Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    There should be a poll to see how many people will get an iphone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by suzyQt View Post
    I think the Pre on AT&T will be dead now with the iPhone 4 that can do practically everything that the Pre can do and more. I moved to the Pre because I had been a long time Palm user and thought that the transition from my Treo to the Pre would be less painful - but it wasn't. I just got my Pre on AT&T and think I have to take it back and wait for the iPhone 4. Here are my reasons, and this is basic functionality, no wow factors:

1) Battery - everyone here complains about the Pre's battery life. iPhone 4 just got even better.

2) iPhone 4 body being used as antenna for better phone call reception - my Pre has terrible reception, in my house I used my Treo and had great call reception, now I get dropped calls all the time, and people on the other end saying "what??? I can't hear you......"

3) More and better apps. The Contacts and Calendar, heck all PIMS are a huge disappointment on the Pre. At least on the iPhone there are viable good Contacts and Calendar replacements. I tried to find alternatives on the Pre, but they just don't exist. It's been a year since the Pre's introduction, if they don't exist by now then I don't think they ever will. And let's not forget about document editing....

For $50 more - it will be worth it.
    Yeah, I too just returned my pre and will be getting the next iPhone. Its a shame because I really liked the Pre and webos, but the battery life was horrible. And even after seeing the next iPhone, only two features are pushing me towards it, the new screen and battery life. If it wasn't for those two things, I could completly over look all the features and keep the pre. And it's also only $50 more, thats nuts. At&t is really overcharging the pre.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    my pre gives great reception and I never drp a call and I always have at least 3 bars, however as a entertainment device it's just boring compared to the iphone.

but maybe we expect a video game system-mp3 player-portable dvd player and more...
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I'm kind of leaning towards getting an iPhone 4, but I want to wait to see what Palm rolls out this fall.

The only drawbacks to the iPhone 4 for me would be: The on-screen keyboard - not only is it on-screen, but inserting punctuation is a pain; and then the multi-tasking - it's just not as smooth as on the Pre. It's also not as visually simple.

However, the iPhone 4 has a lot of things I *do* want.

So, we'll see....
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    There should be a poll to see how many people will get an iphone 4
    Over 1.7 million people on launch day. There's your poll. :P Fast-forward a month and a half later and they're STILL sold out everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Over 1.7 million people on launch day. There's your poll. :P Fast-forward a month and a half later and they're STILL sold out everywhere.
    People are still lining up en masse daily in Canada.

2 weeks after release.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    i have no need to be defensive, i have no plans of going to expensive ***** att...i just like calling people out on their blatant hypocrisy. if a new palm phone came out tomorrow u would be all over it. the pre would magically stop meeting your needs im sure LOL.
    Actually I think you are quite wrong. I switched to a Palm Pre+ from an LG Shine because my contract was up and the Pre+ was available at AT&T and it is able to run Pocket Quicken using Classic Apps which is the main reason I was still carrying a Palm Zire 31 around with me. There might not be 200k apps available but no one installs 200k apps anyway. As long as the Pre+ continues to meet my needs I am not looking at newer-brighter-shinier Palms that might come out until I am able to get discounts at contract renewal time because I have better things to do with my money than blow it on the latest blingage that comes out just so I can make a fashion statement. The only reason I went to a Zune HD was because my original Zune 30 was stolen. If that device hadn't been stolen I would still be happily using it because it was still meeting my needs. BTW all the carrier hating going on depends on location. Here in Phoenix, Sprint sucks and AT&T rocks.
  8.    #288  
    The comparison in the opening post has been expanded to include the Pre 2.

The Pre 2 adds these features to the Pre:
    Clock Speed: 1GHz (Note: Many overclock the Pre and Pre Plus to 1.2 GHz)
    Memory: 16 GB (Same as the Pre Plus)
    Screen: Glass
    Camera Resolution: 5 MP

The Pre 2 does not change these features:
    Display: 3.1"
    Resolution: 320 x 480
    microSD Card: none
    Video Chat: none
    Front camera: none
    Camera Autofocus: none
    Camera Zoom: none
    4G or LTE compatibility: none
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The comparison in the opening post has been expanded to include the Pre 2.

The Pre 2 adds these features to the Pre:
    Clock Speed: 1GHz (Note: Many overclock the Pre and Pre Plus to 1.2 GHz)
    Memory: 16 GB (Same as the Pre Plus)
    Screen: Glass
    Camera Resolution: 5 MP

The Pre 2 does not change these features:
    Display: 3.1"
    Resolution: 320 x 480
    microSD Card: none
    Video Chat: none
    Front camera: none
    Camera Autofocus: none
    Camera Zoom: none
    4G or LTE compatibility: none
    Don't forget the feature it removes, the ability to run Pocket Quicken or other PalmOS apps.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I am really excited for webos 2.0 and the pre 2 and when I heard the pre 2 will have an unlocked version I was psyched! but right now I can only buy one phone and I am offered an iphone 4 unlocked for 700$ which i can afford but it would be cheaper to buy a pre 2 and save some money so my question is the geo location app catalog issue still around because I am not in an official country and I heard the sim free version will be out today in the UK ?
    Wait and see what happenes.

Nobody is certain and there is no official statment as to what the apps catalog will look like after the unlocked versions are out. Several current users from SFR France and someone who is HP Employee stated that: The apps catalog seems unchanged; however, nobody confirmed.
    Buy Iphone 4, and wait for some new, future, WebOS device.
    The iPhone 4 has a better screen, a front facing camera and a compass. The Pre 2 has a hardware keyboard.

Other than those differences the phones are very competitive. The CPU/GPUs are about the same performance wise and they both have 512MB of RAM. I think webOS 2.0 will be a big plus for the Pre 2 as well.

Yes there will probably be a higher end webOS phone announced at CES, but the Pre 2 isn't the giant POS a lot of the trolls here make it out to be.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I can buy an iphone 4 sim free for a little more, hp/palm you are kidding.
    I would say get the pre 2. Yes, I'm being bias because I prefer the pre...just as every Iphone users.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaled93 View Post
    I can buy an iphone 4 sim free for a little more, hp/palm you are kidding.
    I was holding off for the Pre2 .. now I am not anymore. The price is way too expensive.

I was aiming at something in the rang of $300 to $400. I would say pass on the Pre 2 .

I hate iPhones in general but I can never recommend Pre 2 with that Price Tag.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    excatly, I wanted to save some money with buying the pre 2 but i guess not, I love the iphone's hardware but ios ui is really abysmal compared to webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The iPhone 4 has a better screen, a front facing camera and a compass. The Pre 2 has a hardware keyboard.

Other than those differences the phones are very competitive. The CPU/GPUs are about the same performance wise and they both have 512MB of RAM. I think webOS 2.0 will be a big plus for the Pre 2 as well.

Yes there will probably be a higher end webOS phone announced at CES, but the Pre 2 isn't the giant POS a lot of the trolls here make it out to be.
    You're kidding right?

iOS kind of blows webOS away right now. Even if i do like webOS's UI and multitasking better. That's not nearly enough when everything else is superior on iOS.

When you consider itunes, app's, cydia apps, and how well polished iOS native apps are, it's not a contest.

The potential may be there for webOS, but its not realized..not by a long shot.
    One problem with the iphone 4 is if you plan to use it as a phone.