Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 181
  1. #41  
    has anyone had it long enough to run the battery down? My first day with my Pre+ I made it to about 5 hours of constant downloading and radio pounding. I'm sure the evo users are doing the same thing. How many hours are they getting (or not getting)?
  2. #42  
    Well I would say to sticky the buh bye thread, but it seems to have enough legs to be solidfied on page 1 I just don't see why this needed to be a sticky. If enough people cared to post it would always sit on page one, and it's not like there were a plethora of "I'm sticking with webOS" threads popping up. Pre people seem to stick their two cents into all the other threads anywayabout staying whether it's a level headed comparison or just another "Android sucks, webOS rules" post.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yes, surely a side point.

    Are there other threads you would of rather saw stickied?

    Perhaps PM pogey and discuss it with him.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  3. #43  
    and I'd love to give more Evo detail, but mine doesn't come till Tuesday. All my experience is with the Hero and Moment. I'll activate the Evo on my line and move the Pre to the spare line. If I feel motivated enough I'll put my camera on a little tripod and try to do some side by side comparisons.

    Kupe has the multitasking correct. Outside of the elegant thing with webOS, when I'm referring to one app to write something in the other, it is a little easier in webOS because I can go to the referring app in card view and see text without actually going back to the app. It's just a tap to go to card view, slight shift and then tap to continue typing in the program I'm in. It's quicker than a complete back and forth in Android. But other than that I had no issues cruising around open apps.

    I do wish there was a quick way to just exit an app instead of it just dying out, but it's not a big deal. Well written apps don't have any task issues, it's the badly written ones that continue to use resources and cause problems.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4. #44  
    i played with one today while I was at work....bugging the BBY Mobile guys at one of my stores.

    no physical keyboard is always a huge turnoff for me

    screen size on the evo was nice, made my pre screen feel microscopic. it is too big for daily use, however, the pre could have a 1/2" larger screen and not feel huge.

    build quality felt great on the evo, but then again it does on the motorola droid as well. made my pre feel cheap

    camera on the evo is AWESOME....so clear

    evo felt pretty quick....probably would have felt super quick but my pre is 800mhz hah

    android seemed alright....didnt play with it long enough to have any real complaints. i kinda liked the hard buttons in the "gesture" area, but then again, gestures work just fine for me as well


    overall, it made me realize I want a 1/2-3/4" larger screen on the pre....it also made me realize I want a faster processor and a much better camera. It also made me realize that I would like a physical phone thats built nice...maybe some nice aluminum over the crappy plastic.

    it also made me realize that webos is flippin awesome and the dev community is WONDERFUL

    bring on the pre 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @agentmock

    Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
  5. #45  
    Now that we have that settled....

    Let's get back on topic.
    Just call me Berd.
  6. #46  
    now why would we do a thing like that? Not like this thread is going anywhere
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  7. #47  
    webOS or die!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  8. #48  
    I love my PRE & will not be leaving. I don't think there is anything that could take me from Palm. I have really enjoyed using my Palm treo's & the PRE. Just waiting to see what Palm brings out next & until then I'm VERY happy with my PRE. WebOS IS the best.
  9. 2_hotty's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #49  
    I haven't yet checked out the EVO in person, however my biggest problem is with Android. I got a Samsung Moment for free so I tried it out for two weeks. I couldn't wait to go back to my Pre. I just don't like the Android OS as much as I like WebOS. Because of that, the EVO isn't that appealing to me.
  10.    #50  
    Regarding the Sticky -

    This is a Palm/WebOs/Pre/Pixi site, not an Android/Apple/RIM site. There are developers that have invested a lot of time and money into this platform, and both developers and users deserve to be heard on "their" site. I understand that this can be a point of contention for those who are bailing, which is why they have their own unstuck thread. Putting a sticky on a thread for those who do not like Palm/WebOs/Pre/Pixi, is counterintuitive.

    Now, for full disclosure, I upgraded my business line from the Hero to the EVO, but my personal line will for better or worse be a WebOs phone.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    Oh You know why? It's a Pre user ego stroke. Pre loyalist feel the phone world is against them and they hate any mention of the EVO as a better phone and this is a defense mechanism. That's why the first thread attempts to stop all contrary opinions with threat of deletion. It's essentially a thread dedicated entirely to people of like mind. That mind being those happy with a Pre. And it's stickied to give it it status at the top of the cross platform thread.
    Gotta look at it their way. Precentral forums (as do the sister forums) exist to drive their online store sales. They've gone to a lot of trouble to set up homebrew and have done a great job making this the premier Palm Pre site.

    I wouldn't want Evo threads mucking it up either.

    It should be troubling for Palm because Sprint is still their main revenue base. At least a Plus Pre should be in the works by June 6 and we've heard nothing. My wife wants a new phone as well as the other Pre owner on my account. Both have had lots of hardware problems with it and over time have realized the software shortcomings.

    I'm not saying they'd upgrade to the Plus, but that option isn't even there. It's the not knowing that has them looking around.

    "Is palm coming out with something else?" I have to answer "no idea"
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    has anyone had it long enough to run the battery down? My first day with my Pre+ I made it to about 5 hours of constant downloading and radio pounding. I'm sure the evo users are doing the same thing. How many hours are they getting (or not getting)?
    Not yet, but I am trying. Goes down very fast, I think Evo will beat your 5 hr with 6 hr of constant downloading, setting adjusting, widgets installing and deleting (not doing what I want)
  13. #53  
    I played with my cousin's EVO .The hardware is great. Sadly it has Android OS. I like the voice recognition and live wallpapers on android but don't like the UI. I brought PALM PRE 6 months ago and I'm very satisfied with it. In future I want to see WebOS devices with better hardware.
  14. #54  
    I just cannot get past the size.

    the hardware, is ofcourse lovely, but the lack of a keyboard is a drawback for me.

    the interface is less fluid, but android does have its perks.

    however, given how fast webOS has evolved, the jumps it made in the last year, and HP's commitment to investing heavily in it, I think those advantages will be short lived.

    Ultimately though, the evo dosn't bring any leaps in function, or processing its an upgrade, yes, but for me a leap is dual-core for example.

    plus i don't want to leave my games.
    There are four lights.
  15. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    Urkel:
    1. $10 for uncapped data on 3g or 4g. A few on here have mentioned they go over limits.
    2. PDAnet gives you tethering on the Evo. No hotspot needed. No $30/mo needed.
    3. The hotspot fee isn't mandatory. You need to rethink your math. That's $720/yr back in your pocket.
    4. personal opinion. nothing wrong here outside of how many threads you need to post this in. Some would say Android is superior for one reason or another. widgets and doc editing would be two off the top of my head. webOS's static background is so useless.
    5) I guess there's no accounting for taste (said in good fun).
    1) Im still looking for people who go over 5GB to explain how they do it without tethering. I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just curious because I think most people think they use a lot more data than they do.
    2/3) That's a very good tip and as you said, it would fix my broken math by a ton. Do you know if it works well on the EVO because if so then it's definitely a major savings and can help people (or me especially) justify the $10/mo EVO fee.
    4) ??? Maybe youre confusing me with someone else? I talk about the iPhone/iPad a lot so I can see how I can be tagged as an Apple Product fan, but when it comes to Android then I'm pretty positive towards it as a platform and praise the impact it has on the industry. I'm 110% behind Android because they keep Apple from getting too powerful and because Google seem to be going in the right direction.
    5) I get that you're just poking fun at me for liking the iPhone but I see all these devices as tools for a job. For now then Apple's got the apps I need to optimize my daily workflow so it's my preferred platform but once Android starts getting more apps then I'm fine with switching around.

    No company should be a market leader for too long and as a consumer then I'll follow what fits me as an individual. So while I may preferred list goes iPhone > EVO > Pre then I'm sticking with the Pre. But if the PDA Net thing gives free reliable tethering like you say (or if Sprint gets Froyo updated soon) then I'll definitely consider the switch.
  16. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    however, given how fast webOS has evolved, the jumps it made in the last year, and HP's commitment to investing heavily in it, I think those advantages will be short lived.
    May I ask what jumps WebOS has made in the last year and how WebOS has evolved? I'm not trying to argue it, but I feel WebOS from Feb09 (CES) to Jun6 (Launch) to Jun5 (Now) is exactly the same and any improvements have been attempts to optimize it. In fact, I'd say my phone may have been more reliable several patches ago than it is now.

    Again, im not fighting your claim. I just want to know if I'm underappreciating something that I may have overlooked.
  17. Balzak's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    #57  
    I went into RS last night near closing time to pick up the last touckstone and asked them about the EVO sales. They said theywere busy and sold out. I checked it out and it looked nice but too big for me and I love webos. What I did like was that it felt sturdy and well constructed. But on the other hand so is a brick. I'll wait for the new webos phone
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    May I ask what jumps WebOS has made in the last year and how WebOS has evolved? I'm not trying to argue it, but I feel WebOS from Feb09 (CES) to Jun6 (Launch) to Jun5 (Now) is exactly the same and any improvements have been attempts to optimize it. In fact, I'd say my phone may have been more reliable several patches ago than it is now.

    Again, im not fighting your claim. I just want to know if I'm underappreciating something that I may have overlooked.
    there's plenty of things that have changed, added, evolved and whatnot, tones of little incremental improvements, multiple revisions and upgrades to the background processing engine, as well as big ticket items like video recording and what not.

    check here

    Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Software update information and release notes for Palm Pre for Sprint

    for a list of things, not entirely complete!



    I should add, that my stellar experience with regular updates from palm, combined with the uncertainty facing some android users in regards to upgrade-ability of legacy devices, are another reason i am not opting for my upgrade at the moment.
    Last edited by windzilla; 06/05/2010 at 01:24 PM.
    There are four lights.
  19. #59  
    SDK, PDK, App Catalog, Video App, Faster, Hooks for Flash, Lots of back end and API work, Interface tweaks like adding swipe up to unlock for those of us that hate the little icon... Read the release notes to see a better list. The big thing is the way they have enabled 3rd party developers and homebrewers. It is architected to make stuff like UberKernel possible.. Amazing.
  20. #60  
    My contract is up but I'm waiting for the next webOS device from Palm...are you kidding me? I've tried using every new phone that's come out since the Pre and they all leave a sour taste in my mouth. Not one of these phones released after the Pre is even close to being as intuitive and easy to use as my Pre. After about 5 minutes I'm ready to throw them against the wall! Evo is no different, sorry...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!


Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions