1.    #1  
    I have been playing with the EVO the past couple of days. It is a relatives & she hasn't fully switched over yet.

Here are things that I have noticed...

The screen size is noticeably much larger than the Pre. I like it for browsing. I think the Pre screen could be a little larger, but don't know that I would want a phone as big as the EVO.

The EVO processing power is nice and definitely noticeable when doing almost anything. My Pre definitely feels slow when I start using it.

I can't stand the virtual keyboard on the EVO. I make soo many mistakes and it is difficult to one-hand messages like I do with the Pre. Pre wins in this area hand down.

I like the EVO camera. It has a bunch of options that the Pre is missing. You can do everything from zoom in and out to adjusting the contrast. It also autofocuses. The next WebOS phone definitely needs to step it up in this department.

I still do not like the way Android handles multitasking. I accidentally leave apps when I touch anywhere near the bottom of the screen. The apps then don't always come back to the same state where I left off.

Despite the fact that there are supposedly so many apps in the Android Market, it is missing many equivalent apps on the Pre that I currently use and enjoy. I feel that there are more quality apps in the Pre catalog.

The next Palm phone definitely needs a compass. Google Sky Maps and Wikitude are cool apps.

Even though widgets are cool, I think they are overrated.

In some reviews people were complaining about the EVO battery. It seems to last at least equivalent to my Pre, and maybe longer.

I like the EVO, but not enough to buy one. I feel that WebOS is a more polished OS, but it is still missing some basic features that Android has. Hopefully this will be addressed in the near future. Verdict? I will keep my Pre until the next Palm product arrives.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    (Deleted since thread was moved)
    Welcome to our world, we are the wasted youth, and we are the future too.
    http://diegoeatspandas.tumblr.com/ <--Tumblr<3 Follow.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I am getting my EVO this week. I am still keeping my Pre just in case but I really like what I have seen with the EVO. My biggest complaint with the Pre is that I am only 3rd phone and I am have problems with this one too. So I am going to give the EVO a try.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by edwelly View Post
    I am getting my EVO this week. I am still keeping my Pre just in case but I really like what I have seen with the EVO. My biggest complaint with the Pre is that I am only 3rd phone and I am have problems with this one too. So I am going to give the EVO a try.
    I have had my Pre since the first week that it came out and still haven't had many of the hardware issues that others have complained about. I had the keyboard stutter a few times, but removing the battery fixed it. I also have had the problem with the audio jack, but I think I also fixed that as well with a bald Q-tip.

The EVO phone is a nice phone, and it definitely feels put together well. It is amazing the speed difference compared to the Pre. The Pre definitely feels several years older than the EVO in that respect.

I still like WebOS better than Android, and would like to see similar hardware running WebOS. After two days of playing with the EVO I have also decided that I can't stand a virtual keyboard, but to each their own.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRob94 View Post
    I have had my Pre since the first week that it came out and still haven't had many of the hardware issues that others have complained about. I had the keyboard stutter a few times, but removing the battery fixed it. I also have had the problem with the audio jack, but I think I also fixed that as well with a bald Q-tip.

The EVO phone is a nice phone, and it definitely feels put together well. It is amazing the speed difference compared to the Pre. The Pre definitely feels several years older than the EVO in that respect.

I still like WebOS better than Android, and would like to see similar hardware running WebOS. After two days of playing with the EVO I have also decided that I can't stand a virtual keyboard, but to each their own.
    I can't stand the Oreo effect on my Pre. Have no idea why it bothers me so much but it does so I have had the Sprint case on the phone lmost the entire time I have owned the Pre. With the case on the phone and the slider closed, the Pre is the same width as the EVO and with the slider opened, the Pre is actually bigger than the EVO. So size isn't an issue for me and I played with the virtual keyboard on the EVO and I actually typed better on the EVO than the Pre. I am going to really miss the card system. I love how easy it is to close and application - just swipe it away. That really is awesomely simple. I think that is what I will miss the most. This is assuming I love the EVO and get rid of the Pre