Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm really hoping Palm comes out with a new phone soon. I've had my Pre for almost a year now and really need something new.

It's been so slow here lately that I've been spending a good amount of time over at AndroidCentral lol.

mee tooo man
    <<<< WebOS Represent >>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I doubt that Sprint getting the Plus models would be enough to make people stay. Yes it has more storage and RAM, but it's still the same old thing. We need brand new hardware with impressive specs.
    Agree completely, more Ram and Storage won't do it for most people, but it would easily be appreciated by new users. One of my friends just bought a Sprint Palm Pixi (actually go it free), but either way would have been nice to have more RAM like the Pixi Plus.

Either way, he loves his first smartphone and digs what the Pixi offers with multitasking, integration, and all the stuff we love in webOS.

I'm hoping the rumors of new Sprint Palm hardware coming this fall are true. We'll see, Sorli...

Sorli...
    Personally, I don't know why Palm continued to make the standard versions once the Plus versions hit verizon. If they had inventory, which we know they do, they should've stopped any more shipments of the standard versions and just made plus versions for verizon and sprint and started shipping the Plus version to sprint once any exclusivity is up. It's not like Palm is in any sort of driver's seat, they should be doing what they can to keep current customers happy and draw in new ones. Bring the Plus versions to Sprint and let "current" Sprint webOS owners upgrade for cheap without incurring a new contract. Something to tide owners over until a new phone or phones is released.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I'm a prett patient person and can handle the wait. Anyone that reads my posts knows that I am a big supporter of palm, but I will be really upset if I end up waiting all this time just for another phone with subpar build quality or weak specs.
    I agree. The wait isn't getting to me at all. I just hope the end result ends up being worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Personally, I don't know why Palm continued to make the standard versions once the Plus versions hit verizon. If they had inventory, which we know they do, they should've stopped any more shipments of the standard versions and just made plus versions for verizon and sprint and started shipping the Plus version to sprint once any exclusivity is up. It's not like Palm is in any sort of driver's seat, they should be doing what they can to keep current customers happy and draw in new ones. Bring the Plus versions to Sprint and let "current" Sprint webOS owners upgrade for cheap without incurring a new contract. Something to tide owners over until a new phone or phones is released.
    Absolutely. This is maddening!
    Think that gets furthered by VaccPalm's statement that sprint reps are saying many of the evo buyers are people dumping the Pre.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ugriffin View Post
    The solution: Sony Clié 2 + webOS

Those Cliés are still the best Palm OS devices. They can still compete with the iPod Touches and PDA's of today...

I still have mine a drawer around here
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    palm needs apps badly... That's really it.

I'm switching as soon as I can fin the money.
    That was to be expected it was just too bad for HP that the 1 year upgrade date of us pre owners coincided with the release of the EVO. Just reading this forum you can tell it was a huge exodus from the Pre to the EVO .HP should have said something, anything before June 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Think that gets furthered by VaccPalm's statement that sprint reps are saying many of the evo buyers are people dumping the Pre.
    gotta give the timing to HTC then...Palm looking like it's cooked, HP coming in, nothing going on. We're not in the smartphone business, but we are. No new products on the horizon. The rest of the webOS community using plus versions. Sprint? nada. Wow, the Evo? My contract is up? What the hell. Can't be any worse...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    sounds like the old song 'i need a new drug'...

I believe that palm will bring the Plus to sprint, and then announce amazing new stuff on (or before) CES in January.
    I would be happy with this, especially since I just bought my Pre in April. Would be willing to spend some dough on a non-subsidized Pre+ and then use my April 2011 upgrade on a Palm NewHotness.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    The next webos device doesn't appear to have had HP's hand in it - assuming the rumors of SKU's popping up in Sprint's inventory are to be believed. I'm betting we won't see HP's influence until 2011.
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I hope they don't wait that long. Besides Android they'll be fighting WP7 which will have phones on multiple carriers. If Palm waits that long and then only comes out on Sprint in April, 2011? Don't think that would bode well for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ****-richardson View Post
    The next webos device doesn't appear to have had HP's hand in it - assuming the rumors of SKU's popping up in Sprint's inventory are to be believed. I'm betting we won't see HP's influence until 2011.
    Rumors are rumors, but Boy Genius just got their hands on the internal Sprint launch sheet for June/July, and there was no mention of a new Pre even though there was mention of a new version of the Samsung Moment (the M910).

With the Evo selling more in one day then the first three days of the Instinct and Pre COMBINED despite few ads, it's clear that Sprint will be smart to continue hitching their wagon to big screen Android superphones with 4G capabilities. The next WebOS device has to leapfrog the Pre the same way this leapfrogged the Hero. A somewhat bigger screen and more RAM won't be enough by a longshot.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    What ever they come out with, I hope it's top of the line at the time of release. I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of the next WebOS phone so that I can convert back to WebOS. =)
    The news coming out of HP today is web-enabled printers (see thread here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/future-...t-article.html).
    My thought is that they could easily bundle webos phones with these sales which would have a remote control feature on it. I am optimistic as this would create more app development making the pre more popular thus ensuring the possibility of more than one webos phone being offered to the consumer. But they obviously can't say much about webos right now as the merger is not complete yet.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12