Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm due for my Sprint upgrade on July 1st, but I really don't want to convert to Android. I find it inferior in every way to WebOS. I also will never convert to iPhone, because of AT&T's new ridiculous data plans. C'mon now. Just give us a new phone SOON!!!!!!! I want to know what to do with my upgrade!!!!!
    I'm really hoping Palm comes out with a new phone soon. I've had my Pre for almost a year now and really need something new.

It's been so slow here lately that I've been spending a good amount of time over at AndroidCentral lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm really hoping Palm comes out with a new phone soon. I've had my Pre for almost a year now and really need something new.

It's been so slow here lately that I've been spending a good amount of time over at AndroidCentral lol.
    Haha. Me too. After playing with Evo. I'm more than willing to wait for the next best webOS device though. Still, it's fun to read up on the other phones and the tech that drives them.
    sounds like the old song 'i need a new drug'...

I believe that palm will bring the Plus to sprint, and then announce amazing new stuff on (or before) CES in January.

you can look at their financial projections and see bumps in revenue (prod launch) and in expense (pre launch manufacturing of inventory)

by then HP will be spending money to speed things up. They need an early win to make wall street happy. IMHO.
    Well let me tell u I bought the EVO n love it but I also kept the Pre n the EVO has a looot of nice figures that is hard not to like I love everything about it BUUUUT I have to admit WEBOS is far superior n that's the reason why I kept my Pre so when Palm comes out with something soon I hope I Will get it because WEBOS is way better but the EVO is not a bad phone at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post

I believe that palm will bring the Plus to sprint, and then announce amazing new stuff on (or before) CES in January.

you can look at their financial projections and see bumps in revenue (prod launch) and in expense (pre launch manufacturing of inventory)

by then HP will be spending money to speed things up. They need an early win to make wall street happy. IMHO.
    I doubt that Sprint getting the Plus models would be enough to make people stay. Yes it has more storage and RAM, but it's still the same old thing. We need brand new hardware with impressive specs.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

I really hope to see a new (non-Pre-Plus) phone on Sprint before summer of 2011. If Palm doesn't have something out and ready by Winter 2010 I'll probably jump ship to Android.

"a new phone"? I'm expecting at least 2 or 3 in various form factors, if they want to be at least a little bit competitive.
    I think you will get both. I hope they can accelerate once the merger is done...
    @flip,you're right the Evo isn't a bad phone @ all,just that it doesn't have the webos operating system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    "a new phone"? I'm expecting at least 2 or 3 in various form factors, if they want to be at least a little bit competitive.
    I would love it if they came out with an array of phones... However, I would be happy if they even came out with one.

It feels like I'm reliving the Helio nightmare over again. "Don't leave Helio yet! The Ocean 2 will be here soon! We just need to wait!"... (I doubt anyone is going to get that reference lol)
    I hope that Palm/HP can keep up with the new android devices in terms of hardware specs. Right now, they can't put out anything that is less than the EVO 4G hardware-wise. That device has become the new gold standard in smartphones. And by the time that Palm/HP announces a new phone, I'm sure that standard would have evolved.
    I was also thinking, it would be sweet if Palm licensed webOS to other phone manufacturers like HTC. You would get a new webOS device every few months with better and better hardware. But I doubt that would ever happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmOD View Post
    I was also thinking, it would be sweet if Palm licensed webOS to other phone manufacturers like HTC. You would get a new webOS device every few months with better and better hardware. But I doubt that would ever happen...
    I doubt that will happen... Mainly because HP probably wants WebOS all for themselves.

Actually, I'd be surprised if we don't see a new device in the Aug-Sept. timeframe. It was stated very early after the HP acquisition announcement that it would be some time before an HP-influence Palm device is released, and that the current Palm roadmap would continue in the meantime.

So, while I can see HP Palm devices announced at next year's CES, I'm expecting the next-gen device on Sprint by the end of the summer (and to other carriers 60-90 days thereafter). Then again, I'm also very optimistic in general: I think we could also see a Palm-designed tablet sometime in Q4.

I'm interested, though, in what you wrote about financial projections and such. Do you have a link?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Never happen. HP sees webOS as a way to control the experience (a la Apple) and to save money (no Microsoft licenses). They don't see it, I'm betting, as any kind of revenue play. So, there's very little reason for them to license webOS and many reasons not to do so.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I would love it if they came out with an array of phones... However, I would be happy if they even came out with one.

It feels like I'm reliving the Helio nightmare over again. "Don't leave Helio yet! The Ocean 2 will be here soon! We just need to wait!"... (I doubt anyone is going to get that reference lol)
    Hahaha! I too was once a proud Helion! Waited for the Ocean 2 until I couldn't take anymore, and it wasn't worth the wait anyway! I really hope the same thing doesn't happen with Palm. I paid full price for my Pre on launch day since I wasn't eligible for an upgrade and I'll continue to wait for the next WebOs device but I'm not sure how much longer.
    tough to justify paying palm for a license when google gives Android to them for free. Just like microsoft used to give stuff away to lock out competition, which makes it hard for anyone to pay for phone7, webOS, etc. But I WISH some would, like the days when sony made a PalmOS PDA ?d kyocera made a PalmOS phone. Great hardware...

hp could really hurt google and microsoft if they would license webOS for free to grab share in such an early market... I can dream...
    I'm a prett patient person and can handle the wait. Anyone that reads my posts knows that I am a big supporter of palm, but I will be really upset if I end up waiting all this time just for another phone with subpar build quality or weak specs.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    The solution: Sony Clié 2 + webOS

Those Cliés are still the best Palm OS devices. They can still compete with the iPod Touches and PDA's of today...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast