Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    EVO battery life sounds worse than the Pre....

The one dealbreaking reason you shouldn't buy an HTC Evo 4G | DVICE

Sure, the HTC Evo 4G smartphone has a bigger screen than the iPhone 4, it's completely sold out, and people were even waiting in line for it. It's running the mighty Android operating system, rocks super-fast WiMax mobile broadband, and is the most technologically advanced phone on the planet right now. Reading the initial reviews, we were all lusting after one. But then I heard one reason, the dealbreaker, the one factor that completely and immediately convinced me to forget about the HTC Evo, even with all its wondrous glories.

It's the battery life, stupid. We trust tech maven Michael Arrington, and this one sentence he wrote this morning completely turned us off to the HTC Evo 4G:

"This device routinely runs out of power while sitting on standby overnight next to my bed."
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 06/10/2010 at 11:51 AM.
    I thought palm pre have the worst batt life,according to some people on here.
    Some other common EVO complaints have been:
    - WIFI speeds
    - WIFI range
    - Random resets
    - Closing apps is not so easy (some just keep running in the background)

And... check out this thread from androidcentral.com http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...iss-webos.html
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    There is no phone worse then the pre's battery life. Like the author of that post you linked I HAVE to have a charger at the office, in my car, and touchstone at home just keep my PRE going all day long.

Big deal if I have to do the same for the evo...

Don't bash EVO users just because they were fed up with the pre and moved on the bigger and better things in their opinions..
    My EVO battery life is no worse than my Pre.
    Another complaint is the Graphics processor is not up to snuff, does not play 3D games very well

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...-palm-pre.html
    Last edited by netwrkr9; 06/10/2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Update
    I would expect the powerhouse the Evo is to demand more battery drain.

I don't think it's a victory for the Pre by any means.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelst View Post
    There is no phone worse then the pre's battery life. Like the author of that post you linked I HAVE to have a charger at the office, in my car, and touchstone at home just keep my PRE going all day long.

Don't bash EVO users just because they were fed up with the pre and moved on the bigger and better things in their opinions..
    From what I've been reading is that people use the Palm Pre device more than other devices. I've found that to be my experience in that I use my Pre about 5 times more than my previous devices and even more than my step-son uses his iPhone.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    come on guys we have to be real and if you have the wimax pls must have to know that it's batt life is totally sucks cause two of my friends got the wimax and they came back again for the pre lol and yes I know is fast and bla bla bla but there is no better one then WEB OS and there is no fcking way to pay $10 xtra for no reason or something that is not avalible in many other states like NY and you know what actually funny that most of wimax users don't know yet that 4G data is not avalible in NY and they keep thinking and saying yaaaa I'm running 4G data lol and I tell them show me that you actually running 4G data they just don't even know where or how they actually know what data they running now lol. WEB OS TILL IT DIE I'll BE WAITTING FOR THE C40
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    From what I've been reading is that people use the Palm Pre device more than other devices. I've found that to be my experience in that I use my Pre about 5 times more than my previous devices and even more than my step-son uses his iPhone.
    I used my Pre a lot. I use my EVO more because I can do more with it. I still get better battery life out of the EVO (I can go all day with moderate use). You guys have to remember that it has a substantially bigger battery. For how much I use either, I'm mostly ok with the battery life. It's the nature of the smartphone. Over time, I think it'll get better for all smartphones.
    Last edited by oddlou; 06/10/2010 at 12:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    You may have just hit the nail on the head.
    I use my Pre more than I used other phones. There are times now that I may not even take a laptop with me and instead use the Pre. On days where I use the Pre less more as a phone, email and some browsing the web I can get a full day out of the battery.
    Also noticing that Apps that have the advertising banners at the bottom of the screen seem to really drain the battery. Anyone else see this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelst View Post

I'm not sure Pre's the winner for bad battery life. The Motorola Backflip has horrible battery life too. Now that's pitiful because that doesn't even have advanced features. iPhone 3G doesn't exactly have stellar battery life either once you start using, it, stand-by is fine.

Now the Evo has a huge screen, 4G and is thin. Plus people might be testing out video, camera, etc. and using the phone more but not realizing it. I'm not surprised in that case. Some firmware updates may be in order to answer some of the problems though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    double post.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Also the color depth of the EVO screen is 65,536, compared to 16,777,216 for the Pre, but then again the EVO has many more pixels to display. I don't know if that affects battery life.

I find the size comparison really depends on the person. In an interview I met a guy who is 6' 9". His hands are 50% larger than mine (I'm only 5' 8"). While I love the form factor of the Pre because it fits nicely in my hand and pocket, the Pre was too small for him. Form factor size is a subjective experience.
    Question for everyone on this thread...

Whats the point of posting on precentral a link to another site complaining about the battery life of another phone when it is clearly not even an issue the OP has?

It really is sad to come on here and see more people hating on other phones (a lot of times not even out of personal experience/issue) than loving their own...
    Im having no issues really considering battery life on the EVO. I agree the 3d games are crap as of now but the EVO can last a few hours more then the PRE which has awful battery life. Honestly most phones have awful battery life. if you base your opinion on battery life you should buy a Black Berry as there battery life is better then most. But the PRE would be at the bottom of any list if its battery life. The EVO would be in the bottom half also but the battery on the EVO is not bad. its just not great.
    +1

Makes no sense. and on top of that most smartphones get bad batttery life . its common place and the norm. Even the Iphone folks say they get bad battery life. Batterys have not caught up to the power needed but these cellphones.

Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    Question for everyone on this thread...

Whats the point of posting on precentral a link to another site complaining about the battery life of another phone when it is clearly not even an issue the OP has?

It really is sad to come on here and see more people hating on other phones (a lot of times not even out of personal experience/issue) than loving their own...
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I used my Pre a lot. I use my EVO more because I can do more with it. I still get better battery life out of the EVO (I can go all day with moderate use). You guys have to remember that it has a substantially bigger battery. For how much I use either, I'm mostly ok with the battery life. It's the nature of the smartphone. Over time, I think it'll get better for all smartphones.
    Other than easing eye-strain, can you tell us what you can do with your EVO you couldn't do with the Pre? I'd like to know more about what I am "missing out" on here....
    Bashing EVO for bad battery from Pre user, this has to be a joke. Remember guys, Pre got really bad battery life, maybe even worse than EVO. If other Android phone user bashing EVO is legit, but not Pre user.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast