1.    #1  
    Don't get me wrong, I like my Pre. I like the size and Webos, even though the plastic fit and finish is a far cry from some other phones like some of HTC's and the Moto Droid I just used yesterday.

I also couldn't help notice how much better the Droid's display is. I don't mean just larger, but brighter and w/ more vivid colors. Since the Pre is the first smartphone I've owned, I'm still enjoying it, but the next gen has a lot of work to do on the display and fit and finish IMHO.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    other than resolution... I see the pre display as superior. Did you turn up the brightness on your pre?
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    other than resolution... I see the pre display as superior.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    the droid screen is probably the best in the market right now. 3.7 inch with a 480x845 with a amoled display makes it even better than the evo4g which only has 480x800. And since it on a smaller display it makes it look even sharper.

the palm pre has 480x320 display resolution which is just as much as the iphone 3gs but since it on a smaller display as well at 3.1 inches, it look much sharper than the iphone.

So yes the droid screen is definitely amazing and one of the best but i think the pre's screen is pretty good as well
    Quote Originally Posted by mykall View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I like my Pre. I like the size and Webos, even though the plastic fit and finish is a far cry from some other phones like some of HTC's and the Moto Droid I just used yesterday.

I also couldn't help notice how much better the Droid's display is. I don't mean just larger, but brighter and w/ more vivid colors. Since the Pre is the first smartphone I've owned, I'm still enjoying it, but the next gen has a lot of work to do on the display and fit and finish IMHO.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    I'd actually argue that, although the resolution on the Droid is better than on the Pre, the Pre's display is much nicer. Just my opinion. Resolution is a good thing, and HPalm needs to up it in their next device, but I'm completely satisfied with it on this device.
    Even the finish is attractive to me. Granted, if they kept the same form factor but used high quality materials I'd be all for it, but I'm good with it. It's just getting a bit stale to me, and I could use some new device excitement from the webOS crew.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I'd actually argue that, although the resolution on the Droid is better than on the Pre, the Pre's display is much nicer. Just my opinion.
    In what way?
    We should make a DIY on:
    Instructables - Make, How To, and DIY
    It should be of DIY Phones with Palm Pre insides.

I believe the problem people have with the Pre screen is that they can not touch it like a iFone or Froid "F placed on purpose" as the Pre has the plastic cover over the actual screen. Not only that but people always "want" what is newer.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]