1.    #1  
    It hasnt been really often that I've had to 'defend' my Pre against the Android army and Iphone sheep but I'm wondering how you guys deal/have dealt with ignorant *******' attacks toward Palm and the awesome Pre.

Typical attack (examples):
    "Only 3000 apps?????"
    "Who uses Palm devices??"
    "Heard that phone didn't do well"
    "My Droid can [totally irrelevant feature used to show off device]"

And more recently:
    "Palm, really? Didn't they just get bought out or something?"
    "I heard one of their guys just left for Google"

The above are just the first examples that come to mind whenever the Pre is brought up in an open discussion, internet forum or otherwise. They don't necessarily reflect my own experience. Just curious what you guys might say over such statements.
  2.    #2  
    Edit: dont know why f-a-n-b-o-y is starred out
    Well those are all pretty legit things to say. I'm pretty disappointed too in the number of apps, number of quality apps, etc. Why not agree with what some of the criticisms are, and then go on to say what you are happy about with the device?
    You do bring up some good points... But this thread is still going to get closed soon. It's nothing you said, but threads like this always get messy very quickly.
    thats when you show them the way palm multitasks is what im screamin !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    You don't have to defend the phone, just say what you enjoy about using it. I wouldn't bother with arguing.
    Id say:

"Only 3000 apps?????"

Ya, only 3000 and over half are useful apps, as opposed to 10000000000000000000 apps that only a few are useful, the rest are just annoying and make it harder to sift thru the good ones

"Who uses Palm devices??"
    Smart people

"Heard that phone didn't do well"
    It did well among an eclectic and interestingly well informed crowd of people who prefer an OS with substance vs fluff

"My Droid can [totally irrelevant feature used to show off device]"
    TRUE multi tasking, CARDS ROCK!

And more recently:
    "Palm, really? Didn't they just get bought out or something?"
    YES!! By the BEST OF THE BEST Hardware manufacturer ON the planet! YAY!

"I heard one of their guys just left for Google"

Ya well nobody stays at one job forever
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I make no apologies. I show them a few important tasks that illustrate why I like this phone. More focusing on the fact that this is a great phone, not so much on being adversarial. Once they start playing with my phone, they quickly find stuff about the pre they like... I will find and post me normal demo script in a few minutes...
    here is what I do:
    I start by pointing out the theme (usually iPhone or OSX) to show customization. I flip a few pages to show 800mhz speed. Then I show multiple browsers loading (re-loading because they were already open. Starting a text or call by typing a name. I zoom out to tiny cards to rearrange them. I tell them about homebrew.

Then I launch app catalog and install a free app. While it is still downloading, I close the catalog so they will see the "app install finished" notification while I'm back in a browser showing pinch/zoom/pan and double tapping frames.

Generally by then they have snatched it out of my hand and are playing around with giggles and snorts of amazement...

Takes about two minutes to impress an iPhone user. About 30 seconds for everyone else...

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...-your-pre.html
    I swear if the mods don't close this then they're hypocrites!
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    whut?
    I don't see your point.

I still believe what I said above, but everyone is playing nicely so far...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't see your point.

I still believe what I said above, but everyone is playing nicely so far...
    Compare.

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...id-future.html

http://forums.precentral.net/cross-p...ever-seen.html

And this thread.
    ps, I finally found another iphone app I REALLY want (the other is shazaam)...

this weekend I had to buy an air conditioner for my office. I took my radio shack sound meter because it needs to run quietly.

turns out, there is an iphone app that measures (approximates) noise level from the mic. Not as accurate, but relative volume comparisons are all that is needed for that. I would LOVE to have that app since I don't always have my meter handy...

that's two. There are 149,998 others that I can live without...
    I love webos but I'm a realist. It lost to iphone and getting crushed by android for the exact reasons stated. But it shouldn't matter what people say.if you like what the Pre does then it would only bother you if you either have a inferiority complex with your phone or it bother ya to hear the truth. Enjoy the PRE and don't let it bother ya. All phones have there good points and bad. No phone is perfect. Even the iphone.
    Compare.

[url]

[url]

And this thread.
    Link 1: "Hey Precentral, Android is the best. Palm is the worst." It was closed before it really turned into a flame war.

Link 2: "Pre fanatics are just as bad as iphone fans". Cool story. that thread was going downhill quick.

This thread: "Apple/Android fans are annoying". Yea, it couldve been worded better, but everyone is still being civil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Link 1: "Hey Precentral, Android is the best. Palm is the worst." It was closed before it really turned into a flame war.

Link 2: "Pre fanatics are just as bad as iphone fans". Cool story. that thread was going downhill quick.

This thread: "Apple/Android fans are annoying". Yea, it couldve been worded better, but everyone is still being civil.
    I agree with link 1, but link 2, nothing was going down hill. The mod closed it early. Which I expected to happen to this based on their behavior earlier.
    I highly recommend you review our Forum Guidelines:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...uncements.html

The Forum Moderators work hard to keep things organized and civil, they don't deserve this kind of questioning about their motives.
    Just call me Berd.