Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Exclusive: Motorola Droid X preview -- Engadget

ot interested in waiting until the 23rd for Verizon's big announcement? Don't worry, we've got you covered right now! The Motorola Droid X has probably been one of the worst kept smartphone secrets in recent memory, but after spending two hours with the phone we sort of see why. In short, it's pretty awesome. Call it a superphone or a mega-smartphone, but the 4.4-inch handset is absolutely Verizon / Motorola's answer to the HTC EVO 4G, and makes the Droid Incredible look like a bench warmer. What do we mean? We'll let you see for yourself just after the break in a breakdown of exactly what this phone is all about -- and in a video or three of it in action. Oh, and on your way down, make sure to feast your eyes on the gallery, too.
    Evo= big+beautiful

Droid X= big+ugly!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Evo= big+beautiful

Droid X= big+ugly!!!
    ...so "bugly" then??

Don't hate koolkid09, Motorola makes solid working phones for the most part.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Don't hate koolkid09, Motorola makes solid working phones for the most part.
    They do, but that bulge where the camera is, is just terrible.
  6.    #6  
    I work with Motorola ( or symbol as we still call them) and there stuff is top notch.
    My buddy works for Motorola. They do make some solid hardware.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    note to Palm, Motorola, HTC, etc.

STOP making shiny fingerprint magnets. Anything outside of the touchscreen should be a matte finish...
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Yeah, I don't like the bulgy bit for the camera. In a couple of the photos the bulge makes it look like a TV remote. Motorola makes a solid device. So I'm sure it will function well. I like the touch sensative buttons on the EVO better. HDMI output on the EVO is sweet as well.
    Holy sh!t that's a Zack Morris phone.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Bugly!

i hope palm goes the Apple way... not necessarily a big screen but a more dense pixel display...

i dont think Ruby will make a device as HUGE as these, except if its more of a tablet form factor.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    FYI, the evo is big and the droid X is just bigger, have you seen the dell streak? It's bigger then both of those.....you better hurry and go get one!!!
    Dell Streak isn't marketed as a phone however.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    If I wanted an Ipad I would go out and buy one. What is it with all these huge phones I thought a phone was suppossed to be small enough to fit in my pocket. I'll pass just like I did with EVO.
    Evo doesn't fit in your pockets? Interesting pants ya got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    They do, but that bulge where the camera is, is just terrible.
    Actually I find that part rather intriguing.
    It's like a built in stand when laying it flat. Like remote controls.

That said, if things keep going this way for smartphones, where they all get giant and flat like the Evo, then the new phone with WebOS we all want should be outstanding.

Samsung Fascinate Rooted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Evo doesn't fit in your pockets? Interesting pants ya got there.
    Sure it fits in your pocket.. so long as you walk straight and don't bend over.
  18.    #18  
    Evo fits fine in a pocket due to how thin it is. For me it fits better then my Pre only because the Pre was fatter ( not fat just fatter) . Made a bulge in my pants ,then again that was not such a bad thing. That pre in your pocket or you happy to see me ... the PRe was extremly pocketable and so is the EVO. Now my Tro 650 was a little brick and that antaneaa . now that was hard to pocket and My Visor with Handrping phone attachment , I needed a suitcase for that.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/17/2010 at 12:08 PM.
    Its just silly people pretend the EVO is some monster. Its big length wise but its very thin. As Vacc said the Pre probably puts a more noticeable bulge in your pocket.

Its fine if you don't want to use that size phone but people need to stop acting like its not pocket friendly.
    I love how they say the two phones (EVO and Droid 2) are totally different. The differences mentioned?

- .1 inch screen difference

- Physical buttons.

Wow. Oh well, like I have said many times, to each his own. Buy what works for you.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast