Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Not bashing the Pre at all, but ... The Droid is a verizon exclusive and has a physical keyboard. The Iphone and other devices (not sure about any android devices) have 3rd party wireless charging options. Synergy is cool, but you can do basically the same thing with Android. All of my contacts are linked the same on my Evo and on my Pre, for example.
    who wants to jump in and explain the difference between Droid and Android? LOL this made my day!
    theres a lot I just did not want to get into it as I feel like Im thrashing an old girlfriend.
    I will begin with Video calling ( And I know not everyone uses it but your asking)
    Live Wallpapers
    Widgets
    Google Earth
    Custom Home Page
    Lots of choices. You have different Email programs , different browsers.
    The Speed which is ofcourse faster
    Its heavier than the Pre so I can use it as a weapon
    SD Card so I can do backups to cards and put different multimeadia on different cards
    Voice to text
    Visual Voice
    But and this is a big butttt I really was refering to the APPS. I got apps that run circles around what i had. With Sling Player coming I am in heaven now.

But again I dont want to seem like I am bashing my Pre which I love as I said its like Comparing the EVO in a year with the lastest thing. I am positive in a year the new Andorid phones will BLOW away the EVO. The only phone right now that can compare spec wise is the Iphone 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Please explain the things that you can do with the Evo that you cannot do on the Pre? Thanks....
    heav enough to use as a weapon... That's great! LOL
    LoL. That was a joke. But it is ofcourse bigger and heavier.

If the next pre has the specs as the sources from the other threads say. The next webos device can give the evo and iphone a challenge .

I forgot to add a huge thing I love on Android and its something special that I love like Cards on WEBOS

Folders . The ability to put folders on any of your screens and put all apps in them. Say 1 folder for Games and 1 for Web Pages etc. Love that feature.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 06/10/2010 at 09:41 AM.
    For heavens sake, can't you folks decide for yourself if you want to move to another phone or not. Why start a thread about it. Man up and do what you want. It is not the difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    who wants to jump in and explain the difference between Droid and Android? LOL this made my day!
    I'm well aware of the difference. You might want to work on your reading comprehension. You responded to a question asking what the Pre could do that Android (not specifically the EVO) and the Iphone could not do by listing a physical keyboard and not being on Verizon. I retorted by telling you that the Droid, an Android phone, was a Verizon exclusive and has a keyboard. I wasn't talking about the EVO or Android as an operating system, I was talking about the Droid.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I'm well aware of the difference. You might want to work on your reading comprehension. You responded to a question asking what the Pre could do that Android (not specifically the EVO) and the Iphone could not do by listing a physical keyboard and not being on Verizon. I retorted by telling you that the Droid, an Android phone, was a Verizon exclusive and has a keyboard. I wasn't talking about the EVO or Android as an operating system, I was talking about the Droid.
    LOL! This made my day!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I was thinking about what I'd want in my next phone over what I have in the Pre, and the only thing is Shazam and accurate GPS if I'm traveling with my wife and daughter. Android seems like such a crude and unispiring OS that I would really hate to move to it.

I hope HP can breath some new life into Palm and create a device that can compete with Android on merits, not just on user interface. I have a year to find out though because right now I'm just 2 months into Pre ownership. So I am kind of excited to see what's coming down the line.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12