Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 172
  1. #121  
    jailbreak = illegal

    [url= Jailbreak About to Be Legalized?[/url]
  2. #122  
    I'm curios ... Barkerja, urkel... Do you jailbreak your iphones? You mentioned homebrew which is off topic. Stating performance advantage on iphone on dated hardware on a topic about mainly software...whos on a podium? I'm glad both of you are so proud of iphone and it's superior performance. We will make sure to include you both on the next webos phone vs any iphone comparison when the time comes. Please make sure you contribute and keep these discussions healthy. So..jailbreakers?
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    I'm curios ... Barkerja, urkel... Do you jailbreak your iphones? You mentioned homebrew which is off topic. Stating performance advantage on iphone on dated hardware on a topic about mainly software...whos on a podium? I'm glad both of you are so proud of iphone and it's superior performance. We will make sure to include you both on the next webos phone vs any iphone comparison when the time comes. Please make sure you contribute and keep these discussions healthy. So..jailbreakers?
    A) I don't currently own an iPhone, and I haven't for the past year (left the iPhone for the pre). I currently own an Evo, but I will be getting the iPhone 4.

    B) I never did jailbreak and I won't jailbreak when I get the iPhone 4.

    C) I never patched the Pre either (I did try the 800MHz, but quickly removed it).
  4. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #124  
    Keeping this discussion civil, I wanted to just note what the similarities in the iOS4 and WebOS, as there were things I liked about the new iPhone4.

    I still own a Pre+ as I think WebOS and the HBrew community are stealer, I just wanted to point those things out.


    I think iOS4 is a brilliant piece of work, but I still think even the dated WebOS is better. As I do not like Locked systems, and I have all the apps I need in the Palm App store/Preware.

    Also, the syncing to everything in my phone/outside + the connectivity it give to others that I allow to sync with it top notch. It just to connectivness (is that a word lol) to give up.
  5. #125  
    @ barkerja : scouts honor ;-) .
    Last edited by clutch1222; 06/21/2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: @
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You're taking what I said out of context. Yes, I'd say the two biggest complaints about the iPhone is lack of multitasking and notifications (maybe flash, however that's quickly becoming a moot point as people realize it's fail).

    However, when it really comes down to it ,the way the iPhone functions, your average user (which makes up the majority user base) doesn't care about or UNDERSTAND multitasking.

    Take my sister for example, who absolutely LOVES her iPhone; I asked her just the other day if she's looking forward to having the ability to multitask on her iPhone. Her response? "What's that" I quickly told her what it was.. and her response was .. "Uhmm, it's a phone and I can already do those things you just told me."

    ^^ That's why the iPhone wins. It's simplicity and proper execution of delivering a quality user experience.

    You have a VERY small niche of people that do desire more and understand the technical side of things (like you, me and others on this board debating).. but Apple's not targeting that group.
    Completely agree!
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Completely agree!
    well... If you are going to start giving examples of what the average user needs or wouldn't miss.. I have a ton of users that see no need for a smartphone at all and think it's stupid to even have one.
    most iphone users buy on marketing, popularity and social status. This is not a discussion about how ignorant certain users are about smartphone functionality... Or maybe it is exactly the point. This discussion points out how unimpressive ios4 multitasking is... And how iphone users think it's impressive... And what a joke this video example is. Just because a user doesn't know any better... And "thinks" it's great does not mean it is. This is a debate on why ios4 is not impressive to webos users, because webos handle's multitasking better.
    MT...
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    well...
    most iphone users buy on marketing, popularity and social status. .
    This line is pure ****iness on the side of non-iPhone users. Pure, fanatical support for some mythical, "perfect" OS.

    I don't care HOW good marketing is, if a phone sucks, it sucks. Word of mouth takes over, and no one buys it. If it performs, people show their friends, and it takes off. I have yet to see an EVO commercial and yet its the fastest selling phone right now.

    But especially in PreCentral there is this arrogant attitude that anyone not owning a Pre, or who does own an iPhone, has simply stumbled into it because of a weakness to marketing messaging.


    The truth is, to most people looking in, clinging to the Pre is what is fanatical. And most appear even brainwashed by this belief that even with its faults, this phone is better.

    When many, many people know otherwise.

    The only people I know who think the Pre lived up to its hyped are power users (who have patched and homebrewed) who have this pathological dislike of iPhone.

    Who's the sheeple? Who is brainwashed??
  9. #129  
    stick to MT is my point.
    evo is fastest selling phone?600,000 iphone pre -orders.
    yes the iphone is more popular. Back to main topic. This example of multitasking is not impressive.
    in my opinion, webos users are more in tune with what they want from a phone. They are impresed with 1st gen pre and can't wait for next phone. They truly believe the OS is better than apple. If you think 600,000 pre orders are coming from informed users...or 200k ipad pre orders on a device unseen... I say you are delussional.
    what is yet to be seen is how webos will evolve on next gen phone. I really want to see all of the iphone elitest show up and compare the next evo of webos to the latest ios4.
    what most here @ precentral believe...is that the current state of webos is better then ios4... And the video of this post is an example of just that.
    I think apple just released something...run and tell evveryone to buy it sight unseen! Pay top $$$ for quality and then swear it's the best.
    .
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    stick to MT is my point.
    evo is fastest selling phone?600,000 iphone pre -orders.
    yes the iphone is more popular. Back to main topic. This example of multitasking is not impressive.
    in my opinion, webos users are more in tune with what they want from a phone. They are impresed with 1st gen pre and can't wait for next phone. They truly believe the OS is better than apple. If you think 600,000 pre orders are coming from informed users...or 200k ipad pre orders on a device unseen... I say you are delussional.
    what is yet to be seen is how webos will evolve on next gen phone. I really want to see all of the iphone elitest show up and compare the next evo of webos to the latest ios4.
    what most here @ precentral believe...is that the current state of webos is better then ios4... And the video of this post is an example of just that.
    I think apple just released something...run and tell evveryone to buy it sight unseen! Pay top $$$ for quality and then swear it's the best.
    .
    You just confused the hell out of me. You're all over the place.
  11. #131  
    I wonder if I could switch to the navigator screen (to see where I am going) while in a call? Thus, muting the voice prompts.
  12. #132  
    Is there a download service in iOS 4 that allows downloading in the background? I was just downloading a podcast with DrPodder while browsing the web. Wondering if the new iOS can handle this. (I am guessing yes)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Is there a download service in iOS 4 that allows downloading in the background? I was just downloading a podcast with DrPodder while browsing the web. Wondering if the new iOS can handle this. (I am guessing yes)
    it depends on it the app does it, supposedly i read
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Is there a download service in iOS 4 that allows downloading in the background? I was just downloading a podcast with DrPodder while browsing the web. Wondering if the new iOS can handle this. (I am guessing yes)
    iOS 4 was never required for that. You can download podcasts directly from the iTunes store built into every iPhone. It has always been able to download and play in the background while doing other things. So you're saying you need a third party app to get podcasts?
  15. nic230's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #135  
    Hahahaha, my boss just showed my how cool it was he could have pandora playing while he was surfing the web or checking email on his iphone.... He keeps telling me to get a new phone, but he is impressed with a feature I had a year ago on my pre...
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by nic230 View Post
    Hahahaha, my boss just showed my how cool it was he could have pandora playing while he was surfing the web or checking email on his iphone.... He keeps telling me to get a new phone, but he is impressed with a feature I had a year ago on my pre...
    yeah my best friend was trying to do the same thing with me couple days ago saying, "oh i cant wait till monday bc the iphone is gonna get multitasking" he was saying it in a way that would make me jealous. and i told him dude ive had multitasking for a year now; better than wut u guys r having now. and he stayed silent
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  17. #137  
    anyways, ive been reading and theres a website that says theres a way to kill background apps:
    Hold to kill background apps: Currently in iOS4, if an application supports multitasking, it'll run in the background by default—kind of a strange choice, considering Apple asks you to confirm push notifications for apps. What this means is that as more apps start supporting background processing, you may end up with a ton of apps running in the background that you don't really need or want running. To remove an application from running in the background, just pull up your quick switch drawer (double-tap the home button), then tap and hold on an app (like you do when you want to delete an app from the home screen until you see a red minus sign (-) on the corner of the app's icon. Tap it to kill the app.

    The New iOS4 Shortcuts, Features, and Settings You Need to Know

    i still think our way of killing apps is the best, y would u wanna hold on a icon and click on the minus while u can go to card view and swipe lol
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    anyways, ive been reading and theres a website that says theres a way to kill background apps:
    Hold to kill background apps: Currently in iOS4, if an application supports multitasking, it'll run in the background by default—kind of a strange choice, considering Apple asks you to confirm push notifications for apps. What this means is that as more apps start supporting background processing, you may end up with a ton of apps running in the background that you don't really need or want running. To remove an application from running in the background, just pull up your quick switch drawer (double-tap the home button), then tap and hold on an app (like you do when you want to delete an app from the home screen until you see a red minus sign (-) on the corner of the app's icon. Tap it to kill the app.

    The New iOS4 Shortcuts, Features, and Settings You Need to Know

    i still think our way of killing apps is the best, y would u wanna hold on a icon and click on the minus while u can go to card view and swipe lol
    It doesn't work like that. Application background "tasks" are sandboxed. They're not really running in the background, just making use of one of the background services that is available to them. If they're not a navigation app or music app, then they're not using any resources really. The key things most applications are racing to update to support is fast app switching, which is a new feature of iOS 4.

    It's completely different than how WebOS or Android does it. Android and WebOS is more like your traditional desktop environment (which is both good and bad).
  19. #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You just confused the hell out of me. You're all over the place.
    o.k. I know that was a lot of info...so take them one @ a time. Way to avoid.
    I started by responding to finngirls post.
    then, I continued on to other points.
    so....
    my opinion... 90 % apple users are misinformed and are not informedon other options available. It's popular, it's expensive... It must be the best.
    this post is debating ios4 multitasking capabilities. Most here feel that webos does MT better. It is the iphone users here that feel webos users are wrong. So... Webos users are asking them to prove why ios4 mt is better than webos. I am still waiting to hear why those think ios4 new mt is better than webos 1.4.1
    thanks
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    o.k. I know that was a lot of info...so take them one @ a time. Way to avoid.
    I started by responding to finngirls post.
    then, I continued on to other points.
    so....
    my opinion... 90 % apple users are misinformed and are not informedon other options available. It's popular, it's expensive... It must be the best.
    this post is debating ios4 multitasking capabilities. Most here feel that webos does MT better. It is the iphone users here that feel webos users are wrong. So... Webos users are asking them to prove why ios4 mt is better than webos. I am still waiting to hear why those think ios4 new mt is better than webos 1.4.1
    thanks
    in my honest opinion, if i was an apple fan boy or if i owned an iphone and i finally got multitasking, i would defend it with all my might just like i defend the pre with everything out there. theres gonna be no way to explain how webOS mt is better to an iphone user, just not possible; just my opinion

    Update: and at the same time they will always think that there's is better somehow just because its the iphone, its apple, and steve jobs says so. i think thats B.S. of course but we're all hardheaded no matter wut
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions