Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    You know for what its worth - I'd grab the new iPhone a helluva alot faster than I would the EVO.

Good luck to PALM in even coming close to iPhone, and lets just watch EVO go away!
    Why so much hate for the Evo. What did it do to you?
    So it this a legitimate thread for discussing the new iphone vs the EVO?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    haha is there evo hate because its the new baby at Sprint>
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    haha is there evo hate because its the new baby at Sprint>
    I don't know... I did get a chance to check out the EVO and was pretty impressed. I still love WebOS too much though lol...
    As long as this thread stays iPhone vs. Evo it is OK. Otherwise it would get merged with the other ongoing discussions.

iPhone vs. Evo... cage match
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    As long as this thread stays iPhone vs. Evo it is OK. Otherwise it would get merged with the other ongoing discussions.

iPhone vs. Evo... cage match
    This thread seems more like 'Iphone vs Evo and Pre' lol...
    I'd get the evo 1st I hate apple aEDIT: After Hpalm come back from the dead then I'll choose that over both iphone & evo
    Guys... keep the discussion EVO and iPhone only or I'll have to merge it with the other main discussions. Thanks
    Why the Evo has an edge over iPhone 4 IMO:

Android is still more open than iPhone OS. The screen is bigger although that makes the phone wider. But iPhone is staying at 3.5 and I think even the Incredible is 3.7 or 3.8. I don't get that line of thought on Apple's part to keep the screen the same size. You can still get a removable battery. No AT&T gimping your data.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Since this has un-officially become EVOcentral you might have asked the wrong audience...

iPhone 4 smokes the EVO.

-It's right-sized not super-sized
    -More vivid, higher resolution display
    -Battery Life
    -Blazing processor/very low energy consumption vs blazing processor
    -iOS 4 leapfrogs Android 2.1, and 2.2, for that matter in terms of everyday usability and App quality(iMovie that *****'s next level)
    -On paper the EVO's camera should defeat the iPhone 4...but software can a mthoer fcuker and I guarantee it get's topped by the tap to focus, 5x digital zoom, iPhone camera experience.
    -Android is just plain...Android. Blah, Boring, Fugly. Capable? Sure. Enjoyable? Some people swear by it...then again my granny feels the same way about her panties.

I love that eveyone here at EVO nation couldn't talk about anything but hardware specs. The EVO is released and 3 days later...smashed!

Congrats EVO king for a day!

...and yes I am an open and active EVO hater! But only because I have had my beloved website, the one that goes by the name "Precentral", hijacked by a bunch of fanboyz that have spent the last 6 months shoving the magical EVO down my throat!

iPhone 4: What the EVO could be like if it lost a few pounds and went on Extreme Makeover.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Im glad someone made this thread because "vs Pre" is a bit of a mismatch. It seems the real battle in modern smartphones is "EVO vs iPhone".

Im not upgrading my Pre this season but Im definitely liking what I see on both sides. While I do feel the iPhone 4 looks great and has some unique features, things like threaded email or multitasking is just "catching-up" to the industry in the same way they did with Copy/Paste last year. I dont know nearly enough about Android to give an intelligent opinion so feel free to correct me, but from what I see then this feels like a very healthy battle between two modern devices. But for me, this is my idiots view on how I'm judging them.

Apps: iPhone
    - Android may be gaining huge momentum but the App store is just ridiculously filled with top tier stuff. Plus, as a multi-iDevice family then sharing purchases is simple. (How does it work on Android? Can one purchase go to all the family Android devices?)

Processor: ???
    - Speed is irrelevant. Its more about how it "feels" than mhz BUT the iPhone uses the A4 in my iPad and that chip is FAST.

Screen: ???
    - This is a huge internal battle for me. Bigger screen vs Higher Res. Hopefully someone here sees them both next to each other so they can be the judge because I'm just not sure.

Storage: EVO
    - When I bought my 16GB iPad I realized how little space I had so I had to return the whole thing and get the 32GB version for $100 more. So a removable memory upgrade is obviously easier.

Interface: Tie
    - I see the appeal of both styles here. To me they're all just app launchers anyway so I dont lean towards any particular brand of it.

Video Playback: EVO
    - As someone who uses iTunes then I should prefer the iPhone but it's so limited on media formats. Not only does the EVO support those mysterious AVI's I own, it also has HDMI out and a KICKSTAND! (Again, something the iPad lacks)

Books: iPhone (by a hair)
    - I know the EVO screen is larger but that retinal screen thing will really make epub books pop.

Audio Playback: iPhone
    - My music doesnt change much, but I listen to audiobooks and download Podcasts daily so having iTunes/iPad/iPhone all synced up is huge for me.

Front Camera: EVO?
    - Face Time looks cool but until it gets iChat support and 3G access it's useless to me. The Qik service looks bad too but with Skype promising a client then this gives EVO the win since Apple may end up blocking Skype since it violates their "duplicate functionality" rule.

Camera: iPhone
    - Screen size vs resolution is tough enough, but now it's 8MP EVO vs 5MP iPhone. For me, iPhone wins simply because of all the incredible photo manipulation apps. BestCam, Hipstamatic, TiltShiftGen, AutoStitch etc. With good apps (and a good eye) you can create some really impressive shots that you'd think were made with thousands of dollars of equipment.

Video Camera: iPhone
    - 720p, 30fps, Auto focus during video. As someone who makes a lot of content to share with family/friends I love this kind of stuff so add in iMovie and it's amazing... BUT... 16/32GB for HD content? Where's the 64GB model or expansion card?

Games: iPhone
    - No contest here. But Im not a huge gamer so if they get Words With Friends on Android then Id be happy

So what am I missing? Does one of these devices really stand out compared to the other or is this going to be a tough for those having to choose. But in the end unfortunately the carrier limitation is what makes our decisions. And I dont want to leave Sprint (even though $10/mo is making it easier...)
    I'm not so sure, ethic3. Although I'm disappointed about the color display(see another thread), Android itself is still way more open and customizable than iOS. You have to jailbreak iPhones just to customize your own phone. That's still a joke to me! Even if I don't get the Evo, I'm still leaning toward another Android phone. Although I did read they will now let you use your own background wallpaper. Wow thanks for that Apple when all other phones offered that for years.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Close battle but iPhone wins over the Evo. instead of just throwing a bigger screen in the put in a better screen and I can't wait to see it in person.

iPhone's camera will be better than the evo's because of the better optics. Apple got it right and wish more companies would follow. stop adding megapixels and start adding better optics. Also the Evo's 720P video recording looks horrible because it adds so much compression. Iphone 3GS had great video recording quality and I'm sure iPhone 4's recording quality would embarrass the Evo.

I just wish apple would get away from AT&T and put it on other carriers.
    We just don't have the choices with At&t.
    I stay with them because they give me the best service for where I live.

I've been wathing A|C to see what's coming down the pipe with Android. - Seems a ways out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ethic3 View Post
    ...and yes I am an open and active EVO hater! But only because I have had my beloved website, the one that goes by the name "Precentral", hijacked by a bunch of fanboyz that have spent the last 6 months shoving the magical EVO down my throat!
    You lost all credibility with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ethic3 View Post
    Since this has un-officially become EVOcentral you might have asked the wrong audience...

iPhone 4 smokes the EVO.

-It's right-sized not super-sized
    -More vivid, higher resolution display
    -Battery Life
    -Blazing processor/very low energy consumption vs blazing processor
    -iOS 4 leapfrogs Android 2.1, and 2.2, for that matter in terms of everyday usability and App quality(iMovie that *****'s next level)
    -On paper the EVO's camera should defeat the iPhone 4...but software can a mthoer fcuker and I guarantee it get's topped by the tap to focus, 5x digital zoom, iPhone camera experience.
    -Android is just plain...Android. Blah, Boring, Fugly. Capable? Sure. Enjoyable? Some people swear by it...then again my granny feels the same way about her panties.

I love that eveyone here at EVO nation couldn't talk about anything but hardware specs. The EVO is released and 3 days later...smashed!

Congrats EVO king for a day!

iPhone 4: What the EVO could be like if it lost a few pounds and went on Extreme Makeover.
    !!!!!
    YESsssiiRRR
    !!!!!
    I couldnt have said it better
    the new iphone is sick as heo!!! Boy if they had one on sprint id be on that phone like a fat kid wants his cupcake... Too bad theyre on att! Suckerz!!! Love webos but this other phone is a dime that's top of the line!!! Don't hate cuz you think iphoneOS is second to best(webos) but with the deep chemical peel it came out beautiful.. Sure beats the EVO by miles... Sigh. Damn you applez.... Im stuck with my pre. Wish they release something soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by jyaden24 View Post
    the new iphone is sick as heo!!! Boy if they had one on sprint id be on that phone like a fat kid wants his cupcake... Too bad theyre on att! Suckerz!!! Love webos but this other phone is a dime that's top of the line!!! Don't hate cuz you think iphoneOS is second to best(webos) but with the deep chemical peel it came out beautiful.. Sure beats the EVO by miles... Sigh. Damn you applez.... Im stuck with my pre. Wish they release something soon!
    You'll be saying that about (Palm new release) soon. (-:
    How does it beat the Evo?

video chat ONLY works on wifi and only iphone 4 to iphone 4.
    Evo can chat over 3g/4g and to a computer or anyone else running qik or fring.
    Evo can stream live video broadcasts with 3g/4g.
    Iphone 4 must save and then upload the video.

Evo has HDMI out.

Iphone has 5mp camera, 720p HD recording, with flash.
    Evo has an 8mp camera, 720p HD recording, with dual flash.

Evo screen is 4.3" and Iphone is sticking with the 3.5"
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast