Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    so fly... lets... let it go. get back on topic

whats your opinion on this?
    http://www.precentral.net/hp-set-exp...oss-enterprise
    Well, if I were to go by the latest link you posted, I would say nothing because it doesn't work.

But, if I go by the link you provided earlier, I would say that based upon the pic, HP has a lot of Pre's to sell.
    However, I'll take a small side note that it's also against the rules here to publicly criticize the mods. They work for free dude. If you have a complaint about them, take it to them - privately.
    Poor them. If they want, I can make a small donation for their time on here being a moderator. All they have to do is ask.

Furthermore, I see nothing wrong expressing my opinion on how they have acted towards me when I have posted vs how, to use you as an example, you posted and to see how they react.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm curious - how many times have we seen that on here? Do you have a link, or two?
    Use the search function for $150 million, bailed out, Microsoft, or your name (I recall you making a comment about it, too).
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    Poor them. If they want, I can make a small donation for their time on here being a moderator. All they have to do is ask.
    Well, to be more on point - they have asked something of you. Not for money, but for you to play by the rules. Didn't seem to make much of an impression.

However, back to the point. Or, more accurately, back to your small tangent.

I'll ask again, do you really think a company that's been in the smartphone business for as long as Palm was, that invented the smartphone and carries a patent on it - do you really believe such a company has no patents that Apple would desire? Is that really your position in this dicussion?
    Well, to be more on point - they have asked something of you. Not for money, but for you to play by the rules. Didn't seem to make much of an impression.
    Does that also include you that decided to insult my intelligence? Did you play by the rules?

I'll ask again, do you really think a company that's been in the smartphone business for as long as Palm was, that invented the smartphone and carries a patent on it - do you really believe such a company has no patents that Apple would desire? Is that really your position in this dicussion?
    Well, I just did a Google search on "who invented the smartphone" and the answer was IBM, not Palm. Here is an web link.

A Short History of the Smartphone

Clutch1222, here is another example of me posting a web link of who really invented the first smartphone to dispute the incorrect info by hparsons. Since you love to say I am always being proved wrong.
  6.    #346  
    Proven wrong about what? That the iPhone and Palm Pre are not in the same category? I find it hard to believe that I have been proven wrong many times when most of my posts have web links to things that I post about. Whereas I see tons of opinions by others but, no facts to back them up.

How many times have we heard the old "Microsoft bailed out Apple with the $150 million" when that's an outright lie from people on this forum? Is that what you mean by proven wrong?

Again, if you are going to say something, at least be factual about it.
    wow... you just wont let it go. You just opened yourself up to having anyone look up your claims of doom for palm \ webOS back in march , april ... and post them
    but, that would be focusing on the negative and personally attacking you. If anyone feels like checking out the many SO FLY posts stating that Palm and webos would fail... feel free. So Fly, all of your posts are archived on this site. Why dont you check them out yourself... and check your self.
    Dude... kick the dog much? wow... what do you expecte being an apple fan on a precentral site? And i find it hypocritical of you to be complaining about personal attacks... you brought them on your self. Hparsons sure ahs not brought that on himself. If you are in a huge state of denial... just look back on how you chimed in on this thread... very personal attacking... on a seriously disrespectful level. Chill and let it go. I have inferactions from when i first started posting here.... i learned to not make my debates personal... you should do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    wow... you just wont let it go. You just opened yourself up to having anyone look up your claims of doom for palm \ webOS back in march , april ... and post them
    but, that would be focusing on the negative and personally attacking you. If anyone feels like checking out the many SO FLY posts stating that Palm and webos would fail... feel free. So Fly, all of your posts are archived on this site. Why dont you check them out yourself... and check your self.
    Dude... kick the dog much? wow... what do you expecte being an apple fan on a precentral site? And i find it hypocritical of you to be complaining about personal attacks... you brought them on your self. Hparsons sure ahs not brought that on himself. If you are in a huge state of denial... just look back on how you chimed in on this thread... very personal attacking... on a seriously disrespectful level. Chill and let it go. I have inferactions from when i first started posting here.... i learned to not make my debates personal... you should do the same.
    I wasn't complaining. Just making a point.

You have so many spelling errors in that post. On my Mac, my typos are underlined so that I can correct them before posting.

May I suggest you start using a spell checker, or get a Mac so that spell checking is a default function of the OS.
    Does that also include you that decided to insult my intelligence? Did you play by the rules?
    Again. That was your inference. I never said anything about your intelligence, lack or abundance thereof.
    Well, I just did a Google search on "who invented the smartphone" and the answer was IBM, not Palm. Here is an web link.

A Short History of the Smartphone

Clutch1222, here is another example of me posting a web link of who really invented the first smartphone to dispute the incorrect info by hparsons. Since you love to say I am always being proved wrong.
    Not really. It's an example of you posting a link to one writer's opnion. I can't help but wonder, did you read the article? Did you see this:
    In 1993, the company introduced what could be considered the world's smartphone - simply called Simon.
    The very same article then goes on to say:
    The Nokia 9210 was indeed the first real and true smartphone due to its open operating system.
    Kind of eliminating the "IBM was first" theory. I propose this was the author's opinion.
    But, even at that, I'll rephrase my question. Is it really your position that Palm, the company that held the patent on "smartphone" has nothing in it's patent inventory that would be of value to Apple?
  9.    #349  

You have so many spelling errors in that post. On my Mac, my typos are underlined so that I can correct them before posting.

May I suggest you start using a spell checker, or get a Mac so that spell checking is a default function of the OS.
    way to avoid.
    I have a spell checker that does the same. I just dont care... i am in a forum... posting. If it bothers you... even better.

You are a master of derailing a thread... and avoiding accountability .

Stop whining when people call you out. You have earned it.
    Go take a trip down memory lane ... starting with your very first post... all the way to present... and then take a look in the mirror.

I am guilty of being a horrible typist.... dont care
    Use the search function for $150 million, bailed out, Microsoft, or your name (I recall you making a comment about it, too).
    I suggest you try that - you'll discover that your recollection is wrong. I suspect this is the post you're talking about:

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That couldn't survive on their own and got sold for pennies to HP.
    Actually, they got sold for 1.2 billion dollars, and at a profit to the original investors. Of course, your statement that it was "pennies" was technically correct, but it was roughly 120,000,000,000 pennies.

Actually, Palm has been sold to other companies in the past, and kept right on churing out devices, so being bought by another company is hardly a "disaster". Going out of business completely two years ago, now that would have been a disaster.

I suppose they could have flashed back to '97, hoped for a cash infusion from their fiercest competitor to save them from failure, then they could have claimed "success"... Ya reckon?
    That was the post, in full. No mention of Apple. No mention of Microsoft. No mention of $150 million. No mention of a "bail out" (surely you're not going to deny that a company got a cash infusion from their fiercest competitor in '97 are you?) Shoot, I didn't even mention Novell (who received a lot more money from MS over the years).

It's interesting what the mind can do to perception when a person reads something with preconceived ideas (no pun intended), know whut I mean Vern?
  11.    #351  

"Mr. Gates and Mr. Jobs announced that Microsoft would inject more than $150 million into Apple and take other steps to guarantee Apple's near-term survival. Some Apple zealots in the audience hooted. Others sighed in relief. Virtually all were surprised and confused. Even in cyberspace it is odd for one company to bail out its only rival in a key area of business. Between them, Microsoft and Apple sell the operating systems, which dictate how computers analyze and display information, that run virtually every personal computer.
    Odd or not, the bailout is good for both. Apple users are assured that their beloved company gets desperately needed cash and that Microsoft will continue to supply them up-to-date word processing and other applications software. Many would-be Apple buyers had been turning away out of fear that as Apple's market share shriveled, so would the programs made available for use on Apple machines."

what was that you were so proudly saying about your mac spell checker?
  12.    #352  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Take a look at the advancements in the iOS development tools that have leaked out after WWDC. Apple is putting its full weight behind iOS development in order to accelerate its lead in applications for mobile devices. Apple has a commanding lead in the marketing, the hardware, and the software for these devices and it isn't letting up.

