Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.androidcentral.com/att-announces-htc-aria

At&t delivers another less than stellar droid.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 06/14/2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Fixed Link
    - Please tell me you are not surprised....

I know I am no Oracle or anything, but I pointed out all year that the iPhone wasn't going anywhere else for a while and that both Apple and ATT are happy with their arrangement. I think that ATT really couldn't care less about other products other than to fill in the gaps between dumb phones and smartphones.

The only phone that rivals the iPhone on ATT is the Pre. If you have been into an ATT store lately, you likely will get blank stares when you tell them you want a Pre instead of an iPhone.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 06/14/2010 at 11:27 AM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

I'm not surprised.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  4.    #4  
    Do you believe me now, Trinity?
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #5  
    Droid needs to come out with a Unlocked explosive specs Device similar to the Nexus but call it NEO!
    It would save us At&t'ers from being enslaved to the Apple.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    http://www.androidcentral.com/att-announces-htc-aria

At&t delivers another less than stellar droid.
    It's welcome though, compared to the Backflip still running old Android.

AT&T is really dumb to keep putting all it's eggs in one basket though, unless they managed to gain a long extension or something.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #7  
    The 7.2 HSPA was nice to see on it.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Droid needs to come out with a Unlocked explosive specs Device similar to the Nexus but call it NEO!
    It would save us At&t'ers from being enslaved to the Apple.
    Motorola makes the Milestone(GSM Droid), but I don't think they sell it unlocked for the US. Would be nice if they did though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    It's welcome though, compared to the Backflip still running old Android.

AT&T is really dumb to keep putting all it's eggs in one basket though, unless they managed to gain a long extension or something.
    I'm sure Apple has something to say about which baskets AT&T can put its eggs in. But look at their subscriptions added, smartphone ARPU, and pure retail sales....you'd agree to whatever it took to maintain that too if you were the CEO and/or management.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    You can't deny it has worked for them though. For the AT&T shareholders' sake they better have a plan of action once exclusivity ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I'm sure Apple has something to say about which baskets AT&T can put its eggs in. But look at their subscriptions added, smartphone ARPU, and pure retail sales....you'd agree to whatever it took to maintain that too if you were the CEO and/or management.
    But they look like a carrier that has only one or two good phones. And no good Androids compared to all other US carriers. This phone should have been released instead of the Backflip(or alongside) so they could at least look like they're trying to be well rounded with good phones. Verizon used to be sucky, now they have the best smartphones, despite what AT&T's marketing says.

Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    You can't deny it has worked for them though. For the AT&T shareholders' sake they better have a plan of action once exclusivity ends.
    That's why I said they'd better have a long contract extension because when the iPhone goes multi US carrier,

They're relying all on the iPhone, but neglect the rest of the line-up badly.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    That's why I said they'd better have a long contract extension because when the iPhone goes multi US carrier,

They're relying all on the iPhone, but neglect the rest of the line-up badly.
    Or they can have a short time left of exclusivity and have some fully open Android phones available to go within a week or so of the exclusivity ending. During exclusivity it wouldn't be surprising to see that AT&T not even advertise any new fully open Android sets.
    I couldve seen this coming from a mile away. But AT&T was due for this handset. AT&T is at a point where they don't even have to worry about what other alternatives they really offer, because of the IPhone alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Or they can have a short time left of exclusivity and have some fully open Android phones available to go within a week or so of the exclusivity ending. During exclusivity it wouldn't be surprising to see that AT&T not even advertise any new fully open Android sets.
    That'd be a good thing if they have lots of Android phones coming! They claim they did, but we don't really see much. Backflip is a fair phone, but I think it actually may be considered a flop. The Aero looks sucky in photos. This HTC at least has better specs, even if not Droid Incredible caliber. But AT&T really needs a Droid or Incredible variant. It isn't a budget carrier like T-Mobile so their Android line-up(more like lack of) is just a joke.

blah !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    That'd be a good thing if they have lots of Android phones coming! They claim they did, but we don't really see much. Backflip is a fair phone, but I think it actually may be considered a flop. The Aero looks sucky in photos. This HTC at least has better specs, even if not Droid Incredible caliber. But AT&T really needs a Droid or Incredible variant. It isn't a budget carrier like T-Mobile so their Android line-up(more like lack of) is just a joke.
    Isn't the Nexus One available as well?

The Backflip looked dumb ever since info was posted about it.

But really, if i was HTC looking to dump my latest premium slab device on a carrier, AT&T wouldn't be my first choice. This really may have to do more with who wants to compete with the iphone right now.

This may be why we're seeing HTC with mid range versions fishing for a niche on AT&T. Or why RIM has no problem offering their latest Bold which isn't really marketed to the iphone crowd.

But i'm guessing we'll see something soon. That Dell Streak has to go somewhere. Galaxy. More HTC's. And others.
    Nexus One is independent of AT&T at this time. Although Google said they wanted to work with carriers. But considering how AT&T treats Android, that's a good thing.

19.    #19  
    At&t locked the Aria down.

http://www.androidcentral.com/att-lo...oid-market-too

http://m.androidcentral.com/att-lock...oid-market-too

And no pogey,
    I'm not surprised.

NOOOO! BASS TERDSSSSS!
    Just call me Berd.
    Lets see if these basssstterrds can do 90.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast