Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    I thought I was so cool. Won it in a raffle at the work xmas party IIf I would by a plan. One hour for $30 & 30 cents a minute over...

technology is a cool thing!
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    At least the old one probably doesn't crash during phone calls.

My aunt had the cells that you'd carry in a little side bag. It's amazing how far things have come (and how much further things still have to go)
    Wow, looks like a cordless pay phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balzak View Post
    Bigger is better? Its a joke (kinda). Dug this up out of the garage. Circa 1993. My first cell phone.
    Notice how much easier it is to get fingerprints on the Pre... ;-)
    I remember when My dad got the first VHS Video Recorder. You had to carry a VCR with you ( and were talkin g the suitcase sized VCR's) with this huge camera. He also got the first VCR when it came out. Somewhere in his basement he still has both.
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Notice how much easier it is to get fingerprints on the Pre... ;-)
    That drives me nuts!! In my defense I did just BBQ some chicken and send an inappropriate text
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    I remember when My dad got the first VHS Video Recorder. You had to carry a VCR with you ( and were talkin g the suitcase sized VCR's) with this huge camera. He also got the first VCR when it came out. Somewhere in his basement he still has both.
    Right after college I worked as an apprentice insurance investigator and had to be sneaky carrying a huge video camera and the recorder bag. Got burned plenty of times....
    I purchased the evo on Fri. and it is a monster of a phone. yes it is hugh but watching multi media or browsing web is a great experience and wow skype video on your phone is nothing but awesome. I was watching my grandkids playing soccer and i was video chatting with my son in europe how great is that. Lets see my first love pre do that.

Fred
    Well my Evo isn't here yet, but my innocase is. So here is the Pre in the innocase. So keep in mind the Evo is smaller than the case. It comes down to what size screen you want. If you want a screen greater than 4", it is what it is. You can only make a phone that small with a screen that size. Throwing a keyboard on it would just make it way too thick. I really don't get all the big phone bashing. Pick the screen size you want and go with it. If you're happy with the Pre's screen size, great and wonderful. If you want a 4.3" screen, well here you go. Funny thing is, for every prehugger that says it's a huge brick, there's another one wishing webOS was on it. Go figure.

*sorry, but I don't host pics anywhere so uploads are the best you get. If someone is compelled enough to host and post, go for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Cool.....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    in regards to the BB9800 and the slider form factor, That subforum on crackberry has 4 pages of threads and some threads with over 200 posts. I think there's some buzz. I think people hear just dismiss BB as do many over at Android. The players in these camps tend to be webOS, Android, iPhone, and now WP7. Don't think people around here really consider Symbian and BB as options.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    but you left out KIN...
    Kin? WP7 junior? Half the calories and a 1/4 the functionality but still that same high Verizon smartphone price? How's that working out for Verizon?
    Webos "cards" multitasking and the homebrew community is what keeps me with WebOS.

Also Palm's acceptance of homebrew and openness.
    It's the only two things really going for it.... If Palm didn't embrace homebrew, they'd be that much further in the dumper since they'd lose that cult tech crowd.
    this thread has really drifted...
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Hey guys, today i decided to go to my nearest sprint store to check out the evo. First time i played with an android phone, I've had my 2nd pre for already a year and its been my first palm phone. I wasn't planning on switching to android because I've seen many youtube videos of android running and how multitasking works and it doesn't compare to webOS. So i wanted to see if i go in person I would have the same reaction that i had with my pre a year ago. Well first of all, the hardware is amazing, a bit too huge of a screen turned me a bit off. The one thing i didn't like was android ,very user unintuitive!!!! I'm not impressed with the multitasking at all and yes it is smooth and all with the 1ghz processor but man imho webOS is years ahead. But yeah just voicing my opinion that I'm in no way changing to the evo for the main reason that it has the androidOS. I love my palm pre and very happy with it and for this awesome community thats made it awesome!!!
    I feel like people don't realize how to multi-task on android if they say its not good. I'd put it half a step behind Palm's since WebOS is more visual indicator.

On android devices you hold down the Home button and all open apps pop up (almost Alt+Tab on a PC).
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I feel like people don't realize how to multi-task on android if they say its not good. I'd put it half a step behind Palm's since WebOS is more visual indicator.

On android devices you hold down the Home button and all open apps pop up (almost Alt+Tab on a PC).
    for me it just showed 6 icons, yeah that really shows multitasking!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    for me it just showed 6 icons, yeah that really shows multitasking!
    Most used/currently open.

Do you have use more than 6 cards on your Pre often? I can think of a handful of times i've done that and it was out of laziness of not closing things.

3-5 is my usually number. And thats not counting the dreaded "too many cards" error when i have 1 card (or no cards!) open.
    And how many apps were you actually trying to run? Out of curiosity, how often to you have more than six cards open on the Pre?