Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'm not a huge technogeek- but everything I read tells me Palm developers are jumping ship and consumers aren't impressed with their offering either. I'm a heavy user-about 4 gigabytes a month- and I like palm because it's the closest thing to an iphone and it syncs better than blackberries do with BIS corporate svc (i can't to BES.

Can you folks in the know give me some good support to encourage me to stay and not trade this for a Hero? I'm afraid that in just a few months this phone will only be worth $50- it's craigslist street value definitelty appears to be dropping.
    i would wait it out for the new phone to come out later this year . well that's what im doing then i might even wait for other people to test out the phone this time to see how the hardware and stuff works out .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Palm developers aren't jumping ship.... Actually, with HP now getting involved, the expansion of webOS beyond just smartphones and into tablets, and other electronics, you will see a huge growth in the number of devs who start working with webOS.

The next couple of months may be a bit quiet as far as any news about new webOS devices and developer relations info due to legal restraints until the HP purchase finalizes (they can't talk about that stuff because it would impact stocks/investors)... but you are definitely going to see a large number of devs jump on-board in the next quarter. At least that's my 2 cents!
    I have a friend with a hero and that phone does not even compare with a Palm Pre. Its terrible. The evo obviously wins on the hardware because its a brand new phone but WEBOS > Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i would wait it out for the new phone to come out later this year . well that's what im doing then i might even wait for other people to test out the phone this time to see how the hardware and stuff works out .
    Don't mean to jack this thread, but how did you get those little red phone icons under your name?
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Don't mean to jack this thread, but how did you get those little red phone icons under your name?
    for every 1000 posts you get a phone added under your name . if you look through the threads where ever you see , like someone with over 2000 posts they will have 2 yellow phones , if you get up too 5000 you will get the 5 red phones.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Ta da! I have a green one

I would keep the phone IMO.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    If you're going to sell your Pre at least get something more recent. The Hero is an old phone at this point.
    good lord, A HERO
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I should explain.....as far as even trades go...I'd have a much better chance of getting a hero than moment. I've had every blackberry before. Even if I could trade even for the moment- I don't like the large keyboard.
    I'm not sure if anyone can really talk you out of anything, but it boils down to getting the phone you want and feel like you will enjoy. If that happens to be a Moment right now, get it. It's not about anything except your enjoyment with a product. No matter what you get, you are always welcome to join in the discussions at P|C.
    Every so often some nutcase comes on here wanting to trade a Droid for Pre....give it time...
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    If anything, the Pre should rise in value in a few years, seeing as it's the last Indie Palm product. Lots of collectors will want one.

That's what I want to think at least.
    I got the first palm PDa , the handspring one which like the pre is a classic and the company is gone etc. There worth squat. the Pre like any phone will be worth squat. Phones are not comic books or baseball cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    When Palm releases a new platform, I will more than happy to test it out for you
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I got the first palm PDa , the handspring one which like the pre is a classic and the company is gone etc. There worth squat. the Pre like any phone will be worth squat. Phones are not comic books or baseball cards.
    Check out the price of computer classics like the Macintosh 128k, Apple II, Altair....

Gradually portable computers will start entering these price ranges. Maybe not the original pioneers (who the hell wants an ENIAC, same deal, who wants a Pilot) but the actual "revolutionary" stuff like the Treo, iPhone 2G, and let's hope the Pre.

As more and more Pres start dying (I'm talking 10-20 years here) they will become harder to find. And some hardcore collectors will want them.
    Last edited by ugriffin; 06/13/2010 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Adding more stuff.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Also- what about Flash??? I hope Adobe develops it for Palm, but I am having my doubts.
    Hero or Pre might be a tough call.

I had both and both were a love/hate relationship. This is really going to come down to personal preference. That being said...

Edit: The Pre is only close if you are using Preware/hombrews and patches. Which I am assuming you are, if you are posting here. Without that I would go with the Hero.
    Last edited by gmanvbva; 06/17/2010 at 03:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    So I picked up a used hero this week ( I bought it low and hope to resell it)- there are some sure things that I like about it over my pre:
    ** Has flash
    ** Has louder volume on apps like TV, Pandora
    ** When viewing Sprint TV and you switch to Phone or hit menu button- You can choose TV again and it will take you where you left off.
    ** Expanded Google Apps - Voice and Maps (w/ Street View)

These alone are huge plus's over Pre

But then there's that keyboard (or lack thereof)- that really bites.