Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 172
  1. #81  
    Why are we still attempting to tear another device down as if it makes our device appear superior?

    iPhone4 with iOS4 is going to be an amazing device. Android is pulling off some really awesome stuff.
    And WebOS is really slick, and will also be amazing on upcoming hardware.

    Get what you like. Like what you like. And admire the good points of other devices.
  2. mpfef's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Why are we still attempting to tear another device down as if it makes our device appear superior?

    iPhone4 with iOS4 is going to be an amazing device. Android is pulling off some really awesome stuff.
    And WebOS is really slick, and will also be amazing on upcoming hardware.

    Get what you like. Like what you like. And admire the good points of other devices.
    GREAT post. Anyone who isn't willing to admit both faults with their own platform of choice along with things other platforms do very well is only fooling one person...them.

    --Matt
  3. delta7's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #83  
    how is sprint nav a joke?
  4. #84  
    I'm surprised no one brought up the current jailbreak apps that are already out like Proswitcher (WebOS Cards), and Activator (Gestures). Doesn't allow a live preview like WebOS but it has way more functionality and stability.
  5. #85  
    Threads like this one are what keep me hanging around the 'Central suite of web sites. Reading the posts of a zealous group of Pre owners attempting to denigrate fringe aspects of otherwise clearly superior devices is not only entertaining, but predictable. It's been going on here ever since the Handspring community began berating the Sony Clio community and appears to be going strong to this very day.

    Never mind that there's not a single capability the Pre has that wasn't available on a Windows CE phone over 8 years ago (except maybe Facebook or Twitter capability ) - and several more capabilities that today's Pre is still lacking.

    Please, don't change a thing - I would be lost without the comforting knowledge that these forums would lose their endless stream of empty, pointless claims.
  6. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    I'm surprised no one brought up the current jailbreak apps that are already out like Proswitcher (WebOS Cards), and Activator (Gestures). Doesn't allow a live preview like WebOS but it has way more functionality and stability.
    For some reason when an add-on feature is coming from Homebrew it is considered to be "inspirational" because "Palm has such an amazing community of developers who are dedicated to improving the platform". But when it comes from Jailbreaking then people act as if iPhone users are "cheating" because " You guys require jail breaking since iOS is missing so many key features and it's not an open OS".

    These Pre VS iPhone arguments just seem to be based more on semantics, jealousy and bitterness than actual product comparisons.
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Threads like this one are what keep me hanging around the 'Central suite of web sites. Reading the posts of a zealous group of Pre owners attempting to denigrate fringe aspects of otherwise clearly superior devices is not only entertaining, but predictable. It's been going on here ever since the Handspring community began berating the Sony Clio community and appears to be going strong to this very day.

    Never mind that there's not a single capability the Pre has that wasn't available on a Windows CE phone over 8 years ago (except maybe Facebook or Twitter capability ) - and several more capabilities that today's Pre is still lacking.

    Please, don't change a thing - I would be lost without the comforting knowledge that these forums would lose their endless stream of empty, pointless claims.
    Wow, that's going to hurt a lot of folks feelings, lol! But its true, iOS has had the funds, time, team, and consumer base to build a great platform. WebOS has just entered the game last year. They will need a whole lot more time to advance and get things more stable. Cards and gestures are nice but only for a while before you realize how unstable everything else is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    For some reason when an add-on feature is coming from Homebrew it is considered to be "inspirational" because "Palm has such an amazing community of developers who are dedicated to improving the platform". But when it comes from Jailbreaking then people act as if iPhone users are "cheating" because " You guys require jail breaking since iOS is missing so many key features and it's not an open OS".

    These Pre VS iPhone arguments just seem to be based more on semantics, jealousy and bitterness than actual product comparisons.
    Agreed 100%! The Jailbreak community has millions of participants, one of the major reasons I love the iOS platform. They've done so much to improve the platform similar to the Homebrew community thats keeping me hanging by a thread. A jailbreak actually takes less time to install than Homebrew which is the funny part plus its more stable.
  8. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    These Pre VS iPhone arguments just seem to be based more on semantics, jealousy and bitterness than actual product comparisons.

    So lets do it based on actual comparison.


    The new iPhone4 has everything WebOS has..

    • CardView/IconView (just in the notification area)
    • You can listen to Pandora & surf the web. You can also use many other apps simultaneously.
    • Home screen looks like our launcher, and you can NOW change the background in your home screen.
    • Everything now syncs with everything(wonder were they got that from)
    • iOS 4.0 has unified inbox (finally)
    • Google Calendar syncs with their calender
    • WebOS & iOS4 both have apps.


    There are some things iPhone4 has that WebOS does not
    • Folders (for even more organization)
    • Apple who has an exclusive iMovie app



    WebOS has that iOS4 does not
    • Awesome HOMEBREW community with LOTS of free Apps & Tweaks/Fixes & so much HELP



    If I think of more, I will post them.
    Last edited by Vkitty; 06/21/2010 at 08:25 AM.
  9. #89  
    not sure, but iphone pribably does not have ALL INBOX summary view.

    In my opinion, treo/chatteremail and webos has the BEST email client to date
  10. mpfef's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #90  
    iOS 4.0 does indeed have a unified inbox (finally).
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by likeobama View Post
    I'm surprised no one brought up the current jailbreak apps that are already out like Proswitcher (WebOS Cards), and Activator (Gestures). Doesn't allow a live preview like WebOS but it has way more functionality and stability.
    True but it's a major battery killer as well.
  12. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    There are some things iPhone4 has that WebOS does not (I dont count apps)
    Why not? What good is a smartphone if The Applications you run on them can be so easily dismissed?

    The praise of superior multitasking would mean nothing if Palm didn't provide an email or web browsing app so why is it that an exclusive IPhone app like Quicken, Instapaper, Street Fighter or iMovie is considered "not a feature because -it's only an app-"?
    Last edited by Urkel; 06/21/2010 at 12:19 AM.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    [*]CardView (just in the notification area)
    its not really card view is it, i c it as an icon view
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Why not? What good is a smartphone if The Applications you run on them can be so easily dismissed?

    The praise of superior multitasking would mean nothing if Palm didn't provide an email or web browsing app so why is it that an exclusive IPhone app like Quicken, Instapaper, Street Fighter or iMovie is considered "not a feature because it's -only an app-"?
    E-X-A-C-T-L-Y. Iphone 1.0 anyone?? (Let's remember that no apps at all until iOS2 one year later.) So based on your statement, what merit did the original iPhone have?


    Answer: iPod users. (and the resulting $$ that saved Apple from oblivion)
  15. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Why not? What good is a smartphone if The Applications you run on them can be so easily dismissed?

    Because every smartphone as apps, it would be like counting making phone calls. Its obvious.
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    E-X-A-C-T-L-Y. Iphone 1.0 anyone?? (Let's remember that no apps at all until iOS2 one year later.) So based on your statement, what merit did the original iPhone have?


    Answer: iPod users. (and the resulting $$ that saved Apple from oblivion)
    That was a long time ago though. We need to be comparing our phones as they are right now. That includes apps and homebrew.

    Right now, Palm is falling behind. Android and iphone are pushing out quality products. I love Palm and WebOS, but I need to give credit where credit is due.
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    LOL @ you.
    way to avoid.... It's a sign of someone who has nothing else of substance to contribute. We are all waiting for you to enlighten us...... Instead, you lol ? You were called out...and you backed down. Thank your contribution... And your lack of follow up speaks for itself
  18. #98  
  19. #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch1222 View Post
    way to avoid.... It's a sign of someone who has nothing else of substance to contribute. We are all waiting for you to enlighten us...... Instead, you lol ? You were called out...and you backed down. Thank your contribution... And your lack of follow up speaks for itself
    LOL at you three.

    Edit: if you didn't want to be so quick to "call me out", you'll see I had plenty to add later in the thread. So again: lol at you.
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    LOL at you three.

    Edit: if you didn't want to be so quick to "call me out", you'll see I had plenty to add later in the thread. So again: lol at you.
    To put it simply, I think any credibility that you had was lost the moment you replied 'lol @ you'

Posting Permissions