Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    Other than easing eye-strain, can you tell us what you can do with your EVO you couldn't do with the Pre? I'd like to know more about what I am "missing out" on here....
    He could start as simply as naming apps that make use of the camera and mic API.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Bashing EVO for bad battery from Pre user, this has to be a joke. Remember guys, Pre got really bad battery life, maybe even worse than EVO. If other Android phone user bashing EVO is legit, but not Pre user.
    i mean its one thing to bash from personal experience (which is still lame) but to link me to what "he said/she said" is even worse, its just sad.

    and for the person who wants an exhaustive list of what the EVO can do over the pre http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...-official.html

    go there, no one wants to go over this again and again and again. get it or don't. bottom line.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    He could start as simply as naming apps that make use of the camera and mic API.
    That is exactly what I would like to see - some names of apps folks are actually using with their EVO that they couldn't on their Palm device... Voice dialing and other voice-actuated apps? Pairing up with your Mobile hands-free device? How is that stuff going? I already know its "supposed to work" but how is it really going?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    That is exactly what I would like to see - some names of apps folks are actually using with their EVO that they couldn't on their Palm device... Voice dialing and other voice-actuated apps? Pairing up with your Mobile hands-free device? How is that stuff going? I already know its "supposed to work" but how is it really going?
    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...-official.html

    dude. go there. shall i repeat?

    http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...-official.html

    dude... this is about battery life, not APIs

    where are the mods when you need them?
  5. #25  
    Maybe they aint in all threads at all times

    Report the post.
  6. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Bashing EVO for bad battery from Pre user, this has to be a joke. Remember guys, Pre got really bad battery life, maybe even worse than EVO. If other Android phone user bashing EVO is legit, but not Pre user.
    I can't speak for the EVO because, unlike many here, I feel it wouldn't be fair to judge a product I don't even use. But to me then I've learned that "Battery Charging Speed" is more important than "Battery Life".

    The Pre has trained me to charge any time I see an outlet and carry a spare batt when travelling. I have 5 chargers that I'm constantly jumping between but in comparison to my other phones then Pre charging takes 3x longer than everything else. And in the car then GPS use causes the pre to still drain faster than it charges, so a 3hr drive with Pre plugged in can end up with a 50% battery. I really hope this is a unique Pre issue and not one we'll see in other smartphones.
  7. #27  
    <<closed - posts deleted>>

    Wow!

    Do you guys want to try some emotional restraint when discussing these critical issues facing the future of mankind?
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions