Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You do realize that when Steve Jobs took over Apple in 1996 after having left, Apple was only months away from closing up shop. Call Steve what you want, but he is the CEO that every company desires. He pulled Apple out of the trenches and turned it into what it is today.

Love him or hate him, you still have to appreciate what he has done and continues to do; you don't have to share the same principles as the man to appreciate his level of devotion in his product(s).
    Your opinion... and your entitled to it. I dont respect the way he limits consumers choice all in the name of profits. I do not appreciate his cocky attitude and his vision for apple. Success.. yes that is to be respected . How t=you achieve it and what you will do to control it... makes all the difference in my opinion
    but you've never even asked me to dinner
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    ALL, never, always , words you cant get away with even your closest relationships... Let alone a stranger on a thread.
    And nothing wrong with hoping and wishing and dreaming. But this topic was about a comparison of multitasking, or just about iOS multitasking. So going on about the future of palm and all of its potential is just going really off track. That's all.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You do realize that when Steve Jobs took over Apple in 1996 after having left, Apple was only months away from closing up shop. Call Steve what you want, but he is the CEO that every company desires. He pulled Apple out of the trenches and turned it into what it is today.

Love him or hate him, you still have to appreciate what he has done and continues to do; you don't have to share the same principles as the man to appreciate his level of devotion in his product(s).
    btw... after being told to resign.

Good Job Steve!!! Take a look at you 1984 commercial... the controlling corporation... thats APPLE 2010!
    way to follow your vision Jack ***. Man.. he seemed so proud of that commercial FAIL.
    He turned things around in a big way... only o become what he once despised. Some may call that success... I would rather stick to what i belive in and die a poor man... with a beat up modded pre in my pocket ;-)
    actually....you have no clue what his vision was back then. He set out to defeat Goliath. He never said he wouldn't like to be the second coming of Goliath. He most likely was the same control freak then that he is now. So to say he became what he once despised could be the big FAIL.

And he didn't commit genocide. He didn't burn down villages, rape and pillage. He created a strongly controlled utopia in the consumer electronics industry. Nobody got their arm twisted to buy their products. You can stick to whatever and die poor. I'd rather be him.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    but you've never even asked me to dinner

And nothing wrong with hoping and wishing and dreaming. But this topic was about a comparison of multitasking, or just about iOS multitasking. So going on about the future of palm and all of its potential is just going really off track. That's all.
    yes... unfortunatley these threads tend to run their course ... and end up becoming a ****ing match. Thats o.k. , You can cut and paste my residual posts and than claim thats all i contribute.
    Im a big boy... I can handle it.
    I give credit when its due. I stand behind what I believe in. I call out people on their bull**** and spin tactics.
    Im recently married with some extra time on my hands. Im waiting for am air compressor to be delivered to my house so i can start a complete resto of a 66 skylark gs.... these piising matches are getting old... and my new webos phone wont be here for a while ;-(
    gardening, muscle cars, htpc's and my pre.... my hobbies these days. So what do you think crog ? Want to go out to dinner after all? Maybe a romantic dinner at .....Hooters
    only if they use the pogo sticks. it's the only reason to go anymore.
    CORRECTION- WEBOS 1.4.1 running Legal but warranty voiding OC patch provided by Homebrew that Palm openly credits and respects.
    Oh I would so love to know how many people who work at Palm HQ in Sunnyvale have Uberkernel+Govnah on their phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Oh I would so love to know how many people who work at Palm HQ in Sunnyvale have Uberkernel+Govnah on their phones.
    LOL... probably most. but who cares... as long as they continue to turns a blind eye...
    HP ..are you listening!!
    btw... after being told to resign.

Good Job Steve!!! Take a look at you 1984 commercial... the controlling corporation... thats APPLE 2010!
    way to follow your vision Jack ***. Man.. he seemed so proud of that commercial FAIL.
    He turned things around in a big way... only o become what he once despised. Some may call that success... I would rather stick to what i belive in and die a poor man... with a beat up modded pre in my pocket ;-)
    Not necessarily true.

There was a lot of political wars going on inside of Apple in the mid-80's, during one board meeeting Jobs basically out of nowhere said he was leaving to tackle other things in life (NeXt).

His predecessors, who all had different visions for the company failed miserably. The market that Apple is/was in and the "Goliath" that they were up against took something truly unique, something only Steve himself could envision.

What Steve worked on while he was away from Apple for a little over 10 years paved the way for the new Mac OS and even todays iPhone OS.

The man is made of success, no matter how you cut it. And Apple only delivers one product that's truly "locked down": the iPhone.
    None. They're all running 1.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Friends, family and dog aren't dying poor.Now you're changing the rules.
    Well... thats were you and I differ... I dont need his money to be happy. Im thrilled with my life... friends family... and my dog.
    You know what the difference between WebOS and iPhone users is? WebOS users consistently fantasize about future updates and the features it will supposedly bring, whereas iPhone users do not as they're perfectly content with what they have.

Just sayin' ..
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789