Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This thread is for all of those who saw the blue light, but avoided almost certain zapping by turning away at the last moment.

After testing out the EVO, why did you decide to stay with WebOs?

(P.S. If you want to discuss the EVO, or join the EVO fan club, please visit www.androidcentral.com)

Fair warning - This thread is for why you are staying, not why you are leaving. All leaving the Pre posts will be removed. Feel free to post here if you want to post a goodbye.
    Last edited by pogeypre; 06/04/2010 at 03:27 PM.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    I decided to stay with webOS for many reasons. The biggest reason is that I have about 18 months on my contract...

But the Evo is sooo big, I wouldn't be able to use it even if it ran webOS...
    Hey guys, today i decided to go to my nearest sprint store to check out the evo. First time i played with an android phone, I've had my 2nd pre for already a year and its been my first palm phone. I wasn't planning on switching to android because I've seen many youtube videos of android running and how multitasking works and it doesn't compare to webOS. So i wanted to see if i go in person I would have the same reaction that i had with my pre a year ago. Well first of all, the hardware is amazing, a bit too huge of a screen turned me a bit off. The one thing i didn't like was android ,very user unintuitive!!!! I'm not impressed with the multitasking at all and yes it is smooth and all with the 1ghz processor but man imho webOS is years ahead. But yeah just voicing my opinion that I'm in no way changing to the evo for the main reason that it has the androidOS. I love my palm pre and very happy with it and for this awesome community thats made it awesome!!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

im used to my palm pre and rather have something small and comfortable. I don't like laptop sized things in my pockets
    Last edited by pogeypre; 06/04/2010 at 03:55 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Feh, too big, no keyboard, no 4G in my area... I'm keeping my Pre (same old reliable Pre since July)
    Yeah I went to try it out myself... solid, nice but no true multitasking, and no keyboard... and funny how Im soooooo used to my Pre and its gesture area... I kept thinking that the Evo had a gesture area... Like flip up and toss cards.... but Im like ops silly me... it has buttons.... uuughhh no gesture
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    I held the EVO in my hand and played with it for about 15 minutes at the Sprint store. Walked away even happier with my Palm pre, but very eager for something new from Palm.
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Two things were the deciding factor for me... One: Android. Do Not Want.

And two, no physical keyboard. I do a lot of my internet browsing, forum posting, facebook commenting, etc... from my phone, I just don't like software keyboards for the amount of typing I have to do.

On top of that, I LOVE the Pre form factor. Small enough to easily fit in any of my pockets with a screen large enough for my needs.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I went to the store just to check it out, this thing is huge... no thanks. I love the form factor of the Pre. My wife was playing with the demo iPhone and started doing gestures and swipes, LOL.

too many reasons to list. I am out of my contract in August, I hope the next webOS phone is out by then.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    I love all things new, and for that reason I would love to have an evo, but I won't get one for a couple of reasons. 1st I'm not eligible for an upgrade til september. 2nd I don't feel like paying an extra $10/month to do the same thing I can do with my pre. 3rd no keyboard, the reason I bought my pre in the 1st place was for the keyboard. And 4th NO WEBOS!

the huge screen is really enticing to me, and I would definitely be willing to give android a try. But new things cost money so I'll be waiting until september and hoping that palm will have something new by then
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I went to check it out today. While the specs are amazing, this phone is way too big. The form factor of my Pre is too comfortable to make that switch. I was always interested in Android, but it seems too cluttered for my taste.
    While I Must Say That The Evo Sounds Like A Great Phone, I Think Android Isnt. I Think The Whole Android OS Is Just Another Fad Like T-Mobiles "Sidekick". The "Sidekick" Looked Cool And Gave You Cool Points Cuz Everyone Had It, But The Phone Did NOTHING!. Android, Yea, Lots Of Apps, Easy To Use, Etc Etc, But FEELS To Me Like A Dumb Phone. WebOS On The Other Hand, I LOVE IT! It Has Changed The Way I View And Use A Phone. And With The Great Community Of PreCentral, And All The Patches, And GENIUS Developers Who Are Tweaking The WebOS To Be 100% Customizable And PERFECT For The Individual User, How Could I Possibly Leave?

Look At It Like This: WebOS Is Great Now And Still "Ruff Around The Edges" Since Its Still A New OS. Its Has Potential To Be, And WILL Be, 3 Times Better Than It Is Today. So If Im Greatly Satisfied Now, Im Gunna Be In SmartPhone Heaven In The Near Future.
    I saw some one post the observation that when the on-screen keyboard is open, more than 1/2 of the screen is used, making the remaining screen smaller than the Pre...

hmmmm....
    and that's any different than any other on screen keyboard? There are many on this forum clamoring for a slate webOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    and that's any different than any other on screen keyboard? There are many on this forum clamoring for a slate webOS device.
    It would depend on how easy it is to open and close, how it looks when verticle, etc. I think it's fine on the iPhone, so it might be fine on the evo, too. Hopefully someone will psot some pics.
    I actually bought an Evo on my extra line this morning. The apps for Android are very cool, but this thing is just to big and is really annoying because I can't use gestures (LOL.) It seems like it takes twice as many touches and twice as much time to do anything on it than it does on the Pre. Personally I am glad I did this because I now know for sure, that I will wait for the next WebOS phone. I can't wait to take it back!
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    I actually bought an Evo on my extra line this morning. The apps for Android are very cool, but this thing is just to big and is really annoying because I can't use gestures (LOL.) It seems like it takes twice as many touches and twice as much time to do anything on it than it does on the Pre. Personally I am glad I did this because I now know for sure, that I will wait for the next WebOS phone. I can't wait to take it back!
    ...or sell it on ebay?
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    . . . or Make A Video Of You Hitting It With A Golf Club
    that's always been my issue with on screen keyboards. The lack of screen real estate to see what I'm typing and responding to and the ease of bringing it up. Still a reason why I like my Pixi. I just start typing. Still picking up the Evo, but I'm not getting rid of my Pre and Pixi (own both).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    It would depend on how easy it is to open and close, how it looks when verticle, etc. I think it's fine on the iPhone, so it might be fine on the evo, too. Hopefully someone will psot some pics.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    then he'd be stuck under contract till next june and have to pay full price for the next webOS device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    ...or sell it on ebay?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast