1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Ripping off the Palm Pre?????

Here is copy of an ad for a program for the Ipad.

Please see how they rip off the Palm Pre:

ProSwitcher HD App for iPad, Screenshots for You!
    Gadgets DNA

ProSwitcher is a palm pre like multitasking app lets you switch between applications running in background in a beautiful Palm Pre style cover flow-like mode. It is similar to MultiFl0w but is said to be much easier, faster, and more intuitive and uses very less memory.

My comments on the ad:

As I understand it the Ipad and Iphone are not capable of Multi tasking in the way the Pre does. The ad claims, they are running n the background.,..however doesn't the Pre actually have multiple programs running 100%, with none in the background????? (I know I read an comparison, of true multi tasking on the Pre and the Faux multi tasting on th Iphone/Ipad. However, it was weeks ago and I could not find it. (It was not on this site)). Therefore, if I have any of the facts wrong, please correct me!

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    is there supposed to be a link
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    +1 Link please?
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    its the same jailbreakink required app thats been around for awhile right?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    the best thing for us (besides the link) is for the term "Palm Pre like" to be plastered all over the iPhone world and attributed to every possible innovation. Like the new wireless charging mat that snaps on the iphone... it is a huge and outdated way to add "Palm Pre like" wireless charging to the iPhone...

This is a phrase that we need to propagate!

... now about that link???
    Here's a link: ProSwitcher HD App for iPad Screenshots | Gadgets DNA.

And yes, it will require jailbreaking.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    that does not show me anything
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    that does not show me anything
    It's the descriptive text below the photo that talks about "Plam Pre like"...
    oh i c thanks
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  10.    #10  
    OOOppppsss I forgot enter the link.........or as the queen of hearts say "Off with his head"..........

Here is the link, currently it is the 2nd item, down from the top! Read the ad's copy, it is a Pre Rip off plain and simple!

ProSwitcher HD App for iPad Screenshots | Gadgets DNA

Please let me know it the link works> Alsp, please let me know if I am correct, that the Pre has actual multi tasking, not things running in the background, a faux multi tasking of the Iphone and the Ipad.

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
  11.    #11  
    Thank you Wyand for also finding the link, b/c I was to dumb to remember to do it myself, when I first posted. Take care, Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    As I understand it the Ipad and Iphone are not capable of Multi tasking in the way the Pre does. The ad claims, they are running n the background.,..however doesn't the Pre actually have multiple programs running 100%, with none in the background????? (I know I read an comparison, of true multi tasking on the Pre and the Faux multi tasting on th Iphone/Ipad. However, it was weeks ago and I could not find it. (It was not on this site)). Therefore, if I have any of the facts wrong, please correct me!
    Jay, the iPhone can multi-task just like the Pre once it's jailbroken (same thing as the rooting the Pre) and running backgrounder. The only reason the iPhone doesn't multi-task out of the box is because Apple prohibits it for 3rd party apps. Just like the Pre, programs on a jail broken iPhone continue to execute even when they don't have the focus on the device.

That said, Proswitcher looks pretty clunky on an iPad. There's so much screen real estate available, it seems a waste to use the nearly-full-screen card metaphor the Pre uses.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    who cares!
    Hi,

I care, b/c instead of having a Pre like experience, they should just buy a Pre.

Take care, Jay
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Jay, the iPhone can multi-task just like the Pre once it's jailbroken (same thing as the rooting the Pre) and running backgrounder. The only reason the iPhone doesn't multi-task out of the box is because Apple prohibits it for 3rd party apps. Just like the Pre, programs on a jail broken iPhone continue to execute even when they don't have the focus on the device.

That said, Proswitcher looks pretty clunky on an iPad. There's so much screen real estate available, it seems a waste to use the nearly-full-screen card metaphor the Pre uses.
    Hi

Thank you!!! However, won't Apple and AT&T have a cow, if they found out you have jailbroken the IPad??

Take care, Jay
    Thank you!!! However, won't Apple and AT&T have a cow, if they found out you have jailbroken the IPad??
    Not any more than Verizon will with a homebrewed Pre. I'm not sure how Sprint responds if you try to return a homebrewed Pre. Otherwise, unless you bring a modded phone into a store for service on it, there's no other way for AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint to know you've modded their OS. It's the same for Blackberries, WM, and Android devices with cooked ROMs.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Not any more than Verizon will with a homebrewed Pre. I'm not sure how Sprint responds if you try to return a homebrewed Pre. Otherwise, unless you bring a modded phone into a store for service on it, there's no other way for AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint to know you've modded their OS. It's the same for Blackberries, WM, and Android devices with cooked ROMs.
    Hi, I assume you can wipe of the Pre's memory before you return it. Take care, Jay
  17.    #17  
    LOL
    Hi, I assume you can wipe of the Pre's memory before you return it. Take care, Jay
    WebOS Dr. Can do that for you.
  19.    #19  
    Hi, Thank you, take care, Jay