HP is a smart company and has the ability to choose its markets. I believe they will target their tablets at the non-consumer markets. Perhaps specialty devices for applications like healthcare, law enforcement, industry, and retail. I don't think they will be trying to convince consumers to buy an HP tablet over an iPad. The fat middle that Palm was aiming at turned out to be very thin.
    I think you are almost right on this one.
    HP Wants To Become Apple. WebOS Is The Key

Looks like they want to go after it all...........
    Quote:
    We don't know what Apple was interested in. Neither do you.

I never said I did. But, when someone says...

Quote:
    SoFly;

Well, looks like you might have to admit you are wrong, if this article (reportedly based on SEC filings - I havent verified it yet) has any truth to it.

Remember, its all about common sense and pragmatic thinking, and NOT fanaticism or loyalty. Facts are facts, no matter how much you choose to ignore them.

That was directed at me, then I want to know why you think that. That's why I asked those questions. He said "Facts are facts". So, where are the facts?

SoFly;

That was MY post you quoted.

Im not sure what you are questioning here? Facts are facts... and your apparent unbridled loyalty and emotional enthusiasm for Apple is causing you to lose site of that.

According to the article, SEC documents have revealed Apples intentions and proposal to Palm regarding an acquisition.

They didn't cite a specific patent, or series of them.... they just wanted to buy Palm, or get access to thier patent portfolio, which, YOU have claimed in your past post, as a response to mine (where I clearly indicated my opinion that Apple was very concerend about Palm's patent portfolio, and referred to that esearch analyst's article that revealed a quantity of 1500 of them), and this article and referenced SEC filing clearly, disntinctly, and definitively shows that you were WRONG in saying that "Apple would have NO interest in any of Palm's patents" because the iPhone is clearly a market success and WebOS isn't.

Don't believe me?

Here, check this post from mine, with a direct quote to your post, which I referred to, just above, for yourself:

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...ml#post2521752

It can't get any clearer.. you posted, and you were proven wrong.

That was the point of my post that you referred to, above.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

And, just FYI, here is a link to the my very post here in this thread, which indicates clearly what MY personal thoughts were, and that SoFly responded to:

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...ml#post2520775
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

15.    #356  
    quotes from links posted above

"The assertion that the HP Envy 13 has surpassed, in some important respects, the MacBook Air and 13-inch MacBook Pro in technology shouldn't be that surprising considering the financial and technological resources that HP has."

"First, let me say that I use a MacBook Air as my main machine and am well aware of its merits. That said, it is beginning to look a little long in the tooth when juxtaposed with the Envy 13--which, like the Air, offers an aluminum chassis. I will also draw comparisons with 13-inch MacBook Pro since the Envy seems to fall somewhere between this and the Air."

"After reading some of the comments, let me repeat, the Envy "eclipses" the MacBook (Air and Pro), in my opinion."
  16.    #357  
    interesting post.....
    "Wow, after reading through all of what has been said, I must say that it seems most people are angry that HP borrowed apples design ideas.

One question, for the apple *******... Why are you mad?

Are you worried that people will start to buy these rather than macbook pros?

Or is it that you are angry that the design you paid for will now become more mainstream?

I guess I can't understand why someone would be angry about this. Apple is known for it's innovation especially regarding design. If you design something that people really enjoy, there will be companies that copy design cues, and that is fine. As it has been said, Apple copied the chiclet keys from Sony. Also multi-touch was around before the iphone and ipod touch as it was first discovered in the 80's.(by HP 1983)

Apple participates in the same "copying/borrowing" of technology and design as any other company. Apple simply took multi-touch technology and popularized it in the mainstream.

It all comes down to competition. With competition comes innovation, as companies work to out perform/outdo their competition. With this brings better technology and more features at an affordable price for the mainstream.

If you believe that this process isn't good for industry, I simply don't know what to tell you."
  17.    #358  
    apple should be very afraid...

imagine this running webOS? ohhhhh the possibilities

shay carmon: defibrillator shaped toaster
    this was written back in may 2010. Looks like the guys over at Toms hardware nailed it with this one. I guess we will see on feb.9th if Apple has anything to worry about.
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718