Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 103
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCovers View Post
    How does it beat the Evo?

    video chat ONLY works on wifi and only iphone 4 to iphone 4.
    Evo can chat over 3g/4g and to a computer or anyone else running qik or fring.
    Evo can stream live video broadcasts with 3g/4g.
    Iphone 4 must save and then upload the video.

    Evo has HDMI out.

    Iphone has 5mp camera, 720p HD recording, with flash.
    Evo has an 8mp camera, 720p HD recording, with dual flash.

    Evo screen is 4.3" and Iphone is sticking with the 3.5"


    are you freakin serious?

    ......ur dumb.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by jyaden24 View Post
    are you freakin serious?

    ......ur dumb.
    I should be asking you the same question.
    If I am dumb for even replying to you, then yeah, I guess I'd have to agree.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcovers View Post
    i should be asking you the same question.
    If i am dumb for even replying to you, then yeah, i guess i'd have to agree.
    lol!!


    +1
  4. #24  
    *yawn*
  5. #25  
    The new iPhone has nothing on Evo.
  6.    #26  
    Very cool responses gang. My daughter has a HTC Hero, and although its not an EVO, it just seems to me that I'm just playing with another Windows type OS. Apple and its iPhone is a popping screaming entertainment machine. I'll grant that the app police, and acceptable formats it uses, is a sore point, but it does its stuff with pizzaz. For me the WebOS is where I'm staying, and I'll hold on till HPalm can show me a better deal. I have no build quality issues, and the HomeBrew scene is making me very happy. So I'll sit and wait. Again though - iPhone trumps EVO!
  7. #27  
    I have had the EVO for three days now and have grown to dislike it. I much prefer my nexus 1 and iPhone 3GS. It is way too big, video is a major disappointment, and I still can't use some exchange features I need.

    It doesn't help that I don't get 4g (yet I have to pay for it) and sprint is kind of terrible in my area.
  8. ogeneo's Avatar
    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by debsawyer View Post
    The new iPhone has nothing on Evo.
    Better screen
    Better camera
    Far better batter life
    Far better selection of apps
    Better build (glass front and back)
    Better form factor (Try putting an EVO in a pocket)

    Nothing?
  9. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I have had the EVO for three days now and have grown to dislike it. I much prefer my nexus 1 and iPhone 3GS. It is way too big, video is a major disappointment, and I still can't use some exchange features I need.

    It doesn't help that I don't get 4g (yet I have to pay for it) and sprint is kind of terrible in my area.
    I've played around with an EVO for all of 2 minutes but from what I did see I have to agree with you mobileman. For me the initial size of the screen was appealing but after holding it for a few minutes I got the distinct feeling that I would get tired of its size very quickly.

    I hate to say it but I'd put the iPhone just a nudge ahead of the EVO. However IMO, its not the iPhone's features that put it ahead of the EVO (using feature sets alone I'd put the EVO first). With iPhone 4, it seems to be the first time since the original that Apple have put a lot more emphasis on the build quality of hardware and software than quantity of features (not that they haven't added plenty). The screen, iMovie app, (can Apple get original with its names or what!!), camera app/hardware are all improved dramatically. Its this that puts it ahead of the EVO in my book.

    That been said, you'd have to drag me kicking & screaming and at gun point to the nearest AT&T store to buy an iPhone - I can't stand the UI. Some like it, I understand that, but to me, after three years its grown into a big bunch of "yawn" for me.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    That been said, you'd have to drag me kicking & screaming and at gun point to the nearest AT&T store to buy an iPhone.
    Now put the iPhone on SPRINT, and HPalm fails to give us a better WebOS device, and I jump to iPhone in a flash!! EVO is just too Windows like.
    Last edited by teejay69; 06/08/2010 at 08:55 AM. Reason: A thought to add ....
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    Now put the iPhone on SPRINT, and HPalm fails to give us a better WebOS device, and I jump to iPhone in a flash!! EVO is just too Windows like.
    I don't think apple will support that. Ba-Boom

    I hope I'm not the only one who got the joke.
  12. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by teejay69 View Post
    Now put the iPhone on SPRINT, and HPalm fails to give us a better WebOS device, and I jump to iPhone in a flash!!
    If Sprint was to get an iPhone and as much as I find the UI boring, baring a new decently built device in Fall/Winter from HPalm, I would probably have to follow suit and get a Sprint iPhone too. Oh my god, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    You lost all credibility with that.
    I'm just putting my cards on the table up front and openly. I'm a Bears fan and I despise the Packers! Doesn't mean I can't recognize when they put a superior team out on the field.

    I also hate that d-bag Kobe Bryant! I watched Jordan and he's no MJ! Doesn't mean I don't recognize him as the best player since Jordan but it does mean that I relish every last second shot he misses w/ the game on the line!

    The fact is 9 months from now we'll still be talking about the iPhone 4 meanwhile the EVO will be history! Surpassed not only by the iPhone but by 6-7 other flavor of the month Android devices!

    And I'll love evey minute of it! (evil laughter)
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCovers View Post
    How does it beat the Evo?

    video chat ONLY works on wifi and only iphone 4 to iphone 4.
    Evo can chat over 3g/4g and to a computer or anyone else running qik or fring.
    Evo can stream live video broadcasts with 3g/4g.
    Iphone 4 must save and then upload the video.

    Evo has HDMI out.

    Iphone has 5mp camera, 720p HD recording, with flash.
    Evo has an 8mp camera, 720p HD recording, with dual flash.

    Evo screen is 4.3" and Iphone is sticking with the 3.5"
    Seriously. What's w/ all this bigger is better non-sense? It's a fkucing phone not a t.v.! A kickstand? On a phone? Buy a fkucing tablet for heaven's sake! A kickstand? Really?

    Attention EVOnation: Zach Morris called and he wants his phone back!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by ethic3 View Post
    The fact is 9 months from now we'll still be talking about the iPhone 4 meanwhile the EVO will be history! Surpassed not only by the iPhone but by 6-7 other flavor of the month Android devices!

    And I'll love evey minute of it! (evil laughter)
    Yeah, it sucks if the OS your phone runs has a userbase that grows exponentially with 6-7 star devices launching a year, attracting developers, mindshare, and making it the only platform besides iPhone to get modern name brand apps like Rhapsody, Sirius/XM, Epicurious, and Photoshop.

    Weep for the Evo owners and other poor Android users missing out on all the exciting WebOS action. Can you believe we got the Seafood Watch seafood recommendations app yesterday? Think I'll keep that one in reserve to whip out if an iPhone 4 geek tries to show off trash like iMovie.
  16. #36  
    evo and iphone are two different weight classes. Evo=heavyweight...iphone=middleweight...pre=featherweight. IMHO
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeah, it sucks if the OS your phone runs has a userbase that grows exponentially with 6-7 star devices launching a year, attracting developers, mindshare, and making it the only platform besides iPhone to get modern name brand apps like Rhapsody, Sirius/XM, Epicurious, and Photoshop.

    Weep for the Evo owners and other poor Android users missing out on all the exciting WebOS action. Can you believe we got the Seafood Watch seafood recommendations app yesterday? Think I'll keep that one in reserve to whip out if an iPhone 4 geek tries to show off trash like iMovie.
    +1
  18. #38  
    The way I see it, the iPhone came out with some novelty updates.

    Screen resolution on a sub 4 inch screen means very little. I guarantee no one looked at the 3GS and thought... "Gosh, this screen sucks." It may well be that this is where we are going, but it is not that important. People are treating this like the iPhone finally got the ability to MMS.

    Glass on the front and back is pretty cool, but since it addresses a huge glaring issue with previous iPhones (scratched to hell), I can't grant it a status higher than woopdy-friggin do.

    Now, before Urkel rides to the iPhones rescue , I will say that the iPhone sells the most for a reason. It is the most solid, most user friendly phone out there. If it had been moved to Sprint, I would have probably chosen it over the EVO as my work phone. (Still have the Pre for my personal phone for all of the Pre Defense Force )

    The issue I have is that the EVO does many things and it is a worthy competitor to the iPhone. Really, I think it comes down to a crap shoot regarding which one is the better phone, so I choose the better network.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypre View Post
    The way I see it, the iPhone came out with some novelty updates.

    Screen resolution on a sub 4 inch screen means very little. I guarantee no one looked at the 3GS and thought... "Gosh, this screen sucks." It may well be that this is where we are going, but it is not that important. People are treating this like the iPhone finally got the ability to MMS.

    Glass on the front and back is pretty cool, but since it addresses a huge glaring issue with previous iPhones (scratched to hell), I can't grant it a status higher than woopdy-friggin do.

    Now, before Urkel rides to the iPhones rescue , I will say that the iPhone sells the most for a reason. It is the most solid, most user friendly phone out there. If it had been moved to Sprint, I would have probably chosen it over the EVO as my work phone. (Still have the Pre for my personal phone for all of the Pre Defense Force )

    The issue I have is that the EVO does many things and it is a worthy competitor to the iPhone. Really, I think it comes down to a crap shoot regarding which one is the better phone, so I choose the better network.
    Wow, you are already putting down the device without ever holding it. I heard the resolution argument before when almost every device was 320x240. Why do we need more resolution on a small screen? Because it looks better, is easier on the eyes, allows for nicer pictures and movies.
  20. #40  
    To me, iPhone wins, here is why,

    iPhone

    Positives
    -independent OS. You know updates will work with your device and not dependent on two separate companies software. (what I like about Palm and RIM)
    - Screen resolution
    - Build quality, it is a sharp looking devices

    Negitives
    - AT&T. My Data play would be $45 dollars a month. 4GB usage average.
    - Apple *******

    EVO

    Positives

    - 8MP camera
    - Not Apple
    - On Sprint. I will gladly pay $10 dollars extra a month compaired to $45.

    Negitives
    - Android OS. enough said
    - Screen resolution is not good on that big screen.
    - Looks cheap in person. Plastic and not well put together. I thought I would like it, but as soon as I had it in my hand it felt like junk.

    Every thing else, I think the phone equal out.

    I gave the camera to EVO, because does anyone realy alter photos on their phone. I am a photographer and do all my work on my PC or iMac.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions