1.    #1  
    HTC Evo has it. The Iphone 4 announced today has front/back 5mb cameras. And they both shoot 720p HD video. Not to mention big touchscreens. Palm has it's work cut out for it. Should they release a new webos phone with similar specs or try to top HTC and Apple?
    /opinion

This is an industry that is built on "1ups" You can't release a product with similar specs and expect to have any merit or do well. If Palm is to succeed they have to continue the cycle of 1 upping the competition.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    /opinion

This is an industry that is built on "1ups" You can't release a product with similar specs and expect to have any merit or do well. If Palm is to succeed they have to continue the cycle of 1 upping the competition.
    Nice opinion Very simple and true
    /opinion

is this a hint on whats coming?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    While I doubt it's any sort of hint, I really do hope somethings coming -- and soon. I'm tired of the laggy UI and small amount of flash space. I need more space for my music and would much appreciate some other features like slightly larger screen and keyboard.
    Video Calls with the iPhone via WiFi! =(
    /opinion

And you personally have made sure they understand this up the chain at Palm and HP, right? ;-)
    Damage control.
    Sure, the media only looks at the numbers, and that what dictates the next hot phone. It doesn't change the fact that they are still using tiny sensors, and the pics aren't even as good as a 3MP $100 point and shoot camera.

I would rather have more attention put into a great clicky keyboard, and a stronger external speaker.
    Wrong forum. I hope a front facing camera is coming, but this has no connection to the currently released Palm Pre or Pre Plus, please use the forum more efficiently.
    No
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Wrong forum.....
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Good points about being a bit different in order to keep and attract users (although with comments being made my HP, I'm a bit concerned).

Frankly if they can continue with the vertical slide out QWERTY "physical" keyboard that will keep a few of us, so as long as they don't lag behind. Improvements to the sometimes slow responding UI , adding external memory with a premium wide to zoom camera and HD video would beat Apple and HTC is a couple catagories. Obviously size and battery life is going to be a two-edged sword for them ... some want more/better features, battery life and display size while other appreciate the pocketable smallness? I know for many of us, Android and Apple OS seems to to be passing webOS and without something in the near pipeline we'll be leaving for those leaping ahead. It's hard to get carriers and media hype if you're looking like an old dog.
    Palm needs to come out with 2 phones (which is actually fairly easy) to cater to the 2 main types of people. One larger phone with a virtual keyboard (think Evo and iPhone size), and another smaller version that is more "pocketable" without being a "wimp" (like the Pre Plus compared to the Pixi).
    by the time Palm/HP/Verizon/etc have a Skype client for webOS, there will be plenty of new models from every competitor... It really ticks me off that VZ is promoting Skype on Android and Blackberry, and snubbing webOS. Those phones don't have a front facing camera either - but they can still make Skype calls... I very rarely use Skype with a camera anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Palm needs to come out with 2 phones (which is actually fairly easy) to cater to the 2 main types of people. One larger phone with a virtual keyboard (think Evo and iPhone size), and another smaller version that is more "pocketable" without being a "wimp" (like the Pre Plus compared to the Pixi).
    I agree. I'd like to see a slightly bigger screen on the Pre (don't care about resolution, just slightly bigger for old eyes). A slab for those that want one (which is a large segment, apparently) and a Pix-like device for those not liking the slider. All with equal features and CPU, not hamstrung to support some fictional view of segmenting power users (which is all about software) by hardware (some power users want a keyboard, and some don't. some power users like a slider, some don't)... all should have the same CPU and functionality...
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    /opinion

Well it certainly sets a standard. As we can now see because of webos android and "supposedly" iPhone can multi-task. So the next Palm phone at the LEAST will have to be 4G enabled and front face camera.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    HTC Evo has it. The Iphone 4 announced today has front/back 5mb cameras. And they both shoot 720p HD video. Not to mention big touchscreens. Palm has it's work cut out for it. Should they release a new webos phone with similar specs or try to top HTC and Apple?
    I'm surprised no 1 corrected him their is only 1 back 5mega pixel and the front is only VGA, the evo is 1.3megapixel and the front camera does not do bs quality only back 1
    uh... why would skype make an app for webos when you dont have a mic api yet? or have i missed that feature was already released?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    by the time Palm/HP/Verizon/etc have a Skype client for webOS, there will be plenty of new models from every competitor... It really ticks me off that VZ is promoting Skype on Android and Blackberry, and snubbing webOS. Those phones don't have a front facing camera either - but they can still make Skype calls... I very rarely use Skype with a camera anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Yep, Palm and Skype will make a powerful combo.

Sales rep: And here we have a Palm Pre 2

Customer: Looks small & cheap. Does it have a touch screen? A browser?

Sales rep: It sure does. And it has Skype too!

Customer: What's a Skype?

Sales Rep: It's a great app that allows you to make phone calls...

Customer: Umm. that's great...can i just see the iphone?