1.    #1  
    MS has announced and has mock-ups for a version of Windows for Tablets known as Windows Embedded Compact 7, and MS has a LOT of Tablets on display at Computex. More competition for WebOS as a tablet platform.

Windows EC7
    Microsoft Windows Embedded Compact 7 explained, trial download now available -- Engadget

MS array of tablets
    Microsoft reveals Windows Embedded Compact 7 at Computex, hosts heaps of tablets -- Engadget

I wonder if HP Slate is being retooled for Windows EC7. People were worried about tablets running full blown version of Windows 7 and this seems to be the possible solution. I am interested to see how well this is executed.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Even though I'm currently an iPad user, I really believe tablets are a legitimate category so I want as many legitimate competitors as possible to keep things moving. I was very upset when the Courier got cancelled, but the Windows Embedded Compact 7 does look very impressive. The biggest problem again is that damn name.

Microsoft has to look at todays world and learn how to name things accordingly. Windows 7 Home Premium. Windows Phone 7 Series. Windows Embedded Compact 7. Compare those to simple names like Palm Pre, Droid, Apple iPad and even their own Xbox. MS keep having good ideas but their execution is always botched, and usually it starts at the horrible names they choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    MS has announced and has mock-ups for a version of Windows for Tablets known as Windows Embedded Compact 7, and MS has a LOT of Tablets on display at Computex. More competition for WebOS as a tablet platform.
    Ahhh, doesn't the name "Windows Embedded Compact 7" just roll of your tongue? Ballmer was a big shot at Proctor and Gamble so he should have a clue about brand recognition and such. MS has joined IBM as the "masters of creating long and complicated names for simple things"...

Next with will be "Windows Embedded Compact 7 -Basic" and "Windows Embedded Compact 7 Professional", followed by ."Windows Embedded 7 - Multi-Tasking edition with Media Center, Service Pack 1".

And the beauty of this is, Windows Mobile7 isn't Windows any more than the KIN is Windows. They just think the name is magic...
    And this just in:
    5 Ways Steve Ballmer Can Save Microsoft's Mobile Bacon

This article says that they need to stop calling Mobile7 Windows, etc...