Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Not impressed. Matter a fact......Multitaking? REALLY?? WHAT TOOK YA SO LONG STEVE?
    Wow, that was cool - Not!!!

Thanks for the link, but I was not impressed at all. Actually, what's scary is the fact that the Apple Cool-aid drinkers are going to scream "we love you Apple and you finally made multitasking what multitasking should be."

That interface is the pits and they simply have no clue! I'm so happy I have my Palm Pre running smooth as silk with F104 and Govanah perfectly.... Sorli...
    Ha Ha. That's sucks.
    wow and you can hear the driving directions while on a phone call, isnt that need sonja?

that would annoy the **** out of me and whom ever i am speaking to.
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
  5.    #5  
    Did anyone else notice at the :50 mark he says "just double tap" as he mashes the button like 6 times! LOL! priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    wow and you can hear the driving directions while on a phone call, isnt that need sonja?

that would annoy the **** out of me and whom ever i am speaking to.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...ok im awake again ....

Yes, I agree ... Ill never forget the first time I used navigator and I answered a call with bluetooth.... the nav app shrunk, slid over, phone app launched and came full screen, navigator wench shut up, I talked , hung up and then nav wench started yapping directions again ... all totally hands free......

that is another commercial that was never shot, opportunity lost.....
    When will webOS get this?,
    hang on we've been doing it better for more than year now!"lucky sheeple".
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    When will webOS get this?,
    hang on we've been doing it better for more than year now!"lucky sheeple".
    Well, keep in mind that Palm has the patents on the card view and probably the gestures. There are only so many ways multitasking can be done, and Apple is probably doing it in the best way they can. I would say that they are probably kicking themselves for not thinking of the card view first, but then again, look at how well the iPhone i doing in sales compared to the Pre.
    that's will not be on the new iphone 4g ...that video is so old ..
    ios4 multitasks and doesn't kill the battery o: (also no TMC errors.. but plus fixed that)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    ios4 multitasks and doesn't kill the battery o: (also no TMC errors.. but plus fixed that)
    no one knows yet how long the battery lasts, yes apple gives u an amount of time but i bet the battery still sucks and they say its amazing bc guess what, its apple
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I'll take a less "convenient" way of multitasking mixed with a blazing fast OS that can launch applications in the milliseconds, an app store that is in abundance of great quality applications versus a buggy device that requires consistent returns, laggy software and an app store that leaves much to be desired.

If all you can loathe about is how a device multitasks ... well then, more power to you. Just remember, your average mobile user doesn't care about multitasking. I'd easily bet on the statistic of over 50% of future iPhone owners will never use the multitasking ability of the iPhone.
    Wow. That really is true multitasking. Apple really hit the nail on the head here. It is everything multitasking should be. I hope Palm finds a way to improve WebOS's multitasking so it's as innovative as Apple's...
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I'll take a less "convenient" way of multitasking mixed with a blazing fast OS that can launch applications in the milliseconds, an app store that is in abundance of great quality applications versus a buggy device that requires consistent returns, laggy software and an app store that leaves much to be desired.

If all you can loathe about is how a device multitasks ... well then, more power to you. Just remember, your average mobile user doesn't care about multitasking. I'd easily bet on the statistic of over 50% of future iPhone owners will never use the multitasking ability of the iPhone.
    thats ur opinions and many others too, not mine
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Ofcourse the multitasking will kill the battery, more so because users won't be able to close the apps that are running easily and so will just leave the apps that are not use open, hence killing the battery. With webOS you can easily see which apps you have open and easily throw them off the screen to close them.
    And the ios4 ill definitely get TMC at some point, it's just the user will never know about and another will be killed in it's place. Just because it wont be apparent to the user doesn't mean it's not happening.
    To be honest I like Palm's honesty in the TMC area, bugs the hell out of me on the rare occasion I get it but at least they don't cover it up in some shabby way.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Ofcourse the multitasking will kill the battery, more so because users won't be able to close the apps that are running easily and so will just leave the apps that are not use open, hence killing the battery. With webOS you can easily see which apps you have open and easily throw them off the screen to close them.
    And the ios4 ill definitely get TMC at some point, it's just the user will never know about and another will be killed in it's place. Just because it wont be apparent to the user doesn't mean it's not happening.
    To be honest I like Palm's honesty in the TMC area, bugs the hell out of me on the rare occasion I get it but at least they don't cover it up in some shabby way.
    You obviously have no clue how multitasking is handled on not just the iPhone, but any other device other than WebOS. And I hate to break it to you, but when you swipe up on an app on WebOS, that doesn't always necessarily "kill it".

But hey .. ignorance is bliss. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You obviously have no clue how multitasking is handled on not just the iPhone, but any other device other than WebOS. And I hate to break it to you, but when you swipe up on an app on WebOS, that doesn't always necessarily "kill it".

But hey .. ignorance is bliss. Right?

If I am so ignorant of the obvious truth then please educate me?
    How is multitasking on the iphone and other devices handled, as when I read into it, the impression I had was the one I displayed?
    And could you point to a few webOS apps that are not killed when swiped?
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    If I am so ignorant of the obvious truth then please educate me?
    How is multitasking on the iphone and other devices handled, as when I read into it, the impression I had was the one I displayed?
    And could you point to a few webOS apps that are not killed when swiped?
    Well first, the way Apple has designed multitasking is both great and not-so-great. It's great because it really does minimize battery usage. They've developed six (it might be seven?) services that an application can make use of to perform basic background tasks; whether it be audio, navigation, etc. This is a good thing because they have designed this in a way that has little to no impact on the phones resources or battery.

Apple also has a strict policy on application, when an application is developed and submitted to Apple they ensure that the application adheres to all policies and that it's not detrimental to the device (aka: destroying it by unnecessary background usage).

On the flip side, this isn't TRUE multitasking, but it serves the needs very well –*only a true diehard tech nut will complain (see Marco.org - iPhone multitasking and background updating).

Now, with WebOS .. typically when you "swipe up" to close an application, yes it closes, but it doesn't always free its resources that it was using (hence the often-had TMC error). Not to mention if an application is setup for notifications, then it will periodically spawn in the background (even if you've never opened it.. THIS is a huge battery drainer).

P.S. Sorry for a not a very-well structured post, in a hurry and typed this on the iPad. :P
    Last edited by barkerja; 06/19/2010 at 02:41 PM.
    Ironic though that the OP is focused on an app that webOS won't get anytime soon if ever. Sprint's nav is a joke. AT&T's is too costly. Verizon's Pre's gps doesn't even work right.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Ironic though that the OP is focused on an app that webOS won't get anytime soon if ever. Sprint's nav is a joke. AT&T's is too costly. Verizon's Pre's gps doesn't even work right.
    Personally, I feel as if nothing comes even remotely close to Google's Navigation. It's a pretty remarkable app, especially for it's price.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast