Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm disenchanted. Deal with it.

And not one thread manages to maintain an actual debate. They all deteriorate quickly. The minute the webOS superiority posts arise, the pro Android/iphone comments ensue in rebuttal and the thread tanks.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I'm disenchanted. Deal with it.

And not one thread manages to maintain an actual debate. They all deteriorate quickly. The minute the webOS superiority posts arise, the pro Android/iphone comments ensue in rebuttal and the thread tanks.
    Yes.. and you keep coming back for more...
    There areother forums... topics.
    You do understand that you are complaining about the quality of discussion on a telephone blog ...right?
    maybe you will get your intelectual debate in the forums at this site :

CERN - the European Organization for Nuclear Research

Im sure you will be impressed . And please do contribute there... Im sure they will appreciate your standards for excellence on posting in blogs
    moderators? Can we get a rank + and -
    Jailbreaking is illegal, but isn't it kind of invigorating to live on the edge especially when so much is given to you in a jailbreak. I think the main issue with Jailbreaking is that special app store called Installous I think. Anything playing with Apple's cash flow is illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    What is the point of this thread? Illegal? Who cares? Palm is a company of hackers. Remember iTunes? Of course they are OK with it. They will take any user and any developer they can get. Palm would gladly hook up the Devil with a free Pre if he would advertise it in Hell.

As for jailbreaking, have any of you ever done it? I have. It takes one click and about 30 seconds. Done! You are proud of the Homebrew community? Good for you. The jailbreak community is bigger, badder, and better at what they do. They be some serious hackers up in there.

In iPhone world, jailbreaking is fast, easy, powerful, prevalent, and supremely unnecessary. The average iPhone user never even heard of jailbreaking, and wouldn't want to do it if they knew what it was. The out of the box iPhone experience is perfect for the intended audience. It is not, and never has been a technophile phone. Techies just insist on having one because it is simply best of breed.

So, again, what is the point of this thread? If you are trying to suggest that at least the Pre has a better hacker option, you lose again. Don't you dare go up into a jailbreak community with that smack. They will slap you down and leave you crying like a little girl! I'm telling you, jailbreak developers are some bad-***** mofos.
    Obvious troll is obvious.

I'll keep my open phone that does not require jailbreaking and depending on people with that type of skill, when all I want to do is properly administer the thing with custom if-up scripts, database exports, etc. thanks. It's nice that I don't have to re-do all of my work each time Palm updates their OS, too.
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 06/23/2010 at 11:38 AM.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    Jailbreaking is illegal, but isn't it kind of invigorating to live on the edge especially when so much is given to you in a jailbreak. I think the main issue with Jailbreaking is that special app store called Installous I think. Anything playing with Apple's cash flow is illegal.
    Speeding is illegal, driving under the speed limit is not. How can I live with my speeding self?

The only evil thing about Jailbreaking is its slightly sinister-sounding name. Of course, homebrewing (the non-Pre kind) is illegal in some areas too - and evil to tea-totalers.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Speeding is illegal, driving under the speed limit is not. How can I live with my speeding self?

The only evil thing about Jailbreaking is its slightly sinister-sounding name. Of course, homebrewing (the non-Pre kind) is illegal in some areas too - and evil to tea-totalers.
    Im speechless :-) LOL
    I think you mean Gizmodo...

Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Ask the editor from Endgadget...he knows first hand the answer to that question.
    (2) Computer programs that enable wireless telephone handsets to execute software applications, where circumvention is accomplished for the sole purpose of enabling interoperability of such applications, when they have been lawfully obtained, with computer programs on the telephone handset.

(3) Computer programs, in the form of firmware or software, that enable used wireless telephone handsets to connect to a wireless telecommunications network, when circumvention is initiated by the owner of the copy of the computer program solely in order to connect to a wireless telecommunications network and access to the network is authorized by the operator of the network.
    Well... the first paragraph settles the question. No, jail-breaking is not violating copyright protection when used to enable interoperability of lawfully acquired software...
    This ruling from the DMCA means rooting/jailbreaking/unlocking could not be considered illegal.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Well... the first paragraph settles the question. No, jail-breaking is not violating copyright protection when used to enable interoperability of lawfully acquired software...
    This ruling from the DMCA means rooting/jailbreaking/unlocking could not be considered illegal.
    great news for all smartphone users....
    steve jobs is very upset I'm sure.
    Mr. Control....lost a ton of it today!
    Last edited by clutch1222; 07/26/2010 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    This has been the downfall of this forum for awhile now. It's webOS vs the world on here with no gray area and not a lot of room for reasonable competitive discussion or talk of displeasure with the OS or hardware. So strap on your palm poms and start rooting or go home.
    The "downfall"??? Seriously??? Hmmm, puts the nonsense about the "downfall" of Palm in a different light, I'll grant you that.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123