Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok been a palm owner since the treo,600, 650, 700, 755, Pre. i havent really seen such a competitive race of mobile tech since i got the pre, its crazy!!! anyway i feel that palm has a real chance to capitalize in the market. They are seeing the EVO, and Iphone4. They have a leg up now, and an importunity to lead the pack . Dont get me wrong I love my pre. I really dont know if i will stay with them any much longer. Im not being unfare. Trust me, i just want the pre2t o do the same that EVO,and Iphone can do. that would be nice if palm can surpass them, but im being level headed. honestly if palm doesnt match up with those 2phone, i really dont know what to do......i love to hear some feed back on your thoughts
    Really, I'd give my thoughts here, but to do so would be terribly redundant as against all of the other threads on precisely the same topic.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  3.    #3  
    it may be redundant to you, but this is how i feel, i havent seen any other threads express my certain concerns, when it comes to the evo and iphone. i would like to know if you guys feel the same way i do. im sorry i havent post over 2g like you, believe it or not i believe everybody thoughts count, no matter how redundant it seems to you
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    it may be redundant to you, but this is how i feel, i havent seen any other threads express my certain concerns, when it comes to the evo and iphone.
    Nobody's faulting your thoughts. Just wondering why you created another thread when there are at least 2-3 that express your exact concerns, and more being created (and merged) every day.
  5.    #5  
    I express my fault yet again, but i have not seen any of them
    I have seen many,,now I see yours and it's blah blah blah,,here we go again,same ?,,different name.
    it may be redundant to you, but this is how i feel, i havent seen any other threads express my certain concerns, when it comes to the evo and iphone. i would like to know if you guys feel the same way i do. im sorry i havent post over 2g like you, believe it or not i believe everybody thoughts count, no matter how redundant it seems to you
    I think the point he was making was that you would post your thoughts in one of the threads on the topic... That way, others are likely to see your thoughts and create the dialog you are hoping for. People tend to gather around larger threads and avoid new threads that would require them to re-post their thoughts, and keep track of multiple threads to see different perspectives on the topic.

So, try posting in one of the threads on this topic and see if you get more interaction:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-ge...g-meeting.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...highlight=step
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...highlight=step
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...highlight=step

...just to name a few. It's better to have a thread where many post their view rather than a new thread for each person's point of view....
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Trust me, i just want the pre2 to do the same that EVO,and Iphone can do.
    Palm will... but one generation late. And that's not a bash, it's just the way things go when you're not the market leader.

Every device has its strengths where they excel and continue to improve, but everything else is playing catch up to the competition. In 2009-10 Android had killer Hardware, iPhone led in Apps, WebOS nailed multitasking. But now that 2010-11 has started then Android/Apple pushed their strengths even further while fixing the issues from last year and both clearly have a next-gen product and a clear vision (not to mention, both poached leaders from the WebOS UI team). Even Ballmer admitted that they missed a product cycle by being late with Phone7, but they clearly have a focus that enables them to make an immediate splash.

But what about WebOS? With all the business restructuring tying their hands for the moment and questionable support from carriers then they may be forced to skip a generation.
    Having had a series of Treo's, Blackberry's and now an Android phone, I can say that the WebOS is the easiest to use.

I also terribly miss my qwerty. The truth is, that the Pre HW never really grew on me, and the OS had too many gaps and lacked critical features I really need.

Short list of what will bring me back.

1. Expandable storage.
    2. Tethering (Why Sprint cant apply the EVO model to the Pre is just crazy.)
    3. Local backup as an option.
    4. Stronger privacy and user access to backup files on Palm servers.
    5. Little things like doing away with Palm Profile or making it easy to move contacts to Google/Yahoo.
    6. I do not want to buy HP hardware so I hope WebOS is licensed to other manufacturers. Having a device with the OS and HW made by the same people = users get screwed.

The reality is, that if a WebOS pad device existed today, I would add the $30 plan to the evo and pay $700 for a non-subsidized WebOS pad.
    Thank you
    Why don't you give examples of what Iphone or Android is doing that WebOS cannot do?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    Why don't you give examples of what Iphone or Android is doing that WebOS cannot do?
    There's so many that it would be considered "bashing".
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    There's so many that it would be considered "bashing".
    Forreal.

No offense to WebOS (i still have my Pre) but both iPhone and Android can do things the Pre can not and i cant' think of anything outside of UI preference that the Pre can do that these phones cannot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    Forreal.

No offense to WebOS (i still have my Pre) but both iPhone and Android can do things the Pre can not and i cant' think of anything outside of UI preference that the Pre can do that these phones cannot.
    here are some:

runs on verizon

physical keyboard

wireless charging

synergy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    here are some:

runs on verizon

physical keyboard

wireless charging

synergy
    Not bashing the Pre at all, but ... The Droid is a verizon exclusive and has a physical keyboard. The Iphone and other devices (not sure about any android devices) have 3rd party wireless charging options. Synergy is cool, but you can do basically the same thing with Android. All of my contacts are linked the same on my Evo and on my Pre, for example.
    Android ( well atleast the Evo ) has synergy and obviously with Google its better becasue Andorid is google. My calendar etc gets updated easily on the EVO , contacts immediatly. . I love WEBOS and have both the Pre and EVO but the evo can do so many more things the the PRE its not a fair fight to compare a new modern phone with 50K apps to a year old phone. the next HP Phone will be comparable I am sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Android ( well atleast the Evo ) has synergy and obviously with Google its better becasue Andorid is google. My calendar etc gets updated easily on the EVO , contacts immediatly. . I love WEBOS and have both the Pre and EVO but the evo can do so many more things the the PRE its not a fair fight to compare a new modern phone with 50K apps to a year old phone. the next HP Phone will be comparable I am sure.
    Please explain the things that you can do with the Evo that you cannot do on the Pre? Thanks....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Video-Calling

Sirius Radio

Shazam

Voice-Dialing, Voice Command, Voice text input (basically almost anything requiring use of the mic)

Swype

Seamless Google Voice use

Visual Voicemail (Gvoice or built-in)

Gmaps Nav (though Sprint Nav is free)

Edit office documents

I'm sure there are things I'm missing, but i've only had the Evo for a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Please explain the things that you can do with the Evo that you cannot do on the Pre? Thanks....
    Flash
    Voice controls
    Google navigation, street view, etc...
    video calls
    4g
    widgets

I'm sure other stuff but can't think of anything else right now.
    Droid does everything including allowing root access by just typing in a konami code! Didn't you know that? *chuckle* Open my ars... hiney...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Well, I don't have an Android phone, but I've been checking things out and some of what I've seen includes:

• Expandable storage (microSD)
    • Video out (HDMI)
    • Voice to Text searches
    • Bar-code and object scanning (i.e. take a pic of something in a store and it automatically looks up the object and adds it to a grocery list database--Grocery King does this.)
    • Street view in Google Maps.
    • Fully customizable home screens with widgets (native, not requiring an app).
    • Office Document editing (native app, not Google Docs)
    • Voice Dialing

Granted, some of these things WOULD be possible on the Pre IF the camera and microphone APIs are available to developers.

While some of the apps available for webOS are generally pretty good, those that are also produced on the iPhone and Android seem to be more robust. Again, that is probably because the SDK on webOS is incomplete and developers can't add all the bells and whistles that the other platforms have.

Not trying to bash. I love webOS's user interface and multitasking prowess. But I also am not blind to the effects of an incomplete development infrastructure.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast