1.    #1  
    *~When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself~*
    I can feel the battery of my Pre cringe...
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    I can feel the battery of my Pre cringe...
    This will use more or less the same amount of power as current processors. Maybe a little bit more because of the higher clockspeed, but certainly no more than the current ones overclocked to 800mhz.
    Maybe this would be useful if the title said "First 1.2GHz shipped to Palm Inc." But really it has no significance to Palm.. That we know of.

Although I wouldn't mind having our next phone having one!
    the question is will apps be dual core optimized?
    Check out noagendashow.com assassinating lamestream media!
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Maybe this would be useful if the title said "First 1.2GHz shipped to Palm Inc." But really it has no significance to Palm.. That we know of.

it has alot to do with Palm ! . They make chips for Palm and they are also under the HP umbrella, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    This will use more or less the same amount of power as current processors. Maybe a little bit more because of the higher clockspeed, but certainly no more than the current ones overclocked to 800mhz.
    I read that the Evo is also not exactly easy on the battery. I believe it when I see it.
    How could it bw when it has to power that monster sized screen...

Could Palm make 1 core for background processes and then the other for Apps.
    <<Thread Moved>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    <<Thread Merged>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post

This might be useful in another forum(I.E. Future Palm Devices) but it's possible to speculate that maybe HP-Palm is the mystery company getting the shipment.
    The next headline should read:

"Palm introduces the ultimate multitasking device with the dual core Snapdragon"

Wake me up when that happens...
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    I'm holding out on upgrades until dual-core phones are available.

IMHO the evo and other higher clocks aren't worth the e-ink they seem to get on gadget blogs, spec wise.

now dual core on a tru multitasking phone, that's something worth dropping cash for.

I just hope palm dosn't drop the pre size/form in the future, if they do release a slab, let it be in addition to a pre2.

I love dreaming.
    Palm phone on 1.2 dual core. I'll need a blower for my motorcycle to keep up with it.
    For a power supply I'll have to attach it to the HEMI in my truck.
    The pages move to fast. Can we get a patch to underclock the thing?
    Forget the blower or HEMI. I'm going to use the phone to power both the truck and Motorcycle.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!