Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    I broke my pre 2 weeks before the evo launch and didn't want to shell out $100 insurance deductable for a new one since i had already broken 4 of them so i bought an evo. I was prob gonna get one anyway. I bought asphalt 5 and am really disappointed with the way it looks and runs. its choppy and the picture looks grainy. the phone is great albeit android is much more difficult to use than webos. but it looks like from a gaming perspective that the pre has the evo beat!. i'm still hoping to be back to webos next year...
    I was unaware Android could run any of the 3D games...
    It's due to the game's coding and not the phone.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    they are starting to trickle in. gameloft has the most. idk if any of glu's are 3-d. they have assassin's creed and modern warfare along with let's golf and some others. but i'm not sure if i'm gonna buy them based on how poorly asphalt 5 runs. the one good thing is if you uninstall it before 24 hours after buying it you get a refund automatically. most of gameloft's games aren't on the android market you have to got to gameloft's site to buy them.
    Gameloft is hit or miss. Most of their games, like Skater Nation run horribly on the Pre. There's another 3D racing game (which name escapes me) for Android that plays and run a lot better than Asphalt 5.
    Actually, it is due to the graphic processor in the EVO (if you don't believe, go check the android site), it is not quite up to snuff with Apple's and Palm's.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    yeah i think the gpu in the pre is much better
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Actually, it is due to the graphic processor in the EVO (if you don't believe, go check the android site), it is not quite up to snuff with Apple's and Palm's.
    This is true. I've been spending a good amount of time over at Android Central lately and have learned alot lol. The Pre and Iphone GPU is indeed better than the EVO's. However, another reason why Asphalt 5 runs poorly on the EVO is due to code optimization. That game was ported to Android without being optimized for it's GPU.

Most 3D games run great on the EVO.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    another reason i was thinking abot is the fact that when you download the entire game it stores it on the sd card. so running it on the card that came with the phone might have an effect. i'm not sure what the class is for the card it was already installed in the phone out of the box.