Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    LOLOL. I mean, really? The vast majority of people "wallpapering the forums" now are bitter zealots who rejoice in any bad news about the Evo so that "jumpers" or "traitors" to WebOS and Palm can be "punished".
    Bitter Zealots?

Let me see if I can break this down for you...

1) Precentral has been under siege since February by pure non-sensical EVO worship. Constant abnoxious hype about a phone that wasn't even released yet was dubbed as the Messiah of phones.

Search the forums, headlines, and comments for the last three to four months it's all there. EVO mania!

You couldn't read a story w/o hearing a bunch of ignorant rants, threats to switch, the proclamation of the death of Palm, and the amazing heavenly virtues of the EVO!

2) As a result of this many Palm enthusiasts are understandibly fed up and quite frankly sick of hearing about this fckuing phone! We come here to find out the latest news on WebOS and Palm, to get the most out of our devices, and to trouble shoot. Most of us put up with imperfect and dated hardware and the 3/4's baked OS because the potential is exciting and the experience is unlike any other mobile platform. We're attached. Not because our Palm devices are the fastest, or newest, or fanciest but because to us it has character and dare I say it...personality?
    The worst fear of a Palm fan: That WebOS disappears forever and we never get to see it achieve the glimpses of greatness it has given us.

If you are a true Palm fan the last six months have been a rollercoaster ride: from the botched Verizon launch, *to the stock crash, to the HP buyout, to the CEO claiming HP didn't purchase Palm to be in the smartphone market! *Our worst fear has looked like a very real possibility.

Enter EVOnation's infestation of Precentral and the pointless complaining, bashing, threat making and superiority claims! Every bit of good news we receive is met by 12 a$$holes saying, "Too little too late. EVO here I come!...Already pre-ordered the EVO!...Palm's dead, EVO is where it's at!...All I can say is new hardware better come quick or EVO here I come!"

Do you honestly expect us to grin and welcome the EVO to the market? Heck no! *

We want that oversized brick judged by the same standard with which it's worshippers measured the Pre! Perfection.

If you're an EVO fan that's fine. For the time being your team is better than mine...it may always be. I can't argue specs w/ you, I can't argue apps, or feautures. I love my Pre not because it's the best but because it's a Pre! But don't think I won't rejoice at the growing consensus that the "Messiah" is just another phone w/ it's own set of flaws and issues and don't think I won't rub it in the face of every EVO worshipper who arrogantly used the unreleased EVO as a response to every flaw Palm had or has!

Check the forums. In my mind this is the best mobile community on the planet! *Overall we are very respectful of the competition, admire and sometimes even envy their technologies and features. You don't see us talking crap about the Nexus One, or Motorola Droid, iPhone(Ok maybe a little there), or even the HTC Hero. *Why? They weren't shoved down our throats!

Now the EVO? Fck that pecie of siht!

I understand the desire to switch. I don't wish any "punishment" upon you and even hope one day you come to your senses and return to the light(j/k).

Switching does not a "traitor" make?

A "traitor" is someone who arrogantly uses the EVO to rain on any piece of Palm news that is posted on Precentral and is constantly looking to rub in the fact that, for the time being, Android is in the spot we wish Palm was in...top mobile platform contender.

If I never saw another post, comment, or headline about how magnificent the EVO is or was from one of these "traitors" on Precentral again I would be happy indeed!
    Last edited by ethic3; 06/17/2010 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch View Post
    Gizmodo has a serious axe to grind with Apple after they tried to extort them for the iPhone 4 prototype.

Yet, "bloggers" get credibility when they agree with you? (Earlier in this forum, they were all dismissed)
    it's not about credibility.

everyone has something to say. at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who says what about a phone that you are using.

you people who listen to "blogggers" like they know exactly what your needs are, are too sad lol
    I agree that there has been alot of EVO talk here but its also here ( or the mods move it) in the "Other Device" forums. if you dont want to see EVO talk you just have to avoid the Other Devices forums. Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    You're asking if the guy who wrote and did the MacWorld 2009 keynote is biased?

The thing I find so funny about this is that if people would read a David Pogue (NYT) or Walt Mossberg (WSJ) Apple review then they'd call them Apple Shills for the amount of Jobs-kissing they give. But some people are so desperate to put down the EVO that they're now accepting a David Pogue review to be "fact".

"Journalists" like Pogue and Mossberg are exactly why Steve Jobs hates bloggers. Engadget/Gizmodo/BGR/P|C arent going to pull punches when it comes to judging Apple products so Jobs doesn't have the ability to corral them the way he does with his buddies in the major news channels. So despite me being an Apple fan, I dont take anything said by these guys as anything but subliminal ads for Apple.
    Thanks! I couldn't place it, but I vaguely remembered he was an iPhone user.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    ethic3, you're taking this all too seriously, along with some others. On both sides. Phones are not religion, but you wouldn't know that around here, lol.

People are excited because the Evo seems innovative, unfortunately more so than Palm at this time(lets hope that changes ASAP). The honeymoon phase will wear off eventually. Tech geeks simply get giddy over their new devices(me included )

And if you think the Evo love is bad, wait in a few more days for the phone that can do no wrong even though it's always late releasing firmware functions that everyone else had years before. You'll be begging for Evo lovers then, lol!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    i mean there's always going to be something newer and better. that's why we have yearly upgrades. if I stayed with the pre for one year i sure as hell can stay with the EVO lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12