Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 319
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    There is some pretty BIG news coming form Apple today, Palm? HP? Are you watching this?

    How about a little hint... now would be a great time for a leak... or preview, or announcement.
    IMHO now is not the time. Apple is dominating the news any information about Palm would just get lost in the shuffle...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

    5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

    6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  2. #22  
    Now would be a TERRIBLE time or an announcement. A leak, however, is a different story.
  3. #23  
    this is the reason why I can't hate Apple. They are always one step ahead of everyone else. Pre multitasking is the best and better than iOS4 but our current hardware can't handle it well. I think that's the reason why Apple never bothered to put multitask in their mobile os, but now they realized hardware is capable to handling it, they are putting it on. They are very smart. Everyone else always have to play catch up.
  4. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #24  
    I think they'll be able to compete with it. Y'all going to be really surprise very soon.
    And how can you be so sure?

    Did you see the slide: 15.000 new apps a week!!! webOS still has less than 3000!!!!!
    Last edited by spud101; 06/07/2010 at 01:39 PM.
  5. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #25  
    Until we have six sides of glass to swipe clean in the next Palm device instead of the iPhone's two glass sides I'll never be happy
  6. #26  
    True, a leak would be awesome, just a grainy photo of a prototype at this point would work.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    No, the logical comparison is to compare a device released last month to a device that's going to be released soon.

    It makes sense. Just cause Palm's behind a couple generations doesn't mean it gets better treatment.

    Battery/screen size needs to be something Palm should be looking toward when they go for a new phone.... if HP even wants to build it.
    understand, when I stated not comparing a first generation device to a 4th generation device, it has nothing at all to do with treatment. My comment is LOGICAL, because you cant compare a device that was developed to hurdle devices that are currently out, it dosent make sense to. As I stated again, if you want to compare the Iphone 4 to the next generation WebOS phone then yes that would be a comperable comparison being both devices were made in the current market. Understanding the market better then any of us if they intend on staying competitve, Palm and or HP (depending on the rumorred device is already produced by Palm or not) know they must make specs comparable to the current lineup of phones available. Use your head.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I think they'll be able to compete with it. Y'all going to be really surprise very soon.
    We'll be surprise to see nothing from Pre in next 6 months. And then they releases something with year old hardware and half cooked OS, and still need to catch up. And blaming on lack of knowledge on sales people in Verizon for lack of sales.
  9. #29  
    Well it's fair to make any comparison you want in the tech market cause all the matters really is today. Specs are always getting better, software optimized, and features expanded. Apple doesn't just have an advantage because it's iphone is 4 years old. It has an advantage because it is a software and hardware company with a workforce and budget to match it's vision. Palm is like the equivalent of one department at Apple.

    At this point it's all about whether HP wants try to be an innovator in the smartphone/mobile platform market or just a player. I assume the latter. I'm sure the specs will always improve but I don't see HP trying to create then competitive smartphones, not revolutionary ones. Of course no one knows for sure what HP is willing to do to compete in this market.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    No, the logical comparison is to compare a device released last month to a device that's going to be released soon. Palm Pre Plus vs. Iphone 4gen is a logical comparison.

    It makes sense. Just cause Palm's behind a couple generations doesn't mean it gets better treatment.

    Battery/screen size needs to be something Palm should be looking toward when they go for a new phone.... if HP even wants to build it.
    Screen size for me is not a huge issue,the problem is the battery.
  11. #31  
    webOS is still at version 1. iOS4 (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, of course) is at, well, version 4. And still, webOS is considered by many, many people to be the superior mobile OS.

    And yet, folks want to hold on to this doom and gloom? Crazy...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  12. #32  
    I don't care I just wish the pre had video chat!
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    understand, when I stated not comparing a first generation device to a 4th generation device, it has nothing at all to do with treatment. My comment is LOGICAL, because you cant compare a device that was developed to hurdle devices that are currently out, it dosent make sense to. As I stated again, if you want to compare the Iphone 4 to the next generation WebOS phone then yes that would be a comperable comparison being both devices were made in the current market. Understanding the market better then any of us if they intend on staying competitve, Palm and or HP (depending on the rumorred device is already produced by Palm or not) know they must make specs comparable to the current lineup of phones available. Use your head.
    Sorry, sir. Your comment isn't logical at all.

    There is no next generation WebOS phone, thus there is no comparison to be made. We can only compare what exists as of the time of comparison.

    Palm was in existence and putting out new phones every year Apple has been doing the same. If their product is stagnant and/or primitive in comparison, that is their fault, and it should be a major factor in any comparison.

    If Apple has a device "developed to hurdle devices" out this month, Palm should as well. That they don't is simply another sign of inadequacy on Palm's part.
  14. spud101's Avatar
    Posts
    868 Posts
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    #34  
    iPhone goes on sale at the end of the month. An upcoming leak of a new Palm device is too late already...

    How superior webOS is, all the rest about Palm (hardware, features, apps, functionality) is so way behind on Apple and more and more so on Android too.
  15. #35  
    Me too.
  16. #36  
    Besides, this gives Palm time to take stock, compare their proposed new hardware to that of Apple and co, and make any changes/upgrades before announcing anything.

    I trust that Palm know what they're doing, and I think that we should stop pushing for a premature announcement.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    And still, webOS is considered by many, many people to be the superior mobile OS.
    By whom? Probably Palm F@nb0y only. WebOs is cool, I won't way it's better because it's not even mature yet, I always feel like it's in beta stage. And what good is it if there's no good application?
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    webOS is still at version 1. iOS4 (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, of course) is at, well, version 4. And still, webOS is considered by many, many people to be the superior mobile OS.

    And yet, folks want to hold on to this doom and gloom? Crazy...
    How do I join the PDF?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

    Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Sorry, sir. Your comment isn't logical at all.

    There is no next generation WebOS phone, thus there is no comparison to be made. We can only compare what exists as of the time of comparison.

    Palm was in existence and putting out new phones every year Apple has been doing the same. If their product is stagnant and/or primitive in comparison, that is their fault, and it should be a major factor in any comparison.

    If Apple has a device "developed to hurdle devices" out this month, Palm should as well. That they don't is simply another sign of inadequacy on Palm's part.
    +1
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Sorry, sir. Your comment isn't logical at all.

    There is no next generation WebOS phone, thus there is no comparison to be made. We can only compare what exists as of the time of comparison.

    Palm was in existence and putting out new phones every year Apple has been doing the same. If their product is stagnant and/or primitive in comparison, that is their fault, and it should be a major factor in any comparison.

    If Apple has a device "developed to hurdle devices" out this month, Palm should as well. That they don't is simply another sign of inadequacy on Palm's part.


    obviously you along with the orignal person still dont understand what I mean. First off Palm is in existence to release new phones every year, regardless of their cash flow or not, so you can say the same thing about the iphone 3Gs compared to the iphone 4 is inferior right? Second a product is inferior in the way im stating only because it was made in the past, in a time for instence where a 3.1 inch 600mhz phone was competitve. When you say the iphone 4 battery life is leaps and bounds better then the Pre I would hope so given atleast a year to capitalize on a product. Its hard to even try and compare (in terms of technology) anything made months prior to the current, due to advances made in this industry. Of course there is no new WebOS device (either yet, or not at all) so what I'm saying is you cant bash a older phone that was released a year ago for being primative to a brand new phone. Technology changes monthly, so of course their will be something better that comes to past. In terms to these two companys not on just pure size and money, Palm phone they released with Web OS was meant to compete with the iphone 3Gs not the iphone 4. So comparing the Palm Pre in any aspect in terms of technology is irrelevant, because in this sense the Iphone 4 was meant to leap frog over phones of the last generation including the pre. So you can say the Iphone 4 is better in all aspects to the Pre and any other phone that dosent have a predecessor yet. I didnt respond initally asking for beef, which is how your response is target for, which dosent make sense to me. If you dont understand what I mean, ask a question dont jump in a come at someone, we are all hopefully on the same side on here supporting WebOS.
    Last edited by wellwellwell11; 06/07/2010 at 01:59 PM.
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions