Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    As long as your glass has a chomped on fruit on it you should be good to go on the rock throwing....

My work EVO doesn't have any issues on build. If have near the luck with the EVO as my personal Pre, then I am not too worried. I only don't have my lauch day Pre because I left it on the roof of my car and drove off. lol.
    Arggh! Say it ain't so!!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Awesome words, but wasted on the immature and zealous who treat this as if someone picking another device that suits their particular needs better is "betraying" the Palm home team.

Newsflash: This isn't sports, and no one was born in a town called Palm. Everyone had a device from someone else before they had a Pre. Let people enjoy the best device for them.
    Well Said Sir!!! You are dead on correct. Folks, we just buy 'em, we don't make them. No need to get that wound up about a PHONE. It doesn't reflect on you man or womanhood, or your intelligence. It's just a preference.

C
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Arggh! Say it ain't so!!
    The worst part of it is that when I retraced my trip, I couldn't find it. Thought about creating the Tomb of the Unkown Pre.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Whether the issue is widespread or not, you got to feel sorry for sprint. They're trying so hard to have a phone that will draw in customers but this will just lead to more support calls and complaints.
    To find out, we need the percentage of returns and exchanges. Maybe by mid-summer, we'll know just how well the Evo truly is or isn't doing.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have been saying that for weeks. The EVO cant be a sucess until we see if people return it in 30 dayz and what it the rate of exchanges.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    To find out, we need the percentage of returns and exchanges. Maybe by mid-summer, we'll know just how well the Evo truly is or isn't doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesus52 View Post
    I have the Evo and have slight light leakage at the bottom, but I can live with that till next year. God knows I lived with my fifth pre, screen discoloration, radios not working,keyboard not working....

if you have light leakage, the screen will probably lift, take it back and change it out.

the biggest problem the pre has faced is the internet. Most people will take the time to post endless harsh criticisms of any product, but very few will take the time to race endlessly about how good something is when they are happy w/ it. All you see is negativity & problems when looking for info on a product.
    Not saying there weren't problems with the Pre, obviously there were. I don't think the issues w/ the Pre were/are as bad as most people think, after all, Palm sold MILLIONS of these phones.
    My Pre, as well as most I would expect, has had no problems. Yes it has some oreo, so do most slider phones. My phone has been hacked, patched, tweaked, themed, etc., as well as treated roughly. Dropped it 7 feet onto concrete, when I grabbed it the screen was flashing colors & random jibberish. A battery pull fixed it, and no nothing cracked or broke. Dropped it once walking down th hall at work & bounced it of my boot, bouncing & sliding 10-12 ft on stone tile. Scratched it up some, but still in one piece & working well, and this is one of the 'junk' release day Sprint phones.

people have every right to get on the 'net & complain, just remember that this is the majority of what you see online. This doesn't mean it's the majority of phones in consumer's hands, though.
    To be honest, I don't think this many TC/PC people would have jumped on Evo had Palm not screwed up the Sprint Pre. Obviously there's always the gadget hounds who must try something new(I fall into that group ), but it seems to me many left because the Pre failed them. Not exactly because they wanted to try something new but because they needed a good phone that worked.

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    definetly no issues on my screen, i had a screen protecter on it for a bit, then found it was better to leave it off, the thing may shatter if treated poorly but it cant be scratched lol
  9.    #49  
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac8995 View Post
    if you have light leakage, the screen will probably lift, take it back and change it out.

the biggest problem the pre has faced is the internet. Most people will take the time to post endless harsh criticisms of any product, but very few will take the time to race endlessly about how good something is when they are happy w/ it. All you see is negativity & problems when looking for info on a product.
    Not saying there weren't problems with the Pre, obviously there were. I don't think the issues w/ the Pre were/are as bad as most people think, after all, Palm sold MILLIONS of these phones.
    When did that happen? Last time I checked, the sellthrough numbers for every quarter the Pre and/or Pixi was on sale added to a total of around 1.5 million, which doesn't account for returns, of which there were and continue to be many.

And I think we've seen that the perception is, indeed, reality.
    I just wanted to throw my two cents out there that I think its funny that the Evo amongst the screen problem is having a touch interface problems now too. GO PALM!
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    It works if you lay it flat down on the table.
    Well, after all, it's mass produced and made in China....actually, so is the iphone.

Lucky for me, my Evo doesn't have any issues.

For the record, my 1st Pre had major screen blotchiness, the 2nd Pre was tolerable, the blotchiness would show up after extended YouTube viewing and aside from that it really only had a mild case of the Oreos.
    So...the EJ's (EVO jumpers) get to talk sh!t about there leaving the Pre because of the "hardware issues" (b/c 95% of them said WebOS was better) and that the Pre hw "sucks" and whatever else, but yet when their "mighty" EVO has an achilies heel (or several now) that we can't return the favor? Not...

"EVO hw sucks, it's all about BUILD QUALITY™"

lol. (so bite me. )
    And I thought I was childish, lol!

And I thought I was childish, lol!
    "Age is a high price to pay for maturity. If we can't stay young, we can at least stay immature!"

lol.
    and the mighty evo strikes out.... Poor hardware+really poor(clunky) os = FAIL
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    "Age is a high price to pay for maturity. If we can't stay young, we can at least stay immature!"

lol.
    just keep it nice and clean in an immature and childish way please
    ĦṔ-ḶøØṫ-ŦḯØη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    What we do know is that the iPhone 4 sales coming up in a few days will slaughter the evos sales even more so than the iPad did.
    I have yet to have issues with either of my pre's. I went with pre back way when instead of the hero because my touch pro 2 was junk. I had 11 of them. Screen separation, keyboard failure, etc. HTC really makes some nice looking devices as cheaply as they can. I surprised they all don't get lead paint jobs.
    Palm IIIe -> Palm m100 -> Palm 700p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre ->HTC Evo
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast