Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Daring Fireball: 'First to Do It' vs. 'First to Do It Right'

Though this guy is an apple nut, i do agree with it for the most part.

The Evo does have HD recording, but its crap.

The Evo does have a front facing camera and a couple of 3rd party apps, if you can use it.

Does have hdmi out, if you can use it.

Does have a wifi hotspot app, if you don't mind killing the battery in less than an hour. (i'd still take it on the iphone though)

Can multitask if you don't mind downloading 3rd party apps to help manage it.

And on we go.

What's the point in having this advanced hardware if they're poorly implemented or rely on apps like Qik?

Palm depends on 3rd party apps a lot too in providing media sync or outlook syncing. But i hope they've figured out that they need to do some of it themselves.
    Well, try to use stock Palm without patches and homebrew... Let see how far will you go? Open bunch of cards with some apps? And that it? (No overclocking - mind you...)
    actually it's not about need. I break out my Pre and check to see if the update has hit yet, and it just seems so small. Looking at things on it make it seem tiny. You just get accustomed to the size. Even with the phone itself, I don't even think it huge anymore. It just seems to fit. Have an extremely thin case on it, and it sits in the pocket just fine.

And one thing with the Engadget review on the new iPhone, they even complained about a lack of widgets, and at this stage of the game they should have something when the competition has got it down. Don't think they were talking about webOS here. Though on the notification side they could be. I hope 1.5 brings some widget like functionality to the wallpaper. Having my agenda back on my home screen, I'd have a hard time going back to webOS now. Found out how convenient it is to have that at a "glance".
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    With regard of the big screen. You don't need big screen when using e-mail or textings, or looking on some apps (like Flight View), also big screen is not a factor when streaming music. However, when using internet, i.e browsing, watching video or movie, playing game, editing document - big screen is a mast. That is where Pam made mistake with Pre.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    actually it's not about need. I break out my Pre and check to see if the update has hit yet, and it just seems so small. Looking at things on it make it seem tiny. You just get accustomed to the size. Even with the phone itself, I don't even think it huge anymore. It just seems to fit. Have an extremely thin case on it, and it sits in the pocket just fine.

And one thing with the Engadget review on the new iPhone, they even complained about a lack of widgets, and at this stage of the game they should have something when the competition has got it down. Don't think they were talking about webOS here. Though on the notification side they could be. I hope 1.5 brings some widget like functionality to the wallpaper. Having my agenda back on my home screen, I'd have a hard time going back to webOS now. Found out how convenient it is to have that at a "glance".
    What agenda exactly ?
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    ... But, I can't use a phone that is the size of two dinner plates. The "phone" is more tablet sized. Too big. ...
    Bull. This is an outright exaggeration. The EVO is not any longer than a Pre that has been been opened to reveal the keyboard. The EVO is somewhat wider, but not by much. The open Pre is actually a bit longer than the EVO. Have to love all the Fanb*y hyperbole around here.
    I set it up on my home screen. It can take on many variations for size in regards to rows and columns it takes up. So when I unlock my screen it's always there. And I can still fit up to 8 more icons of programs or shortcuts too.

With the Pre I have a blank screen and four icons and have to utilize one for agenda, and the formatting on that app stinks for people that want as much info at a glance. A simple setting for touch friendly or not could solve that for formatting. So I don't find that app too useful on the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-usp45 View Post
    What agenda exactly ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I set it up on my home screen. It can take on many variations for size in regards to rows and columns it takes up. So when I unlock my screen it's always there. And I can still fit up to 8 more icons of programs or shortcuts too.

With the Pre I have a blank screen and four icons and have to utilize one for agenda, and the formatting on that app stinks for people that want as much info at a glance. A simple setting for touch friendly or not could solve that for formatting. So I don't find that app too useful on the Pre.
    I am using executive assistant, what is yours? ProCal ?
    That's PureCal. It's a paid app, but there's also CalWidget. That's free, but about 90% when it comes to aesthetics. PureCal has a few more customizations.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12