1.    #1  
    Not sure if I will switch from the Pre to the HTC EVO or not. I have the same question as another poster:

My question is regarding the contacts on the palm profile. Will they be able to transfer the contacts from the palm profile to the EVO? I have gmail account also that I recently added but there are only a handful of contacts there and the bulk are on my palm profile.

There was no answer to his question, but maybe there is a solution. Anyone know?
    tbey can do it in the phone store. Can also email contacts to himself with a patch, etc. But stay with pre, cuz palm would miss you.
    You can choose to sync the contacts with your gmail account.

Open contacts > Contacts (upper right) >Prefs and Accts >Default Acct (switch to google acct) > sync now

Then, EVO will obviously sync with that.

However, I spent a good amount of time today fooling around with a client's EVO. It is a really good phone and not nearly as "clunky" and 'counter intuitive' as I was led to believe. Having said THAT......I honestly prefer webOS by a lot. Add to that the HUGE size that seems great for vids, etc yet, becomes a big (pun?) liability very soon. Its just too big.

It really will be worth waiting to see what issues the early adopters have with it and how quickly it becomes a huge millstone around their necks. If all is happy in a few months, go get one. If not, then we will surely have more clarity about future webOS phones and one can make a better educated decision.
    At the best buy They could not transfer my contacts. They kept trying using that machine they have but the woman said it didnt work well with the Pre, i am like you have most but not all on Google. So I had to manually input the ones I did not have after I synced the phone to my google account.
    No offense....i still don't understand why so many people used Palm's profile instead of Google contacts....

WHy type your phone book into your phone vs. a keyboard.
    Heres a way to do it . Have it read it might help.

http://www.precentral.net/how-export...contacts-patch
    Quote Originally Posted by MessedUp View Post
    Not sure if I will switch from the Pre to the HTC EVO or not. I have the same question as another poster:

My question is regarding the contacts on the palm profile. Will they be able to transfer the contacts from the palm profile to the EVO? I have gmail account also that I recently added but there are only a handful of contacts there and the bulk are on my palm profile.

There was no answer to his question, but maybe there is a solution. Anyone know?
    If you set your pre to sync your contacts with google, you'll be fine.