Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    There MUST be something totally off-kilter somewhere... the consumption you're describing makes no sense!

Is the phone being left on the dash of your car (in Death Valley)..
    Has it been plugged into a coffee machine, and is powering the darn thing?

Asides from the activities and battery life I mentioned in an earlier post (EP?), my email is sync'ing to 2 accounts with "Get email" set to "As items arrive"...

I play Solitaire while... , well, in the the morning for at least 15 - 20 mins

I'm pretty close to obsessive about powering up the display to check for emails and the time - probably 30 - 50 times a day, and the worst I've ever had is the phone close to dying on me before I go to bed.

NEWS: Just got a Mugen 1400mAh battery yesterday. Charged it overnight, and (as per instructions) have NOT charged it at all today. I'm sitting here at 7:30 p.m. with 57% battery left (tho' I must admit today was a light-usage day).

Have you tried any other batteries?

russ
    "She canna go any aftser, Cap'in... (your battery, that is)

I wonder how many people even know where it came from(title) and who your it (title) references . Lol I know !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Wife has a Droid, brother an Incredible. Her battery life is significantly better than his, and a little better than a Pre...but after playing with hers, setting it up, and using it for a few days, I'm not interested in an Android phone. The email client is miserable and I like the small keyboard, the multitasking is much better, and I'm just hoping for some new hardware because WebOS kicks Android's rear.
    FWIW, many people have experienced worse battery drain while underclocking at 125-250mhz. Whether it be using the conservative, ondemand, or screen state governors. Also, if you are using the stable version of uberkernel then the screen state governor won't go below 500mhz with the screen off.

Be sure you've made sure to disable any background processes you don't want such as Facebook notifications, im accounts, weather apps, etc... Disable wifi, bluetooth, gps. Turn down the screen brightness and auto off settings. Try using ModeSwitcher to setup profiles that you can toggle to save battery life. For example, I have a power savings profile that disables my data connection and other settings for maximum battery performance. Then another profile that toggles it back on. Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Today I left my house at around 6 AM for work and used my Pre to check email, sent a few texts and made and received a few phone calls, I would classify as light use. I just got home and checked and my battery was at 63%. I am using a Mugen 1400 battery which is supposed to add a couple of hours and overall I am really happy with the battery life on my Pre. I am running the Govnah/Uber-Kernel set on conservative and email set to check every 15 min. and GPS and wifi on. I am on the Sprint network in SoCal and the reception is good pretty much where ever I go. It's kinda of strange how your phones go through so much battery.
    Setting your email to 'as items arrive' uses less battery than polling every 15 minutes. Usually 'as items arrives' is more efficient than polling < every hour since it's using the IDLE command.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    FWIW, many people have experienced worse battery drain while underclocking at 125-250mhz. Whether it be using the conservative, ondemand, or screen state governors. Also, if you are using the stable version of uberkernel then the screen state governor won't go below 500mhz with the screen off.

Be sure you've made sure to disable any background processes you don't want such as Facebook notifications, im accounts, weather apps, etc... Disable wifi, bluetooth, gps. Turn down the screen brightness and auto off settings. Try using ModeSwitcher to setup profiles that you can toggle to save battery life. For example, I have a power savings profile that disables my data connection and other settings for maximum battery performance. Then another profile that toggles it back on. Hope this helps!
    All great advice, but I still don't get it where this guy/gal's battery life is going! In addition to the activities I posted earlier, I made a point of remembering my Palm activeities today (er... didn't really mean to come out that way...)

Anyways, I spent 1/2 hour paying solitaire waiting for lunch, did the ol' "Feed Update" on Preware, uninstalled a couple of calendar patches, installed UberCalendar (nice, but a bit slow generating weekly view), plus all my usual emails, etc.

My BRAND NEW (only been through 1 charging) cycle Mugen 1400mAh battery is still at 60% at almost 5:00 p.m (10 hours on).... and I'm expecting it to get better after the first 3-to-5 complete charging cycles. So while it DOES seem to be a nice battery, the incremental improvemt to 1,400mAh should not explain a 4-fold improvement in battery life relative to the OP's.

russ
    p.s. The Mugen seems to be kicking the tusch of the Seidio 1350 quite thoroughly, BTW!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12