Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 172
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Why? Because there is the rare occasion where it is nice to do simultaneous things. For instance (and the biggest complaint on the iPhone thus far) play Pandora and do anything else simultaneously. Everything else really doesn't matter.

    Yay, you can efficiently swap between OPEN applications on WebOS.. that's it. It's funny, how a year later that's the ONLY thing you have to defend on WebOS. And guess what? The market doesn't care about that.

    I ended all my development on WebOS and so did a lot of my colleagues (before they even got started actually). Why? There is absolutely no money to be made, at least none that is worth the effort. I'll be sticking with developing for the iPhone and soon Android.
    lol u a cold dude but i think your rite and a lot of other ppl do to.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    So... The biggest complaint for the iphone is lack of multitasking. Then you go on to say no one cares about multitasking...

    ?
    You're taking what I said out of context. Yes, I'd say the two biggest complaints about the iPhone is lack of multitasking and notifications (maybe flash, however that's quickly becoming a moot point as people realize it's fail).

    However, when it really comes down to it ,the way the iPhone functions, your average user (which makes up the majority user base) doesn't care about or UNDERSTAND multitasking.

    Take my sister for example, who absolutely LOVES her iPhone; I asked her just the other day if she's looking forward to having the ability to multitask on her iPhone. Her response? "What's that" I quickly told her what it was.. and her response was .. "Uhmm, it's a phone and I can already do those things you just told me."

    ^^ That's why the iPhone wins. It's simplicity and proper execution of delivering a quality user experience.

    You have a VERY small niche of people that do desire more and understand the technical side of things (like you, me and others on this board debating).. but Apple's not targeting that group.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No, I'm not stuck in my ways. I never even said anything bad about Android or iphone. My whole point is that I believe multitasking is important.
    Ok, it is. And everyone has it now.
    Palm does it better in some ways. Apple does it better in some ways.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    No, I'm not stuck in my ways. I never even said anything bad about Android or iphone. My whole point is that I believe multitasking is important.
    dude u cant talk on the phone and get on the net , listen to music at the same time multi-tasking is not tha big of a deal.. i think a big deal is just using your phone to talk on and not drop calls is a big deal ..most ppl dont care about multi-tasking the just want the new phone that everybody else has..
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    dude u cant talk on the phone and get on the net , listen to music at the same time multi-tasking is not tha big of a deal.. i think a big deal is just using your phone to talk on and not drop calls is a big deal ..most ppl dont care about multi-tasking the just want the new phone that everybody else has..
    You can talk on the phone and browse the web at the same time...

    I do agree that a lot of people just want the phone everyone else has...
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You can talk on the phone and browse the web at the same time...

    I do agree that a lot of people just want the phone everyone else has...
    not with sprint or am i missing something
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You can talk on the phone and browse the web at the same time...

    I do agree that a lot of people just want the phone everyone else has...
    IF YOUR ON WIFI, sure. You know exactly what he's talking about.
    (the gsm model can do both, but most ppl have sprints)

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    IF YOUR ON WIFI, sure. You know exactly what he's talking about.
    (the gsm model can do both, but most ppl have sprints)
    thanks he was being a wise guy lol
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I do agree that a lot of people just want the phone everyone else has...
    i guess im the only different one that doesnt believe in this, i hate having the same phone that everyone has. just lame having the same phone everyone has, just my opinion
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    You're taking what I said out of context. Yes, I'd say the two biggest complaints about the iPhone is lack of multitasking and notifications (maybe flash, however that's quickly becoming a moot point as people realize it's fail).

    However, when it really comes down to it ,the way the iPhone functions, your average user (which makes up the majority user base) doesn't care about or UNDERSTAND multitasking.

    Take my sister for example, who absolutely LOVES her iPhone; I asked her just the other day if she's looking forward to having the ability to multitask on her iPhone. Her response? "What's that" I quickly told her what it was.. and her response was .. "Uhmm, it's a phone and I can already do those things you just told me."

    ^^ That's why the iPhone wins. It's simplicity and proper execution of delivering a quality user experience.

    You have a VERY small niche of people that do desire more and understand the technical side of things (like you, me and others on this board debating).. but Apple's not targeting that group.
    Ok, I'm glad you clarified your point. What you say does actually make sense. Apple makes it's money from selling simple things to simple people. Sadly, there are a ton of simple people out there who are incapable of doing more than one thing at a time.

    I'm beginning to remember why I have no faith in people. Sometimes I wish I was "simple" too lol
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i guess im the only different one that doesnt believe in this, i hate having the same phone that everyone has. just lame having the same phone everyone has, just my opinion
    Oh, I totally agree with you. I'm not one of those people who blindly buy things just because they are "cool".

    However, you have to realize that a lot of people are incapable of thinking for themselves.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    thanks he was being a wise guy lol
    No, never.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Oh, I totally agree with you. I'm not one of those people who blindly buy things just because they are "cool".

    However, you have to realize that a lot of people are incapable of thinking for themselves.
    yeah like the rest of my ******** friends. my gf is the only smart one of them. she needed a new smartphone and i showed her my pre, an android phone and the way iOS4 is and she cares about multitasking and notifications so u can guess where what she chose....
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Oh, I totally agree with you. I'm not one of those people who blindly buy things just because they are "cool".

    However, you have to realize that a lot of people are incapable of thinking for themselves.
    So just a question. Are you saying that people who buy iphones and things that are "cool" can't think for themselves?
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    So just a question. Are you saying that people who buy iphones and things that are "cool" can't think for themselves?
    Not entirely. I was just saying that there are a lot of people out there who buy things just to fit in. (even if what they buy doesn't meet all their needs)
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Not entirely. I was just saying that there are a lot of people out there who buy things just to fit in. (even if what they buy doesn't meet all their needs)
    That's sometimes the case, but not always. You primarily have people buying the iPhone because they see everything it's capable of doing through third party applications. Everyone and their mother has an app for the iPhone; every major company, website, product, etc. has an app that lets you do "cool things". That's what drives people.

    Now, with features like Facetime, that will be one more ticket to lure people in – "did you see the new iPhone?! We can video chat while we're apart, HOW COOL IS THAT?!"

    You see where I'm going with this? :| So it's not always about "being cool" but more or less being a part of the "fun".
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    That's sometimes the case, but not always. You primarily have people buying the iPhone because they see everything it's capable of doing through third party applications. Everyone and their mother has an app for the iPhone; every major company, website, product, etc. has an app that lets you do "cool things". That's what drives people.

    Now, with features like Facetime, that will be one more ticket to lure people in – "did you see the new iPhone?! We can video chat while we're apart, HOW COOL IS THAT?!"

    You see where I'm going with this? :| So it's not always about "being cool" but more or less being a part of the "fun".
    yeah the only problem with facetime is it works on wifi, cool if u have wifi wherever u go but many ppl dont so they swood

    Update: and i understand its for only at&t users
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah the only problem with facetime is it works on wifi, cool if u have wifi wherever u go but many ppl dont so they swood
    Yep, but that will be part of the "fine print". However, I guarantee that after much affair and time passing it will be something that hits 3G. I guarantee AT&T is the culprit in this one. God how much I despise AT&T.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Yep, but that will be part of the "fine print". However, I guarantee that after much affair and time passing it will be something that hits 3G. I guarantee AT&T is the culprit in this one. God how much I despise AT&T.
    one of the main reasons y my family has stuck with sprint for years, and even if we did have at&t i wouldnt own an iphone, not an apple guy
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  20. #60  
    I think most major cities have wifi that's not gonna be a big deal







    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah the only problem with facetime is it works on wifi, cool if u have wifi wherever u go but many ppl dont so they swood

    Update: and i understand its for only at&t users
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions