given the fact that some of our favorite apps -- the IRC client Colloquy being one of them -- do just about exactly what we need them to do, all according to Apple's rules and regulations.
    AND they also got 38 hrs of use out of the iPhone. Let me see the Palm Pre last even a third of that with your true multi-tasking before you're looking for a power outlet.

But when it comes to the total package -- fit and finish in both software and hardware, performance, app selection, and all of the little details that make a device like this what it is -- we think it's the cream of the current crop.
    That's the way Apple rolls and it's what the majority consumers (not the small minority of geeks) want. Apple caters to the majority of consumers when it comes to the iPhone. So, can someone please tell me how Palm being bought by HP is going to help Palm compete with the iPhone in the consumer space? The above quote does not apply to how HP rolls. I think untidyGuy said it best in another post when he said that WebOS will be used in specialty devices for applications like healthcare, law enforcement, industry, and retail. Which is what HP is decent at, not the consumer world competing against Apple and the iPhone or iPad.
    Last edited by SoFly; 06/22/2010 at 08:41 PM.
    Battery life is impressive...needless to say the size of that battery they snuck in there is also impressive.

We'll now have year of Android phones constantly pushing specs and Windows Mobile stepping up to the plate.

Palm/Hp really has their hands full.

I'm personally still debating galaxy S (for the nicer screen) or the Evo (for the bigger screen)
    Color me impressed. I knew the battery life was going to be great, but I didn't expect it to be this great. I'm currently carrying around the Evo (and have been since Google I/O), while it's a great phone, I'm not sure I can resist the temptation of this iPhone 4. I foresee myself carrying (or at least owning) two devices in the near future. :sigh:
    def looks to be one fantastic phone.

it bodes well for consumers. If apple wasn't putting out top notch stuff, we would have one less device to drive the competition further.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post

Mehhh

I'd take a decent os over battery life any day
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast