Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
Results 301 to 319 of 319
  1. #301  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    One problem with the iphone 4 is if you plan to use it as a phone.
    No problems here. We still holding on to that myth? Funny part is the Sprint Pre is hands down the worst phone I've had for actual phone calls.
  2. #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    No problems here. We still holding on to that myth? Funny part is the Sprint Pre is hands down the worst phone I've had for actual phone calls.
    I thought it was a myth too, but my friend dropped her iphone 3 into a pool and they replaced it with an iphone 4. The hangup issue is so bad, she has to walk around with a headset on all day. An associate of mine prefers that I call him on his office land line instead of his iphone 4 due to phone's poor call quality.
  3. Vizi's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #303  
    Get the iPhone.
  4. #304  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    I thought it was a myth too, but my friend dropped her iphone 3 into a pool and they replaced it with an iphone 4. The hangup issue is so bad, she has to walk around with a headset on all day. An associate of mine prefers that I call him on his office land line instead of his iphone 4 due to phone's poor call quality.
    Guess i'll take your word for it. No problems here tho or with wife's. Maybe its service area. We do have the microcell for the house though since it was free.
  5. #305  
    The 3G and 3GS were very bad as actual phones, the 4 seems to be good as long as you have a case or don't touch it. It was just so stupid how they improved the phone side of it, then ruined it with that stupid antenna design. Also, for that price I would say get the iPhone 4, then sell it when the new palm phone comes out next year, or just save your money and wait a couple of months.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
  6. #306  
    Its up to you.... Overall everyone has a phone preference they like. Cousins have the EVO, I've gotten to try theirs out for a few hours ( android is not that bad, but WEBOS is a lot easier and i did love trying out the front facing camera). Brother of mine has the Droid Incredible (pretty kewl) Sister of mine has the Iphone 4 (pretty nice, apple does make a decant product and she has never had a problem with making/ receiving calls) Me I like my pre, just am getting very very very anxious for webos 2.0 to just land here so i just wish they would do it now... if anythings missing i can wait for another OTA update
  7. #307  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    You're kidding right?

    iOS kind of blows webOS away right now. Even if i do like webOS's UI and multitasking better. That's not nearly enough when everything else is superior on iOS.

    When you consider itunes, app's, cydia apps, and how well polished iOS native apps are, it's not a contest.

    The potential may be there for webOS, but its not realized..not by a long shot.
    Am I the only one who thinks of iTunes as a - to the iPhone and not a + when comparing phones?
  8. #308  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks of iTunes as a - to the iPhone and not a + when comparing phones?
    I have mixed feelings.

    PRO: I like having an integrated, dedicated, comprehensive, local syncing capability for my devices - something Android and Palm lack. The cloud is nice for email, PIM info and the like, but loading up 4-5 movies, a few hours of audio, and a bunch of documents before heading out for a trip is easy with iTunes.

    CON: iTunes is a kludgey mess of a program. It literally crawls nowadays compared to just a few short years ago. Its original architecture seems inappropriate for all the functions Apple is bending it to perform today. Coming from a company which prides itself on polished, smooth-running, integrated technology, iTunes is simply an embarrassing eyesore.

    ...yet it's still the best software in the marketplace to date performing the role it does. Go figure.
  9. #309  
    Never owned and Iphone or Ipod but have owned a Pre and the Pre 2 is not worth that kinda of money and until Palm comes out with something better Iphone all the way.
  10. #310  
    For me it's not even a contest. Iphone 4, in a landslide for the anyone of the following reasons.

    HD video recording
    HD camera, with zoom, with autofocus
    Video Chat
    Voice functions
    Tons of apps and people making apps.
    Gapless audio playback
    Easy desktop transfers with itunes.
    Top notch music player
    higher resolution screen
    32GB capacity
    you can Jailbreak it and do all kinds of other stuff apple doesn't like.
    It has a wealth of accessories made for it.

    also if apps are important i'd make sure they webos has the apps you want because the catalog is limited.
  11. khaled93's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    #311  
    if only they released it with a cheaper price, I would've overlooked any of its flaws.
  12. #312  
    Get the 3gs. Great phone. Strong as hell.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  13. #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Threads merged.

    See opening post for detailed chart.

    http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...23post2496223r
    nice chart
  14.    #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    nice chart
    Thanks!
  15. #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Thanks!
    it's laid out well. a nice clear way to compare and contrast.
  16. #317  
    Thanks for that chart. I didn't even realize until accidentally today that the Pre 2 had even come out. I mean, is HP doing any marketing at all for this thing or is it just that I don't watch much tv? Also, what's this bs about web os 2.0 not being out yet? How can you launch a new phone without it's operating system? Seems like the same bs palm was doing before with putting out an imperfect OS then having everyone chomping at the bit for updates.

    This is disappointing. I came on here again really hoping to see that this new pre 2 had reached the potential most of us suspected it was possible of, given that web OS, in my opinion had a lot of things going for it. I mean, I like my pre, but the lag and glitches drive me crazy. A few weeks back during phonecalls I had to hold the phone as delicate as a tea-cup or the earpiece would short out. This went on for a couple weeks until the problem just stopped as mysteriously as it started. But that's the ebb and flow with this thing.

    And then thanks to that chart I see that the pre 2 isn't even offered by sprint anymore??? So once iphone4 goes verizon why would anyone choose the pre 2 over the iphone 4? I mean, at $200 the iphone4 is at a pretty competitive price.

    I don't like the android os, it's too much like a pc mentality and I've been swearing for years that as an apple computer user who feels that it's mobile division has usurped the computer end (plus working in the creative field where EVERYONE has an iphone) that I would never get an iphone. But practically speaking it looks like Palm isn't giving me any other viable option.

    Makes me wonder if HP even has a sincere interest in phones or if they just bought Palm to utilize web OS on tablets.

    Anyway, all very disappointing.
    Last edited by ddtphoto; 01/08/2011 at 01:36 PM.
  17. #318  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    I have mixed feelings.

    PRO: I like having an integrated, dedicated, comprehensive, local syncing capability for my devices - something Android and Palm lack. The cloud is nice for email, PIM info and the like, but loading up 4-5 movies, a few hours of audio, and a bunch of documents before heading out for a trip is easy with iTunes.

    CON: iTunes is a kludgey mess of a program. It literally crawls nowadays compared to just a few short years ago. Its original architecture seems inappropriate for all the functions Apple is bending it to perform today. Coming from a company which prides itself on polished, smooth-running, integrated technology, iTunes is simply an embarrassing eyesore.

    ...yet it's still the best software in the marketplace to date performing the role it does. Go figure.
    Haven't tried syncing a Windows Phone to it...but i personally think Zune works better for music playback and store layout.

    But i do think it runs into the same problems as itunes where its very resource hungry. But at least their is a visual reason for that (if you shut off animations it tends to run flawless).
  18.    #319  
    It is time to bid farewell to this thread. It has been replaced by:

    Official iPhone 4 vs. HP Pre3 and Veer
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions