Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 319
  1. #161  
    Adding my two sprint lines to AT&T. Bye Sprint. And no more palm.

    I really shouldn't have to add anything after apple's presentation today. Apple didn't leapfrog, they just further distanced themselves from the competition. It's not even close in my eyes..
  2. john3976's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    This is the thread if you want to say:

    I love the iPhone 4
    I hate the iPhone 4
    I am switching to the iPhone 4
    I am not switching to the iPhone 4
    iPhone 4 comparisons, specs, details, anticipation

    - Craig
    I am laughing my rear end off at Steve Jobs because his beloved iPhone 4 crashed in the on stage Demo.

    Steve Jobs is the antichrist.
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Engadget's official comparison post:

    iPhone 4 vs. the smartphone elite: EVO 4G, N8, Pre Plus, and HD2 -- Engadget

    It doesn't look pretty, but at least the Pre Plus made it to the game... that's more than can be said for any RIM device.

    It's clear that the categories could have been selected differently to emphasize some areas where the PrePlus / WebOS is as strong / stronger than Iphone4 (arguably... physical keyboard, true multitasking, facebook integration / app, openness/homebrew, development flexibility, etc...), but that wasn't really the purpose of Ziegler's post.
    I want a compass on the next Pre, that way I can see which direction the lies are flying from when I meet up with Fanbouys
  4. #164  
    Quote Originally Posted by cr_8_tiv View Post
    I just want them to focus more on optimizing and improving WebOS to run smoother.
    If you watch any of the videos from the Palm developers meeting a few weeks ago, or the Palm developer relationship video blog, you'll notice that Palm is very specifically working to make webOS run smoother. They've already announced that by the Fall, we'll have GPU-accelerated CSS transforms, which will make the UI much, much crisper. And, they're implementing things on the backend to both enhance capabilities as well as improve performance. Coupled with hybrid SDK/PDK apps, we're looking at some very nice enhancements outside of what will come with new hardware.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  5. #165  
    I can get an upgrade by the end of this year...if palm dont have a new phone out (here in teh UK) ...I guess i will jump ship..not that i wouldnt return to palm, i most defiantly would...and i dont want to change platforms..

    *cough* *hint* palm.. make a new phone before people start leaving...
  6. jmueske's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #166  
    I hear ya, if we don't get new hardware soon I might change menu choices and head over to Android....and judging by internet buzz I wouldn't be alone. Would be an incredible shame for WebOS if this happens with many of us early adopters.
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Adding my two sprint lines to AT&T. Bye Sprint. And no more palm.

    I really shouldn't have to add anything after apple's presentation today. Apple didn't leapfrog, they just further distanced themselves from the competition. It's not even close in my eyes..
    You absolutely don't have to say anything else, and please don't feel the need. Enjoy your iPhone (sincerely)--that is, after all, the entire purpose of technology like this. If it does what you want and makes you happy, then more power to you.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  8. #168  
    I was going to move to the EVO from my Pre - I'm out of contract and can leave at any time, and I like Android a lot. The Pre works well for me, but it's just too slow compared to the new gen of phones. Why pay the same monthly charge and get a slower phone?

    But I am not a heavy data user, and the new iPhone finally has an integrated mailbox, multiple exchange accounts and multitasking, which is the reason I left AT&T to go to Sprint for the Pre. Still, I like the google navigation in maps and other features.

    This $10 charge has put over over the edge though, and I'm going to get a iPhone 4 when they come out this month and go back to my family plan with AT&T. Sprint has always been pretty competitive plan wise in the past, but AT&T lower capped plans have cheaper data charges, and I get to pool my voice minutes with my wife who also has an iPhone. So for me, AT&T's new plan is cheaper, and Sprint is making me pay $10 more a month to do the same things I did with with my Pre. No thanks Sprint.

    It's too bad, because Sprint is a lot better today than they were a few years ago when I tried them last. But there is no 4G available in my area, and according to the PCMAG tests, the 4G service isn't that much faster than the AT&T HSDPA network. So why I am being asked to pay $10 more a month? Is every modern phone going to get hit with that surcharge?

    Still, I'm not going to send notes to complain - Sprint has a right a to charge whatever they want to folks. But they shouldn't expect me to hang around when the only new good phone they have they stick a $10 surcharge on.
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Apple didn't leapfrog, they just further distanced themselves from the competition. It's not even close in my eyes..
    It's impressive hardware, but really? Further distanced from the competition? They were behind the Evo 4G, now they took a slight baby step past it (with the higher resolution screen). How are those two 'not even close' exactly?

    I mean, I wouldn't get either, but I'm genuinely curious as to why you say that.
  10. #170  
    My phone still works fine. It seems to not even notice that there are flashier phones out there.

    It just keeps making / receiving calls, browsing the web, taking pics, checking / sending emails, etc.

    I guess I have the DUMBEST "smartphone" in the world because it just keep doing what I bought it to do in the face of all that WOW out there.


    huh........weird.
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
    iPhone 4 vs. the smartphone elite: EVO 4G, N8, Pre Plus, and HD2 -- Engadget

    I must say, All of those devices outshine the pre specs. The camera, batterylife, the display on our pres are a joke compared to all the others.

    I still love my pre, but times are changed and I really hope the Pre 2 is around the corner. Doesnt Palm have a keynote on the 9th? I think its for their sdk tho. I love webOS and i hope hp can leverage such a good OS and gain a stable amount of marketshare for it.
    I just watched the video of the iPhone 4 and im sorry, but the iPhone 4 is an awesome phone. Apple constantly gets it right. Specs are outrageous and the form fact is the "it" factor. The only thing i hate about the iPhone 4 is the fact that it doesnt have a physical keyboard and it doesnt multi-task. As you can see, Steve Jobs wasnt showing off multi-tasking lol. He was showing up some gyro whatever.....But still, iPhone 4 is nice. COME ON PALM. Please dont let me down. Dont let me down. Dont make me ever think about another phone!
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    I can get an upgrade by the end of this year...if palm dont have a new phone out (here in teh UK) ...I guess i will jump ship..not that i wouldnt return to palm, i most defiantly would...and i dont want to change platforms..

    *cough* *hint* palm.. make a new phone before people start leaving...
    Tons of people already left the Pre to EVO last few days. What was the market share before EVO? 3%? I wonder what will be after HP and Palm finally merged officially? 2% or less?

    I am stuck with Pre Plus only because I am still under contract. However, if Iphone was announced on Verizon, I would've paid whatever the penalty and get the Iphone in a second.
  13. #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's impressive hardware, but really? Further distanced from the competition? They were behind the Evo 4G, now they took a slight baby step past it (with the higher resolution screen). How are those two 'not even close' exactly?

    I mean, I wouldn't get either, but I'm genuinely curious as to why you say that.
    The gyro, maybe?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    The gyro, maybe?
    Im sorry, but if the iPhone 4 comes to Sprint, i'll sell my Pre and get the iPhone 4 and then when the new Pre comes out, i'll sell the iPhone and get that too.
  15. #175  
    this shouldn't even be battle the iphone 4 is better than the pre and the pixi period. if u say no then ur just in denial.
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    this shouldn't even be battle the iphone 4 is better than the pre and the pixi period. if u say no then ur just in denial.
    Hardware-wise, no contest. Software-wise though, is a matter of personal preference.
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Apple didn't leapfrog, they just further distanced themselves from the competition. It's not even close in my eyes..
    iphone has iOS4 and a higher res screen. EVO has Larger screen, hdmi out, video chat over evdo, 4g, tethering, and (not to forget) the kickstand!

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    I was going to move to the EVO from my Pre - I'm out of contract and can leave at any time, and I like Android a lot. The Pre works well for me, but it's just too slow compared to the new gen of phones. Why pay the same monthly charge and get a slower phone?
    For me, even though the Evo has some pretty nice specs, I just don't like Android. Seriously. It just doesn't do what I need it to do, and I'm simply not a fan of being so tied to Google. Nothing against them, but they are, after all, an advertising company--their entire business model is predicated on sending people to Google properties to click on Google ads.

    And, I'm not just sticking with my Pre. Rather, I'm looking forward to the next generation of webOS smartphones, as well as a webOS tablet. To me, that's worth the wait. I don't want to get an Android smartphone (that doesn't do what I need) and then another tablet that's completely separate. Maybe it supports the Android Market for apps, maybe it doesn't, nobody knows.

    Nope, I'd much rather buy a smartphone and tablet (and maybe other devices) that are from the same company and integrated into the webOS ecosystem. It's kind of like Apple, only better, because Palm (and HP, as far as I can tell) aren't the kinds of companies to tell me what apps I can put on my devices. It could be the best of what Apple offers without the drawbacks.

    Call me a Palm or webOS fanboiyee if you want. Personally, I just think I'm taking a bit of a longer view.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Im sorry, but if the iPhone 4 comes to Sprint, i'll sell my Pre and get the iPhone 4 and then when the new Pre comes out, i'll sell the iPhone and get that too.
    Im going t wait to august. I dont think my Pre can take me any further than that.

    THE ONE THING I WISHED TECHNOLOGY COULD DO FOR ME IS......

    BETTER BATTERIES! I cant believe that battery tech is lagging so far behind.
  20. john3976's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    My phone still works fine. It seems to not even notice that there are flashier phones out there.

    It just keeps making / receiving calls, browsing the web, taking pics, checking / sending emails, etc.

    I guess I have the DUMBEST "smartphone" in the world because it just keep doing what I bought it to do in the face of all that WOW out there.


    huh........weird.
    LOL, mine must have come off the line right behind yours because mine is the same way. It just does everything I ask of it.
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions