Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. bog3nator's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #1  
    so i just thought i would share that one of my friends was given a palm pre + from ATT for a free trail for 30 days. she has always had an android phone, one of her friends is the biggest android lover ever and would bash everything else. well she got her pre and was not sure if it could replace her old google phone. well she loves the pre and cant believe how easy everything is. it just puts a giant smile on my face.

    he continued to try and bash webos and he kept saying does the pre have this or that and i kept saying yes it does. i told her about patching and homebrew and next time i see her i am going to put preware on it. she was pretty impressed it seemed so easy to patch and put homebrew apps on her phone. anyways just thought i would share a success story.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/05/2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: edit title
  2. #2  
    The only part I'm confused on is whether your friend is a "he or she"

    Other than that, I'm glad more people are appreciating webOS for what it is!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    The only part I'm confused on is whether your friend is a "he or she"

    Other than that, I'm glad more people are appreciating webOS for what it is!
    I think the answer is both. The she is the friend with the pre plus and the he is another friend who is the webOS basher.
  4. #4  
    I am a phone junkie. I am sitting here with an iPhone, a Nexus One and a Palm Pre. Each have their strngths, but for me, WebOS is the best mobile platform hands down. When you consider the limited resources Palm actually has as compared to Google and Apple, it makes it even better. Now if HP will just sink some money into it and we will really see what WebOS is capable of.
  5. #5  
    ...or maybe a he on weekdays and a she on the weekend? Who cares, we'll take what we can get!
  6. #6  
    to be perfectly honest android has a hell of alot more apps the palm
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    to be perfectly honest android has a hell of alot more apps the palm
    to be perfectly honest with you, i dont really care much about apps (i know many ppl do) but in my opinion, all the apps i have on my palm pre are perfect for me.
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  8. Balzak's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    #8  
    Do they have an app that turns a he to a she?
  9. #9  
    I simply cannot stand people that bash things just for the reason of bashing it, having never tried it or even done their homework on it. Android and iphone users are so convinced that everything out there is miniscule compared to their elitist 'prime of the phone industry' devices that they choose to ignore the scene completely, all the while building themselves up as high and mighty. Not saying webos doesn't have it's share of high and mighty supporters, just saying people nowadays are convinced through advertising and the social arena that what they have is better when it shouldn't be that way. That's my two cents
  10. bog3nator's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #10  
    it is a she who has the pre and a he who bashes the pre haha. yea he kept saying that the app store for the pre was complete cr@p. i was like dude i would rather have 80% of the apps be awsome, instead of 50% be awsome and 50% be trash and you have to sort through it all.
  11. SceneThat's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    #11  
    I've never had an Android phone, but I have had an iPod Touch for nearly 2 years now. You always hear that Apple products, even more so that Android stuff are supposed to be so intuitive. But a funny thing happened when I got my Pre Plus from Verizon last week. The WebOS interface is so intuitive that after about two days with the Pre I began trying to use WebOS gestures when I picked up my Touch! You would think it would be the other way around: that since I've had my Touch for so long I'd pick up the Pre and, for example try to press the non existent home button to get back to the apps, but no. I pick up the Touch and find myself trying to use WebOS gestures to bring up Touch apps.

    WebOS is so good that if the Pre had better battery life, I'd probably use it as a music player and leave the Touch at home (Those who play games on the Touch probably wouldn't be able to do this). There are a few apps that I would love to have on the Pre, and I do carry chargers everywhere I go (both a car charger and a house charger), but I'm not surprised that your friend finds the Pre so intuitive. It's the most intuitive phone/mobile device I've ever used.

    JD
  12. bog3nator's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
       #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SceneThat View Post
    I've never had an Android phone, but I have had an iPod Touch for nearly 2 years now. You always hear that Apple products, even more so that Android stuff are supposed to be so intuitive. But a funny thing happened when I got my Pre Plus from Verizon last week. The WebOS interface is so intuitive that after about two days with the Pre I began trying to use WebOS gestures when I picked up my Touch! You would think it would be the other way around: that since I've had my Touch for so long I'd pick up the Pre and, for example try to press the non existent home button to get back to the apps, but no. I pick up the Touch and find myself trying to use WebOS gestures to bring up Touch apps.

    WebOS is so good that if the Pre had better battery life, I'd probably use it as a music player and leave the Touch at home (Those who play games on the Touch probably wouldn't be able to do this). There are a few apps that I would love to have on the Pre, and I do carry chargers everywhere I go (both a car charger and a house charger), but I'm not surprised that your friend finds the Pre so intuitive. It's the most intuitive phone/mobile device I've ever used.

    JD
    yea i was trying to use the hero that my co-worker just got and i tried to swipe to delete and i was like o yea its not that simple. i also got a mugen 1400 battery and it is working very well. i stongly recommend it.
  13. #13  
    How about this? I've been using an iPad for the past month for all my PIM/PDA functions, and it's been working great for my needs. Moreover, once I found that I was no longer using my phone for PIM/PDA stuff, I decided to re-activate my old Pre and see if I could live with webOS again. So here's the punchline....

    Yesterday, I absentmindedly tried to swipe left to go back in an iPad app!

    Obviously, nothing happened. Then I remembered "oh yeah, I've got to tap the little blue Done button way up in the right hand corner of the dialog box."
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

    ...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10

Posting Permissions